Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New RAM 1500 Quality

bc01clsbc01cls Posts: 44
edited March 6 in Dodge
Just wondering how other RAM buyers are doing with their purchase, quality wise. My selling dealer offered a 30 day "check up" to fix any problems on my new RAM but there haven't been any. First time I've had a new vehicle with nothing wrong that I can remember. I am impressed!

Comments

• jneffjneff Posts: 9
    I have 4000 miles on my Ram 1500 Quad 4 by 2.No problems,no squeeks. Its perfect
  • Perfect. LOVE IT!!
  • Made it through the first 1000 miles without any problems or squeeks and lovin it so far! This truck is truly the "Mayor of Truckville"

Ram 1500 Quad, 4x4, 4.7 liter, Automatic
  • yank2yank2 Posts: 49
    This Ram is 100% better then my 2000 Dakota I just love the truck nothing wrong yet.
  • Has anyone noticed their front passanger window operates slower than the drivers and the rear windows?

I'm wondering if I'm being anal, but it seems strange that this is the case? Surely they would use the same motors on the passanger and rear windows, but yet it still works, so is this a problem or just fact-of-life.

Apart from this - great! Even had a guy walk up to me at Home Depot and say "Great Truck"!!!
  • mine over and did not notice a difference, but going to see if wife can see a difference in the speed of them.
  • It's the darndest things - I didn't notice it at all in all the test drives I did, it was my wife who has the eagle eyes. I'm not worried about it unless it becomes a problem but then I feel comfortable going back to the dealer to get it fixed on the warranty.
  • saltysacksaltysack Posts: 12
    Have had my new Dodge 1500 Quad Cab for 2200 miles and almost three months and not one single thing needs fixing. I am amazed. But, we'll see how the transmission does over time. Early returns are very good. My truck was built in Warren, Michigan plant last October.
  • newramfannewramfan Posts: 22
    I have had mine for 6 months and have just over 4000 miles on it. So far the drivers seat is sliding back and forth (about a half inch or so)as I come to a stop or take off. Also, my rear door locks do not want to unlock all the way when it is cold outside. I haven't noticed the window speed difference, but will pay close attention next time.
  • I'm a Dodge guy that traded my perfectly good 97 1500 for a S-10 crew cab, what was I thinking? After 8 months I could write a book on the poor quality and bad service (12 pages to chevy but they don't care). 1 month ago I bit the bullet and traded that for a silver 02 1500 quad 2 wheel dr w/trailer pkg and seat upgrade. I'm home again, what a wonderful truck. I hand wash once a week in a well lighted garage and to date have found only 1 very minor speck of something in the paint (no one else will ever find it). This includes inside the door jams and box! Mine was made in Mexico but after my last American made truck (s-10) I don't care, I went from the absolute worst quality I ever owned to the best. I'm fussy about my vehicle and this is the most perfect truck I've ever had period, thanks Dodge.
  • brnzbkbrnzbk Posts: 33
    I was curious if anyone has a truck built in the Fenton Missouri plant. I know someone who is connected with the plant as an outside contractor and he stated that they had some weld problems on the rear axles, and headlight assembly problems. Does anyone know if the quality is less from this plant?
  • gottscdjgottscdj Posts: 17
    You join many of us that are thrilled with our Ram purchase. I was not a dodge person in the past. As a matter of fact, the only other dodge I have ever owned was a caravan. It took me a while to warm up to the dominant grill on the new Ram but now I love it. The body style is great and the interior is as good as my mercedes that I traded it. It does get me to the gas pump more often than my mercedes did. Has anyone put nerf bars on the Ram and are they not compatable with mud flaps? I would love to see some photos.
    I think mine was built at that plant. It was built in the St. Louis area. I'll have to check for sure. Can you tell me more about the problems?
  • fastappyfastappy Posts: 6
    My truck (1500 QC SLT Sport 4x4) was assemble at that plant and I have not experienced any problems. In fact I'm very pleased by the quality and engineering.

Weld problems? What exactly is the supposed defect(s)? Just sounds like a rumor at this point. Let us know if you have any solid information.
  • brnzbkbrnzbk Posts: 33
    The welds were breaking on the rear differential and being repaired by an outside company ( sorting company ). The company takes care of some of the quality problems, this reduces cost because the workers are not union. The parts and or trucks are taken off site and inspected, I don't know who did the actual repair. I got this information from a quality engineer who works for the outside contractor.
  • satyr66satyr66 Posts: 11
    gottscdj . e-mail me at mark.carfang@adelphia.com and I will send you pics with nerf bars and mudflaps. They work great together.
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,931
    We looked at a new RAM 1500 today. I couldn't see a weld bead on the rear axle assembly. There are some casting marks, but no visible signs of welding anywhere.

Dusty
    was it on a truck manufactured in St. Louis, MO.?
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,931
    I don't know. This was one of the new RAMs in the company parking lot. It just happened to be the closest one to us. I looked at another one this morning. The rear axle assemblies are cast iron units with the typically pressed in cast iron axle tubes. Where would there be a weld on a cast iron housing?

This one isn't making any sense to me.

Dusty
  • pushplaypushplay Posts: 52
    any vehicle besides a GM before either, but after the the 2000 Silverado I had I knew it was time for me to look else where. So after selling my Silverado I was in no hurry to replace it at the time I had no idea Dodge was going to build a new truck. I had heard from a friend that they were going to so I kept an eye out for it. When I first seen it I liked the looks of it, but after driving it I knew what I was going to buy. I love this truck more every time I drive it. It is simpley the best truck I have owned period for the same reasons that all new Ram owners know period. Even if I was to have a problem our two, but I don't think I will.

P.S. My truck was also made in Satillo Mexico.
This discussion has been closed.