Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano 2005 and earlier

Comments

• cayennered1cayennered1 Posts: 193
    I really like the interior of the Murano. Particularly the burnt orange leather with aluminum (Titanium?) trim. I can live with the odd shape of the rear window though I think it would look better in a more traditional shape (a photoshop version was posted on Freshalloy.com).

My one problem is the gaudy chrome grill which looks totally out of place on such a clean and stylish looking vehicle. What possessed Nissan to drop that ugly piece of metal on an otherwise beautiful design. Right now I feel that grill is a deal breaker for me. Unless it looks less grotesque in person I'll have to keep looking. Love the G35 coupe but have a feeling they will be in short supply and over MSRP when my lease is up this November.
  • sunbu95sunbu95 Posts: 15
    At the NY auto show on Friday, you can't sit in the Murano, but you can look closely at the SUV, with the driver's side door open, and also see the power train display in separate area, just like Nissan showed off the Altima a year ago in the same spot. I own a 4yr old Pathfinder now, and I was trying to like the Highlander, but now I think I will wait for the Murano in the fall. I needed a little getting used to the curvy, almost retro lines, but my wife likes the styling and I loved! the interior. Outside, The PF would look boxy next to the Murano. The size of the Murano is two to four inches bigger than the PF in length and width. They have glitzy brochures to pass out at the auto show, if you go.
  • ligartligart Posts: 109
    That is one FINE looking auto, regardless of category (suv, sedan, etc). Is this what it's really gonna look like inside and out? I hope they really offer the dark tan interior ... looks to be straight from a British roadster :-) I'm so sick of the usual suspects of black / grey / light tan.
  • lbthedawglbthedawg Posts: 48
    AAAAAAHHHH!!!!

The 2003 Gremlin!

And who said the Japanese couldn't build a better Aztek?
  • 93fsu193fsu1 Posts: 97
    I had the same impression when I saw the drawings. The pictures changed my mind. I have decided it is worth waiting until the fall before making a purchase of something else just so I can see it in person.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    both the Murano and FX45. Both are superb looking in person. Nissan, having risen from the ashes, is clearly on a roll...

Bob
  • I need to say the Murano looks great! It will not replace the PF as it will not have the offroad capabilities. I been looking at the BMW X5 as I need a 4X4 but do not want a boxy truck or a cutesy wimpy suv(RAV4, etc). The Murano has the aggressive look of the X5 but not the sticker shock.

The Xterra had my attention but I feel for $26000 I should not have to put up all that plastic siding or cheap interior.

My only beef is I want a manual tran. The CVT sounds cool and I will still consider it but shifting gears without a clutch does not feel the same.

Maybe they will add a 6 speed manual for us people who love to drive!!
  • 93fsu193fsu1 Posts: 97
    Did anyone get a peek inside? Is the interior better than the Altima?
  • diploiddiploid Posts: 2,286
    V-6 engine will be from the Altima, not the PF or G35.
  • bcyimbcyim Posts: 10
    I think the Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, QX4, G35, I35, and the new Z all use the same VQ35DE engine. They have different hp rating because of different piping.
  • troyy2ktroyy2k Posts: 91
    Do Nissan Dealers typically offer an pre-ordering incentive programs? Also, are there any Nissan Sponsored Discount Plans, like Ford's X-plan?
  • aftyafty Posts: 499
    There's a Nissan-sponsored discount plan called VPP. You have to know someone who works for Nissan or a Nissan supplier to get the VPP price.
  • I read on Nissan's web-site that the Murano will provide comfortable seating for 2 couples... does that mean it will only be able to seat 4 ?

Kinda weird ... why would one want to create a vehicle designed to seat 2 couples ... unless maybe you are going on a double date and want to carpool?

If this 4 seating only arrangement is true then I would have to cross this vehicle out of my list since I need a vehicle that can seat 5.
  • sliangsliang Posts: 50
    tweetynator,
    If you look closer into Nissan web site, and check out the picture for the rear seats of the Murano, I think you definitely can seat 5 people just like a sedan.
    I am also waiting to see what the price range is going to be for the Murano when it is on sale this fall. I heard it is going to be between mid 20K to high 20K. If this is true, then Murano will be very competitive in its market segment.
  • Thanks for the info sliang...

I sure hope the Murano is indeed in that price range... but that would put it in the Pathfinder territory price-wise. I hope Nissan does not price it above $30k to differentiate it from the Pathfinder.
  • If it's intended to compete with the Toyota Highlander and Ford Escape, price can be anywhere from 23k to aeound 31k +

Looks kind of cool. Anyone see any specs on it?
  • cb70cb70 Posts: 226
    Never seen an estimate below $25k.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,226
    i thought i heard or read that it will have 3-row seating?

I saw it at the NY show, but the doors were closed and it was kinda high off the ground to really get a look in the windows. Maybe it was my perspective, but i really felt like it wasn't a big sport ute. Kinda felt more like a beefy wagon (i.e. crossover) to me. I was immediately drawn to it, though. I think it looks great. IF they can offer 3-rows and start it under $25K, then I'll be taking a serious look when it comes around.

I missed the person's name who posted it and don't want to look back, but who said it is bigger than the pathfinder? Did you find and compare actual dimensions or are you guessing? Thanks for the info.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• porknbeansporknbeans Posts: 464
    Seating will be for 5. No third row seat. There is rumors of the replacement for the Pathfinder being larger with a third row.
  • pf01pf01 Posts: 35
    Go to nissannews.com, it has both specifications and nice pictures of Murano. Murano is 5 inches longer than Pathfinder in both wheelbase and overall length. It is also 2 inches wider than Pathfinder. Personally, I feel that the styling of Murano is so modern, any other SUV looks old-fashioned to me now.
    Yesterday, I saw an Infiniti TV ad that showed the FX45, which is supposed to be in show rooms a couple of months later than the Murano.
  • guyfguyf Posts: 456
    This is the most info I have seen on the Murano yet. The Pilot looks 10 years old compared to the Murano!
    According to the NissanNews website, " The Nissan Murano goes on sale in the fall as a 2003 model." Does anyone have a more specific launch date, rather than just "in the fall?" My lease runs out in late summer, and it would make a big diffence in my plans if the Murano were to be launched in November vs. August. Does anyone have a more specific launch date, rather than just "in the fall?" Thanks!
    My friend explained to me that the term for "moron" in Portuguese is "Morano" - Is this true?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,219
    Doesn't show up in the babelfish translator. Where's Juice?

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    If it's true -- that would hurt. Remember the Chevy Nova? Nova meant "No Go" in Spanish. I don't think Nissan had that in mind, though. :)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I don't think so, at least I've never heard it. Sounds to me like an American that doesn't speak Spanish (not even Portuguese) pretending that he does.

I sounds a bit like "Muro", which means "Wall". "Mora" means "Lives".

-juice
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    "Mas da" means "gives more", though! :-)

-juice
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,219
    It's nice to have a Portuguese speaking member to call on.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    And let's not forget the "No Va" that was a dismal failure in Latin America!

["No va" means "doesn't go" in Spanish]

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
This discussion has been closed.