Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• tampajoshtampajosh Posts: 9
    The first thing you need to do is REMOVE the side moldings, mmmkay? It looks sooo much better without them. Here is a picture of my car without them:
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/joshodonn/CAR/100_2042.JPG

Here is a link with instructions on how to remove them, it's super easy:
    http://9thgencorolla.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14858

While you're reading that link, go ahead and make yourself an account on that site.... It's the best resource online for you as a Corolla owner. Pretty much ANY question that you might have has been discussed at length multiple times, all you have to do is search the forums for your answer. If it hasn't been discussed, all you have to do is ask and it will be answered pronto.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your Corolla!
  • misterfmisterf Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you got it out in 1 piece and would you consider selling it. Let me know.
  • sirikitsirikit Posts: 2
    wow... that looks great.. i might try it.. thanks for the tip.
    So i decided not to go with a Body kit.
  • bscott3bscott3 Posts: 9
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to take the radio out of a 2006 Corolla S.
  • misterfmisterf Posts: 2
    If it is the same as my '04, here it is. Start with the covering around the shift lever. It should pop right up with a little persuasion at the bottom. Next, remove the center knob for the A/C fan control. There should be a screw behind this knob. Next, gently pull the entire assembly, from the front of the shift lever all the way to the bottom of the radio. It should come out in one piece. You will see there are 4 screws below the radio. All the screws need to come out. Once they are out, pull on the radio assembly and the entire radio and vents should come out together.
  • beaker2beaker2 Posts: 1
    My daughter just bought an CE and we didn't realize it had no keyless entry--do you have info on where and what kind of aftermarkets are available for the 2006 corolla ce?
    Thank
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    Hi All,
    My folks just bought a 2006 Corolla LE and wanted to protect it with some seat covers that will work with the side air bags they have.
    Anybody out there have any recommendations for them?
    Thanks
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    I saw somewhere seat covers that specifically said they were compatible with side air bags, but I don't remember where.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    Thanks mcdawgg and kenym for the info.
  • dkrayziedkrayzie Posts: 5
    I am trying to find the same info. I want to install a new cd player in a 2006 Corolla S automatic. I removed the cover around the shifter and 2 screws that looked like held the dash in, as well as the screw behind the center climate control knob. Now i can't get the dash do budge at all, im afraid if i pull any harder it will break.
  • I am trying to add a Pittsburgh Steelers license place to the FRONT spoiler of a new Corolla. There are no holes of course. Is there an adaptor of some sort that can be used?

Thanks,
    Leavenfish
  • By the way, I am refering to a 2006 Corolla S.

---Leavenfish
  • beernutbeernut Posts: 329
    Hmmm... Not sure about the Steelers license plate mounting method. Da Bears - maybe, but never the Steelers.
  • Me, I'm a Titans fan. It's for the girlfriend. Any idea how to do this?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I hope someone can be of more help than I can, but from what I've seen at dealerships, all they do is just drill holes with a regular power drill.

I know a lot of people don't want holes in their front bumpers and I don't blame them (Virginia, where I live, requires a front license plate). Maybe someone else will chime in here.
  • The light hit the black front bumper just right today and I could see little indententations just where you would put the plates. I guess, 'drilling' is a valid option!
  • My parents just purchased a 2001 Corolla S model for my son who recently began driving. He is interested in buying a rear spoiler and having it installed. We have looked online and found two sites that you can submit the color code and have the spoiler shipped to you. (the cost- $200 total) We called our local Toyota Dealer who wants $450 for his parts and installation. He said he would charge us $180 to install our online purchased spoiler. Is it worth saving the $70 to order online and have them install it? And most importantly, has anyone added a spoiler to a car after purchase and had any problems ( i. e. with the trunk leaking, etc. ) My folks are a bit leery of having this done. I would be interested to hearing any of your advice. Thanks so much!
  • beernutbeernut Posts: 329
    If your folks are leery about it, its with good reason. They didn't pay $200 for their first entire car, let alone a goofy looking piece of useless plastic.

My advice? Leave it alone and use the money for something smart.

My further advice? This young person has already been taught that good things come to those with grandparents who will spend. If you find his "spoiler envy" to be incurable, teach him about fiscal responsibility and risk by letting him buy it with his money and installing it on his own car.

(I need to cut down on the coffee.)
  • OK First off, he was not totally given a car by them. He worked and helped to pay for it ( they pitched in to match his funds) with his paychecks this summer. I should have made that clear so that you and others don't think he is a spoiled brat. He isn't and has been taught about fiscal responsibility all of his life (hence he was able to put a substantial amount of money toward this car). I tend to agree with you about leaving it alone, but wanted advice about previous experiences- not a sermon on how to raise a child.