Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• http://www.pontiac.com/pontiacjsp/vibe/access/supercharger.jsp?source=vibema&pagename=vibeacsprv

You can get all of these accessories put on when you buy the vibe new. The supercharger will give the matrix/vibe welcomed low end torque. If anyone puts one on please start a new discussion and share your experience.

• fgf001fgf001 Posts: 98
    Has anyone installed an Injen or AEM cold air intake on an '03 Corolla? I'm curious as to the difficulty of the installation and accessibility of the cone filter to clean, etc.
  • jeproxjeprox Posts: 466
    look here www.vvti.net
    lots of info for toyota vehicles.
    Thank you, I wasn't aware of that site.
    yeah there are many sites on the internet for corolla or matrix. the vvti.net is pretty good. mostly younger guys and lots of pics there as well.
    i got lots of tips from there and they have a DIY section as well.
  • Has anyone had an automatic car starter installed on the 2003 Matrix, and if so did you have any problems after?
    I'm probably twice as old as anyone on the vvt-i site but the hot rodder's heart never changes...if you've got 400 horsepower you want 450!
    just wanted to share with 03' owners out there...
    if you shave off the "toyota, corolla, CE, LE" on the trunk of your car, it will give you a very nice clean look! :)

i removed mine and except the toyota logo, it looks really nice and clean. also, you don't have to worry about wax and dirt in between those letters! :)
  • How did you do this?

Also, does anyone know how to remove the dealer crap stickers without damaging the paint (very delicate in 2003 I hear)?
    you can use a nylon fishing line or just use your hand/fingers! i just used my hand to slowly pry it off. while prying off the emblem, i used a very thin plastic ruler to slide behind the emblem and cut through the two sided tape.

after the emblem is off, i just used my fingers to rub off the remaining tape. once done, wax it and wow, clean look and no scratches!

to remove the dealer stickers, use a hair dryer. heat up the stickers and use your fingers to peel the stickers off. when done, use wax to remove the remaining tape! done!
  • xr5speedxr5speed Posts: 13
    I just got a 5-speed XR (what a fun car to drive) and have been shopping security systems. My car has the remote door and hatch locks and I really don't want to schlep two remotes around for the car. Toyota wants $400+ just for the parts for the alarm. Any suggestions/warnings?
    try to buy brand name units, it may cost you a bit more but usually less expensive than the OEM units. try to buy the ones with anti-grabbing code. when u install a security system, usually both OEM and aftermarket remote will both work. just leave the OEM remote at home and use the alarm remote.

the OEM system can be disabled but installers dont usually do this coz' they may screw something up and its more work. so just leave the OEM remote at home and use the alarm remote.
  • I'm thinking about buying a white Matrix XR, and one of the few sticking points is the cloth seats. Does anyone out there have the "leather interior upgrade with preferred suede inserts"? I can't picture that at all. I'm curious about color and the suede aspect. Somehow I can't picture a suede car seat--is the whole thing suede?
  • stillageekstillageek Posts: 101
    I got the Leather/Suede interior from Gulf States Toyota Group. The leather is on the outside of the seats and the suede is in the middle. The majority of the seat is suede. It is very nice and feels much better than cloth and better than the leather in my previous Cadillac Catera. Again the only part that is leather is the outer edges of the seat.
  • jmac15jmac15 Posts: 1
    Ordered my daughter a Toyota cupholder ashtray for her 2003 Corolla. Order information stated that a retainer was required to complete installation. The retainer is a plastic disk that apparently fits in the bottom of the cupholder before you put the ashtray in. Am really puzzled as to what purpose it might serve. Does anyone know?
  • Thanks for the info--it really sounds nice! I'm still wallowing in indecision, but you may have pushed me over the edge toward a Matrix. :)
  • kris0877kris0877 Posts: 7
    I'm signing the deal for my new Matrix base with "B" package tonight. I requsted to have the 16" alloys replaced with 15" steel from 2003 Corolla (P195/65R15). The dealer gives me $1000 CND discount. I'm also getting undercoat for $288. Is it a good deal?
  • LuzerLuzer Posts: 118
    Undercoat is a rip off.
    Owners manuals (my Vibe) states not to do this.
    I believe my 99 Toyota Sienna said that somewhere also.

Why the 15"?
    Car was design for 16" - just a thought.
  • steve285steve285 Posts: 8
    I'm planning on replacing the factory front door speakers in my 2002 Corolla with Infinity 6000cs component speakers.

Please share your experience if you've ever removed the front door panels on an '02 or similar Corolla. Where are the fasteners located? Did you break any?

Thanks in advance to all who reply. I'd like to hear from as many of you as possible.
  • hurler4hurler4 Posts: 104
    Did anyone get the carbon fiber dash for the Matrix? If so, do you have any photos of it? I'd like to see what it looks like before getting it.
  • mpg5mpg5 Posts: 68
    considering buying a matrix XRS, but am concerned with lack of low end torque. would it make more sense to buy an XR and have aftermarket supercharger installed? does anyone have performance numbers and/or the cost of having a supercharger installed?
  • just got my xrs with 16' wheels and rims, but i want to upgrade to 17' wheels and tires....are they any good websites for this?
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• kris0877kris0877 Posts: 7
    I'd like to listen to my MP3/CD portable player through car stereo, unfortunately my Matrix doesn't have the Line In jack in it. I used casette adapter in my old car, but Matrix has only CD player. I tried wireless FM transmitter with very poor results. Is it possible to install the Line In jack wihtout affecting warranty? What are the other options?
    Thank you
  • wfriendwfriend Posts: 2
    I bought a 5 speed XR about one month ago and now I am experiencing back pain when I depress the clutch. If I move the seat closer so I don't have to stretch so far I am too close to the steering wheel. I am 5'9" so I am not really short. I am constantly moving the seat to get comforable. Has anyone had this problem? Also, has anyone used pedal extendors or know where to get them? Thanks for your help.
    You'd have to be pretty skilled to install a line in jack. A easier solution would be to burn a few regular CD's (thats what I do). Another option would be to purchase an FM modulated CD changer. Many can read MP3's now. A cheap one with a wired remote would run you $130-200. A wireless remote maybe $80-120 more....plus installation.
  • grttgrtt Posts: 2
    Anyone have any thoughts about the various protection options/package they offer you?

- undercoat
    - paint
    - seat covers
    - rust
  • matthew525matthew525 Posts: 52
    No, No, No, and No - especially from the dealer where you'll suffer an added mark-up. If you are really interested in these products and I'll admit for some harsh driving conditions they may be necessary - yet go direct and cut out the middle (dealer) man.
  • hurler4hurler4 Posts: 104
    My 2004 Matrix finally came in!! It's a black XR with a 5-speed and just about every option except ABS and side air bags.

So far, I love the car. The only slight complaint is that it is very easy to scrape the bottom, even when being careful. And I doubt anti-chipping tape would protect that (it's not THAT strong).

Anyways, I am thinking of two more options for the car. The dealer said that mud guards would break off right away if I had them put on. This seems a bit far-fetched to me. Does anyone have them installed? If so, are they drilled on or is it easier than that to install them?

Second, I am thinking of getting a strut tower brace for slightly better handling. Has anyone installed one? If so, do you simply bolt it onto the struts, or do you have to do something with the struts (take screws off the struts, etc.)?

Thanks!
    I installed a STB on my XRS and love it. Installation was a breeze. Just pull off the bolts on the struts, put away the black metal retainers and install the brace. I bought mine off ebay for $40 and it was money well spent. Cornering now involves less body roll and I feel more in control.