Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    Toyo Guard is Undercoating, fabric protection and all that garbage that no one needs and is a $699.00 charge if someone is foolish to purchase it. Toyota loves to add this to most of its cars, hoping that we fools will buy it. If you see it on the sticker, tell the dealership you do not want it, even at invoice price which is around $200.00....You and all the rest of us don't need it.

The dealers want us to purchase a vehicle from what they have on the lot today. But, will let all of us order one with unknown delays in shipping. Told by the Internet salemen that it would take no more than 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. I ordered mine around two months ago and still did not arrive. Canceled the order, got my money back, and tried the Civic, but they wanted MSRP, so I went back to Toyota, and priced another vehicle ( Corolla LE ) without the JBL system, which they stated would be difficult to get, and was the reason for such a delay. I got a written quote on the LE with the above mentioned ABS, Spoiler,etc options on the car, and was told it would be here on the 3rd of Oct. Its the 8th of Oct now, and no vehicle in sight. Told it was being shipped to the wrong dealership and it would take more time to arrive. Told them I will not accept the vehicle if it has more than 20 miles on the OD, period...Still waiting, but its a fair price of $16,723.00 for all the options without the Doc Fee/tax/lic, etc

We are at the mercy of the dealership, I'm afraid, but I can wait, but not too long. Before we know it, the 07 will be coming out. If they delay me, I will demand a lower price for the car and see what happens. You can do the same. Just get up and start to walk out and see how fast they run to make a better deal. Don't be rude, but firm that the price can be lowered. Good luck
  • wabiswabis Member Posts: 9
    i'm sorry friends..that was LE not CE, typed by mistake. sorry for the confusion. i walked out but that's the lowest price 17800 ready to go(drive out) i have compared to other dealers..these dealers are not bending by a $...toyota and honda dealers care a damn..they become so rude even..i'm having bad times with these dealers..in the other hand NISSAN dealers are so friendly...i've an offer for 16K drive out for Nissan Sentra 1.8S 2006 Special Edition Pkg...but interested for Toyota LE or CE...but all dealers are out of stock..and also before they get new lot these are booked ....that's why they care a damn of customers these days...all dealers are looting customers to be honest...i'm depressed..i need a new car but market is bad to buy new Honda or Toyota seriously...getting a better deal on these cars are really tough...any comments?
  • pricematchpricematch Member Posts: 7
    Wabis, I agree with you. But you don't want to pay 17800 for that car. The price is too high. Be patient and we will see the price going down. I hope. :P
  • viva_unixviva_unix Member Posts: 14
    Hello!
    I am buying Toyota CorollaS 2006 5MT. I added next packages:
    CK, VP, CF, AB, FE, BE
    all of that is 16830 + tax + fee.
    The MSRP for this price is 17664. According to edmunds I got a little below TMV, but still want to hear your opinion, specially people from OH.
    thanks.
  • redacrredacr Member Posts: 24
    i got an 06' S manual trans with VP, SP, SR, AB, EV and CK.
    msrp was 17,9xx and i paid 16,500 plus ttl minus 400 college grad rebate.
    Came out to 17,530 otd :P
    doc fee is 45 bux as per ny state law.
    Not sure on your market, but i suggest walkin in and simply making an offer on a car in stock.

good luck.
  • pricematchpricematch Member Posts: 7
    the sale person told me they get holdback only after they sell certain amount of cars. So they don't have hold back for 06 corolla now. Is he lying?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    Yes...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    Got fed up with Toyota....Tried to purchase a 06 Corolla LE, with ABS, Side Airbags, JBL, Rear Spoiler, Dimming Mirrors, Tinting, Moonroof, and Toyota said it would be here in 4 to 6 weeks. Never arrived. Told me it would be impossible, or next to impossible to get what options I wanted, even though it states in the book that you can order these options. Really ? Told them to leave off some options and they told me they will have it here in two weeks. Two weeks pass by, and I get a call, stating its too difficult to get those options ( Only ABS, Spoiler, Dimming Mirror and Tinting ) at this time and it will now take another 5 to 6 weeks, and I was assured that it will arrive....CANCELLED ORDER. Bought a Civic EX Coupe with NAV instead.....Enough said.....By Toyota. Sorry you cannot get the options, though they are offered.

