Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Owners: Meet the Members

124»

Comments

• Really like the way it handles, quality and the reliability. Been buying Toyotas for years!
  • tundradudetundradude Posts: 588
    Currently has 188,000.
  • Hi I am Jeff, from Toronto.
    Got a corolla from parents so I can drive to work (current on co-op, that's why), but hopefully I can pay for the car and fully own it soon, so I can add all the accessories I want :D . Nevertheless, still loving the Rolla's mileage and sufficient features to entertain me when I ma bored.
  • My name is Jeff and I just bought a 1996 Corolla DX that is going to need some TLC. It hit a concrete culvert and now I am going to go get it on the 2nd of May near the OH/PA border. I have acquired it since the constant rise of gas prices that are making my v-8 Police car a thing of the past. I look forward to making some more psots once I get this thingy home and tear into what needs to be repaired and what needs to be kept where it is. I hope some of the membership if could help me once I run into problems with them to help me get it figured out. Thanks for the time and I hope to see many replies.

Jeff
  • Hi Everyone,
    My name is Nancy and I am a new member of the Toyota family. Bought my first Toyota (2006 Corolla) 5 days ago and I love, love, love, it! I haven't even put the first tank of gas in it yet as the dealer did that for me. My Corolla is a CE with auto transmission and what a joy it is to drive. I had been driving a 1994 Nissan Sentra with stick shift for the last 12 years and only had 56,718 on the Nissan but the body was falling away around it. :cry: I live in a very hilly geographic area and the stick shift really took effort to drive and was stressful when having to stop atop a steep hill. I am looking forward to having a long love affair with my new Corolla. ;)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi Nancy, welcome!

I hope you will explore all of our Corolla discussions as well as the rest of our Forums. You'll find that we have a lot to offer and we'd love to have your input.

Also, don't miss our new feature, http://www.carspace.com. You can post pictures of your new Corolla and make all kinds of new friends.

Have fun - here in the Forums and with your new ride!! :)
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    Congrats! I am sure you will really love the Corolla. You can't beat the reliability and value - just complete the maintenance listed in the owner's manual and it will serve you well. I am on my 2nd Corolla (3rd Toyota) and would not buy anything else.

Problem is that my family is growing, and my '99 LE 5 speed stick is smaller than the current Corolla, so I may have to get rid of it in a few years. I don't want to, because my wife is like you (doesn't like stick), and she wants me to get an automatic next time so she can drive it too and not get all stressed out driving a stick.
  • serbradserbrad Posts: 2
    My last car was a 97 Corolla DX and I plan on buying another one. I got hit by a red light runner a couple of weeks ago, and with the insurance money, I'm hoping to pop right back into another one that's how much I loved it.
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    Hi! Name's Iris. I see it's been a full year since anyone's posted. Thought I'd post this here since I still have mine!

I've had this car for 9 years this week! I bought it when it had just less than 10,000 miles on it, and now it's got slightly less than 124.5K miles on it. It's been a dream, easily the best car I've ever had. This year was the first time I had to put it in the shop for something that wasn't minor maintenance. The starter went out after 8 years, and a door handle broke off after years in the hot Oklahoma sun. However, I fixed that myself rather than blow money at the dealer to fix it. I also lost a wheel bearing this year. I've put maybe 3 sets of tires on it since I've had it, which I don't consider excessive, and lucky, given the potholes that develop around here! I ripped out the cupholders as well as the door to the storage area underneath the air conditioning controls. The cupholder bracket was interfering with the electric plugin that I used for my portable CD player. I've got a bulb out on the instrument cluster but I can still read the gauge.

I've yet to change a headlight in it, although I did change both brake lights last year. Now I'm noticing signs that the transmission is perhaps starting to go, not sure what that's about. Oh, and I'm still running on the original Japanese plugs! Still just bump the key and it starts, no cranking!

At any rate, I have no real complaints about the service I've gotten out of this car. This is my fifth car in 27 years, and I've had some real losers. My last two were this Corolla and a Corolla in Chevrolet clothing called the Nova, and between them I've gotten 19 years of service out of them.

Now that it's time to start thinking about what my next car will be, part of me says I'd be silly to consider anything but another Corolla. But it sure would be nice to have something with utility, that I could take, say, a TV set or a wing chair I find at a garage sale. Plus because of the cooperation between the foreign and domestic carmakers interchanging parts, even American-made 4 cylinders are better by far than they used to be. With the Corolla, you get a car that you'll never have to change the timing belt on - because it has a chain! All Corollas since the late 90s have had timing chains rather than that annoying belt such as that which broke on my Nova! So, even though I hate the generation 9's body style and those round tail lights, and the lack of black trim around the windows, I could do worse than yet another Corolla. If I move up to the LE, I get a CD player AND some classy wood-like trim!

Oh, and another thing my '98 has over the newer ones is the cool wheel covers. The recent Corollas have the ugliest wheels I've ever seen.
  • Hi, I'm Justin and I live in Farmington, MI. I own a 1995 Toyota Corolla DX w/ the 1.8L 7AFE and manual transmission. Faded original red paint. Over 220,000 miles now. Replaced the alternator a few times. Added bigger headers and complete exhaust. Iridium plugs and better wires. Short shifter, front strut tower brace, springs, struts. Take it to Toyota dealers and they can't find anything wrong with the powertrain.
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    Sounds like a nice car. So are saying there is a problem with the transmission????
  • we just got our pearl sand black xrs standard 6 spd. 2005 model has to go back to toyota dealer rusting blotch. very strange to see this on a 2005 + noticed paint chip's after bringing it home .toyota dealer will repair no problem. but we love this car.has rear disc brakes + sport suspension . it's fast with that celica engine + 6 spd, tranny . no folding rear seat's but that's good for a baby seat secured.
    If I'm not mistaken I believe the engines have been a lioke in both the Corollas and the Celica GT for at least the last 6 years of the Celica's production.
  • calvin8calvin8 Posts: 5
    Hello Everyone
    I just got a 09' Corolla LE yesterday. I only looked cars for two days and make final decision. My wife and I really need a new car badly, So we can save some time on the travel to work. I hope that it will turn out good for me. And I hope everyone can help on my questions and I will put some inputs too. Thanks
  • hi ppl my name is sean,i live in n.j before i move to massachusetts , i own a 1991 corolla with is my project car and hopefully i have all my performance parts in time 4 the of 20010
    Thought solicitation wasn't allowed on the forums ? ? ?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    it isn't, and it's eradicated when it's spotted by a host. The system doesn't know that it's spam. :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

124»
This discussion has been closed.