Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• Well my car was suposed to come with floor mats but they were left out. Only took my dealer 2 days to get them ordered and in and picked them up yesterday. All the dealer has to do is rush the order and you get them.

And I had to order the cargo net also. I got dealer price on it (30 bucks) and that will be UPSed to me by thurs for free. I guess maybe you just need to hobnob with your dealer to get a better price and get it faster.

I guess maybe all the corollas are coming to california. All the dealers I went to had at least 10-20 on their lot but mostly in black, white, silver and that phantom/moondust metalic color. They don't make as many of the red and blue so those are more rare. Thats why I bought my from the production line...so I would get blue. Of course most of the cars were sold with downs but every other day they get more in.
  • I Saw in 77 Matrix Fog Light Kit by jimmie9 Any more info? I want to add fog lights to my matrix
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    the ones you like are part of the sport package on the S model. The second ones (the ones you don't like) are the stand-alone optional alloys for all models.

They are both the same size.

And no, LE does not come standard with alloys, they have to be optioned in.

You can still get both of the alloys in xcel's links from Toyota.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• laksjlaksj Posts: 19
    I'm looking to replace the steering wheel on my '02 Corolla LE. I originally thought of putting in the steering wheel of same year S version (it looks nicer and is leather-wrapped), but my Toyota dealer told me it wasn't possible (he didn't look like he knew what he was talking about, though!)

The standard steering wheel on my Corolla is sooo boring and I'd like to know what others here may have done to address this problem with their Corollas! Any ideas?
  • fgf001fgf001 Posts: 98
    They are only available in black. You will have to have them painted to match your car. FYI I found them on the internet for half the amount the local dealer wanted and intstalled them myself. If your car has some black accents (which mine does) they look quite nice unpainted.
  • jeproxjeprox Posts: 466
    its best to leave your steering wheel alone coz of the airbag.
    your dealer may be correct when he said S steering wont fit on your car. i could be wrong though.
    if you dont care about the airbag, then you can pick up a nice MOMO steering wheel. they normally cost an arm and a leg though!
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    if you trade out your steering wheel, is there someplace that will buy it? I have heard airbags cost 100's of $$.

Surely the S steering wheel will fit on the same model year cars...

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

yes airbags are big bucks!
    those of you buying used cars that have airbags, make sure you have them!

we've had reports on tv about re-built cars being sold without airbags! they just stuff cloth or something inside to make it feel like you have an airbag! and of course when you're involved in an accident, nothing deploys!

so if you buy a used car, have your airbag checked to make sure its there!
    How would you know if a used car had functioning airbags or not?
    i honestly dont know how to check for it... but as it said on the tv report i watched, it basically said to have the car checked out by someone like AAA.

i assume they would look under your dash and maybe remove the steering - i really dont have a clue.
  • http://www.pontiac.com/pontiacjsp/vibe/access/supercharger.jsp?source=vibema&pagename=vibeacsprv

You can get all of these accessories put on when you buy the vibe new. The supercharger will give the matrix/vibe welcomed low end torque. If anyone puts one on please start a new discussion and share your experience.

Has anyone installed an Injen or AEM cold air intake on an '03 Corolla? I'm curious as to the difficulty of the installation and accessibility of the cone filter to clean, etc.
    look here www.vvti.net
    lots of info for toyota vehicles.
    Thank you, I wasn't aware of that site.
    yeah there are many sites on the internet for corolla or matrix. the vvti.net is pretty good. mostly younger guys and lots of pics there as well.
    i got lots of tips from there and they have a DIY section as well.
  • Has anyone had an automatic car starter installed on the 2003 Matrix, and if so did you have any problems after?
    I'm probably twice as old as anyone on the vvt-i site but the hot rodder's heart never changes...if you've got 400 horsepower you want 450!
    just wanted to share with 03' owners out there...
    if you shave off the "toyota, corolla, CE, LE" on the trunk of your car, it will give you a very nice clean look! :)

i removed mine and except the toyota logo, it looks really nice and clean. also, you don't have to worry about wax and dirt in between those letters! :)
  • How did you do this?

Also, does anyone know how to remove the dealer crap stickers without damaging the paint (very delicate in 2003 I hear)?
    you can use a nylon fishing line or just use your hand/fingers! i just used my hand to slowly pry it off. while prying off the emblem, i used a very thin plastic ruler to slide behind the emblem and cut through the two sided tape.

after the emblem is off, i just used my fingers to rub off the remaining tape. once done, wax it and wow, clean look and no scratches!

to remove the dealer stickers, use a hair dryer. heat up the stickers and use your fingers to peel the stickers off. when done, use wax to remove the remaining tape! done!