Next time Toyota, do what Honda has done and offer a model, such as the EX with all the options and other models with fewer options...Makes sense to me... :confuse:
  • irina654irina654 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the New England area? I have heard that prices tend to be lower at high-volume dealers--does anyone know of any in New England?
  • irina654irina654 Member Posts: 2
    Cooldoc,
    could you please tell me which dealership you bought from? I also live in CT, and haven't had much luck with the dealers around here.
  • keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    I've had a heck of a time getting my car from toyota too (except I bought a matrix). Ended up calling customer service for toyota and they put me in touch with the southeast regional office. That office got on to the dealership and now the dealership is being a bit more friendly. Why are they so difficult!
    Call the toyota customer service number on www.toyota.com. Tell them you want to speak to someone in the regional office! I got results doing this.
  • beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    Boch in SE Mass and Ira in Danvers, Mass are the two highest volume dealers in New England and usually can go the lowest in terms of price. Email them with the specs of the car you want and have them bid against each other.
  • nfridaynfriday Member Posts: 9
    Hi- I am in the market for a new car. have narrowed it down to a honda civic, toyota corolla and mazda 3. I am having a hard time finding a 5 speed corolla LE in the Chicago area. Anybody else in the Chicago area have a similar problem? I am also interested in anybody from the Chicago area posting good or bad experiences with any toyota dealers. In particular I am looking for information on Grossinger in Lincolnwood. When I look on their site for their current new vehicle inventory, I am told that no new toyota are on the lot at this dealer. I also noticed a few days ago in an ad for their chevy dealership, that they have 10 used cars available for $99. This sounds too suspicious. Thanks, Nancy
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I also noticed a few days ago in an ad for their chevy dealership, that they have 10 used cars available for $99. This sounds too suspicious.

You are, of course, not going to get a used vehicle for $99. If you check the ad carefully, there will be one or more footnotes, like, "assuming $5,000 trade allowance," or "$99 downpayment; $189/month for 60 months." There's no such thing as a (virtually) free car.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rawabrawab Member Posts: 1
    I'm headed out tonite to pick up my new 06 Corolla LE :) Anything in the car that I need to pay special attention to before I drive off the dealership (apart from visual check of the car exterior and interior). thanks!
  • kristykaykristykay Member Posts: 3
    I went to Lynch Toyota (http://www.lynchtoyota.com) in Manchester, CT and here's what I got:

2006 Toyota Corolla LE Automatic with the following options:
    50 State Emissions (FE)
    Front Side Airbags (BE)
    Antilock Brakes (AB)
    Audio Value Package (VV)
    All Weather Guard Package (CK)
    Floor Mats, Carpeted F&R (CF)
    Color: Phantom Gray

The price is $16700 (including delivery charge) + $289 conveyance fee + 6% sales tax + $85/$95 registration (cash/finance). The TMV price is $17039. MSRP is $17958. Invoice is $16225. I feel like I did a decent job negotiating, if only I could've gotten rid of the conveyance fee. One thing worth mentioning is they neglected to mention the VIN etching fee but fortunately, I checked the math and asked why my numbers weren't matching theirs. Since the car hadn't arrived yet, I was able to avoid this fee by asking them to not etch it.

After I finished the deal, I let a couple of other dealers know and they both offered to lower it by $100 (Hartford Toyota Superstore - http://www.hartfordtoyota.com - $289 conveyance fee) and by $200 (Charles Toyota in Norwich, CT - http://www.charlestoyota.com/ - $229 conveyance fee).
  • jenn7878jenn7878 Member Posts: 1
    i picked up my 2006 corrola s paid 16,000 plus tax, title, registration and a paper work fee. (was preprinted on invoice).

is this a good price. it is the basic s no add ons.
  • oomeoooomeoo Member Posts: 2
    i've got an offer of 18.3k OTD for a corolla S '06 with the optional package of EV MR VP. is this a good deal???? any feedback will be appreciated.
  • bottgersbottgers Member Posts: 2,030
    I'm looking for a used Corolla ('98 or newer) with a manual transmission. However, there doesn't seem to be many of these cars out there. The vast majority of these cars are equipped with an auto tranny. Are people really too lazy to shift? I've been searching in autotrader.com, vehix.com, automall.com, autobytel.com, cars.com and others, but I'm not having any luck. I even live near Chicago and I thought because of the heavy population of this area, I would have no problem finding a manual, but so far nothing. Any suggestions?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    They were very few made, but even fewer are for sale, of course! When I ordered my 1999 LE 5 speed, I never got to test one because the dealer had no manuals on the lot! Yes, people are too "busy", lazy, or just "clutch challenged" in my opinion! Keep looking!
  • tokashtokash Member Posts: 12
    Hello all,

I was quoted $16.7k (before TTL, fees, etc) for a 06 Corolla S 5sp Manual with the following options:

VP = Value Pkg#1
    EV = JBL Audio upgrade
    CT = Floor Mats
    MR = Moonroof/side air bags

This sounds reasonable to me. Can anyone confirm that this is fair? Thanks!
  • redacrredacr Member Posts: 24
    are you sure this car is available?
    word is a 5 speed with side bags was a figment...
    btw.i paid 16,5k b4 ttl less college grad rebate of 400 on an s 5 speed with
    sunroof, 6cd, abs, mats, extra value package,sport package
    ....a '00 Echo the other day at a nearby Toyota dealership. The car had 52K miles and was in fair (not good, but just fair) condition. They were asking $5988 for the car and when the sales dude asked if I was interested, I replied by saying I wanted to drive a Corolla with a manual tranny before I made any decisions. He then dropped the price to $4988 and asked if this price would put me in the car. I then went out for closer look to see how this car was equipped. This car was a bare-bones base model and had absolutely no options, not even cruise or air. I'm guessing they've had this car for a while and will probably have it for quite some time more. There probably aren't too many people looking for such optionless vehicles. I'm not a real big option person, but even I have to at least have cruise and air. I asked the guy for his card and told him I'd think about it.

I now have a line on a '99 Corolla LE that's completely optioned out. It has 64.5K miles with an asking price of $6K. I still haven't driven a stick Corolla, but from everything I've read where the Corolla has been compared to the Echo, people have said overwelmingly that the Corolla is a much nicer car. I'm going to look at and drive the Corolla Friday. If this car is as nice as it appears to be, I will probably be its next owner.
    A major news magazine would like to hear from consumers who are thinking about/planning to sell/trade in their SUVs (and similar large gas-guzzling vehicles) for more fuel efficient cars. If you have a story to share with the reporter, please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., the make/model that you are getting out of and which more fuel-efficient vehicle you are now looking for, no later than EOD Thurs., November 10, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I took the plunge and got a new Indigo Pearl (Blue) 06 Corolla "S" 5MT. Here's my story...

I initially sent out an email for a price quote from North County Toyota/Scion in Anaheim, CA. Much to my shock and surprise, I got a realistic price quote the first time around. Here is the exact response I got:

"2006 COROLLA "S" 5 SPEED MANUAL
    MSRP $16902 INTERNET FLEET PRICE $15500 Plus Tax and License.......
    INCLUDES OPTIONS: FE,EV,VP,CT
    We don't play the games that other dealer's might and you'll also notice that we are giving you the straight up front pricing that you are requesting, not the usual you have to come down here to see my prices I won't give it to you up front...
    Buy or lease, the price is the same. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at the numbers below."

The "numbers below" was to their Internet Fleet Sales Manager. I contacted him and set up a time the next day to see what he had in stock. When I arrived at the dealership, there were several salesman standing around at the front. As soon as I got out of my car, one immediately approached me. I let him know I was there to see their Internet Fleet Sales Manager. He pointed me to the lobby area and told me to have the receptionist there page him. I did just that and within a few minutes, I was greeted by him. We went into the lot where he began showing me what they had, which was mostly automatics. He knew I wanted a Manual, though, and was looking for the one they had left in stock. It was a white one, and I let him know that I preferred Blue, my second choice being silver. He nodded and said he'd look up other dealerships to see if any of them had what I wanted and they would do a "dealer swap", where he would trade the white car they had to the other dealer for the car I wanted. I said "cool!". I asked to test drive an automatic anyway (I had test driven the stick already at a couple other dealerships) just to feel the difference. He obliged immediately and we went for a spin around the block and a little bit on the freeway. When we returned, we went back to his desk where he began looking online at other dealership's inventories. I had also told him I was interested in adding ABS and the Moonroof/side airbag options. He nodded and began to peruse the various inventories. Within a minute he found a car at another Toyota dealership with all the specs I wanted except ABS. He then showed me the list of all the cars available that were Manual at all the nearest dealerships and pointed out that none had ABS. He explained that ABS in a Manual typically doesn't ship in that configuration from Toyota; that it usually is a special order request and would take 4-6 weeks. I told him that was fine. If he found a car that had everything else I wanted, I was willing to forgo the ABS. It was late in the evening and he couldn't get the car that night, but said he would call me in the morning to let me know if they were able to do the dealer swap (he also had to make sure the car I wanted wasn't already promised to someone else at the other dealership). The next morning, he called as promised and let me know they were doing the swap and that he would call me back to tell me when the car was ready at the dealership. A few hours later, he called back and let me know the car was there. I went to the dealership after work and I took it for a test drive. I noticed the fuel tank was almost on empty but didn't say anything just to see if they would voluntarily offer to fill it up. Sure enough, once we began the paperwork process, he said he would get the car into the Service Dept. to get it washed and filled up with gas. After signing my life away, he gave me the keys.

I was extremely pleased and satisfied with the service. As promised, the Manager I dealt with didn't beat around the bush with pricing negotiations and I didn't want to either. He was very polite and cordial. I had left out parts in my story where I had called him on his cell phone several times during the day of the delivery to ask him more questions and he was always willing to talk and explain things. What really sold me was his honesty to keep the price of the vehicle even if he had to go outside the dealership to find what I wanted. Of course, I expected a higher price for the additional options I was asking for. The MR option is listed as $1159 invoice / $1400 retail and I got both the MR and Z1 (kind of a CT upgrade) for only an additional $1100. I've been looking around the forums and other online sources for price comparisons and, considering the rarity of the specs I was looking for, I think I got a fair deal. I would recommend this dealership to anyone interested in buying a Toyota or Scion. Or more specifically, ask to talk to their Internet Fleet Sales Manager.

Summary and Specifics:

Dealership: North County Toyota/Scion, Anaheim, CA

Car: 2006 Toyota Corolla "S", 5-speed Manual transmission, Indigo Pearl (Blue)
    Initial Car Price w/options VP, EV, CT, FE: $15,500

I asked for MR and AB as well. Dealer could only find (from another dealership) MR, Z1 (replaces CT) along with options listed above. MR and Z1 added an additional $1100 to make it $16,600. I then added LoJack which was another $650.

Summary:
    Car Price w/options VP, EV, FE, MR, Z1: $16,600
    OTD price w/TTL (7.75% tax), fees + LoJack($650): $18,868.60

Option definitions:
    VP = Value Pkg #1
    EV = 6-disc CD changer/audio upgrade
    FE = 50 state Fuel Emission equipment - I don't know why they even list this as an "option" when it's mandatory in most states and listed as no additional charge.
    MR = Moonroof/Side air bags
    Z1 = Accessory Pkg (replaces CT)
    CT = Front/Rear Floor Mats
    AB = Anti-lock Brakes

Source for package definitions and prices: http://www.intellichoice.com/reports/vehicleReport/vehicle_nmb/18307/section/packages/type- /new/year/2006/make/Toyota/model/Corolla

I hope this helps anyone else looking to buy a Corolla. Good luck and happy car buying...
    I was actually very lucky to be able to buy this car. As scarce as used 5 speed Corollas are, I was having to check on Autotrader.com on a daily basis for new listings within a reasonable distance from me. Wednesday I noticed a new listing in Cincinnati (which is about an hour and 15 minute drive from me). I called and the seller said I was the first to call. I told her I couldn't come to look at the car until Friday and asked if she wanted me to send her a deposit because I wanted to be sure I would have a chance at this car. She said she wouldn't do anything with it until I had a chance to see it.

When I arrived on Friday, she said someone came on Thursday to look at it and he offered her full asking price ($6K). At first I thought this may have just been a ploy to avoid haggling on the price, but after a thorough inspection and a test drive, I figured she may have been telling the truth. This car is in very good condition, and it runs and drives like it's still brand new. It has 64.5K miles, the interior is absolutely perfect, and with the exception of a few minor paint belmishes, the exterior is excellent as well. It's an LE trim level, and as far as I can tell, it's completely optioned out. It has an 8 disc CD changer, keyless entry, power moonroof, and all the other amenities common to the LE. The tires are also in very good shape, and just 6K miles ago she had the brakes redone and the fuel injectors cleaned (she showed me the receipt).

I couldn't drive the car home yesterday because I forgot it was Veteran's Day and the banks were closed so I couldn't withdraw my money to pay for the car. I'm going down to today to pick it up. I called the seller this morning to let her know what time I'd be there and she said her phone has been ringing off the hook from people interested in this car. I guess I didn't realize just how hot of a commodity this car is. People are nuts about it! I was very lucky the seller was nice enough to stick to her word and allow me to have first shot or yet another opportunity would've been missed.

I think this car is well worth the asking price and it should provide me with many years of reliable service.
  • nfridaynfriday Member Posts: 9
    Hi- Actually I rechecked the ad, and all it had was an asterick that said that this did not include taxes, title and plates. It still sounds suspicious. I emailed them through sams club hoping to get a quote on a 2006 Corolla LE 5 speed, and the internet manager left a message on my machine because he wasn't sure if I wanted a stick shift or an automatic. I tried calling him back but he wasn't there, and the next day when I checked my emails, I found a quote from him for a 2006 corolla LE automatic. I then called him and told him that no I wanted a 5 speed, and that maybe he could track one down for me and give me a quote. He said he would look into this, and email me back. This was a week ago and still no email. I have decided to get a honda civic LX, because I could not get the toyota I was looking for, and a mazda dealer was going to do a trade with another dealer for a mazda 3i, and that fell through Thursday, and they don't expect any more mazdas like what I wanted for 6-8 weeks. The civic I won't be able to get until the end of November, but it is exactly like what I am looking for, and I am getting a really good deal. It is only $16,999 for a 2006 LX auto, which includes everything but taxes. This is only $1,000 more than the 5 speed mazda 3i I was going to get. Thanks, Nancy
    .....it looks like Toyota needs to make more Corollas available with manual trannies. It seems if you're looking to buy one (new or used), they're very difficult to find. It doesn't appear to me there's any shortage of people who want this car equipped with a manual.
  • tcatca Member Posts: 2
    I negotiated a price of $15,500 for a new '06 Corolla CE
    (automatic trans.) with All-Weather package and Convenience
    Package (power locks and cruise control). Does that
    sound like a good price for a CE, or more like the price of
    an LE ? Thanks.
  • giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    Is thatincluding the TTL? If not dont buy it. That way overpriced. Second, next time you request for a quote, specifically tell them you dont want any of the "Extra Miles Package" and the "All Weather guard package". You dont need them. If you really needed an option, and prefer a CE, by all means get the Convenience Package.I have a hint for you, for less than $15K + TTL it will get you a Corolla S with auto trans.
  • windycity2windycity2 Member Posts: 17
    I think the price is high.

You won't get a corolla with out all-weather package(atleast in mid west area). Our dealer says it is because of weather in mid-west we need all-weather guard package.
  • tcatca Member Posts: 2
    Hi, thank you very much for your responses.

I know you both think the price of $15,500 for the '06
    Corolla CE with Convenience package and All-Weather
    is a bit high, but that's the exact price Edmunds.com
    tells me is the "True Market Value" for the car--what people
    are paying for the car.
    Isn't Edmunds "True Market Value" a trustworthy indicator, or
    might it be higher than necessary? Thanks again
    True Market Value numbers are the average price that people in your area are paying for the same vehicle. If you're a good negotiator and you're shopping at the right time, you may well be able to do better than average.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    AllWeather Guard Packages includes:

Heavy-duty battery and starter motor,
    Larger windshield-washer reservoir
    Rear heater ducts

Isnt this suppose to be a standard? I never heard of any compact car that has this as an option? Why should Toyota charge us for these features. It should be standard on all the cars that they make. What if I decided to move north? I guess I'll freeze to death in a Corolla.
  • avtechmiaavtechmia Member Posts: 1
    Beware of buying a vehicle from Toyota of Manhattan in NYC. Especially from internet salesperson xxx. He practices deceptive sales tactics and if I may say so an outright LIAR. I live in Fla.and ordered a 2006 LE auto, White/Beige for my 82 yr. old father and 75 yr. old mom. After a two week wait he called to say the car was delivered and we could pick it up the next day. After a $35 cab ride into the city from Queens on a rainy day the car he had for them had the wrong color interior. Stone Gray instead of the beige. He had to know all along from the VIN and the Inquiry report detail fact sheet that this was not the car he promised. He was just betting that he could convince them to take delivery of this car, which is exactly what he did. Then to top it all off he reneges on a promise to install a cargo net that he had said was part of the deal from the beginning saying that we already got too good a price. Called Toyota Customer Experience 800 number to complain but can't do much more than slap him on the wrist and get me the cargo net that my parents already paid for. BUYER BEWARE! Followed "rules of the road" and did not post his name but now all his fellow salespersons are grouped in together with him. So avoid all of them or take your chances.
  • jay32jay32 Member Posts: 3
    The dealer is $1000 higher than the TMV price ($6.7K) and doesn't seem to want to lower it. They claim that they actually are losing money on the sale. Is it time to walk away? It is a 00 Corolla automatic with air, but no ABS and 57K. There is also a large number of tiny paint chips down to the primer. It looks like it was sprayed with sharp very small stones while being drivn but no dents.
  • nlm32004nlm32004 Member Posts: 1
    The best price for corolla LE 06 with abs and side curtain bags in NY city
  • nkmelonnkmelon Member Posts: 1
    I have negoniate a price for
    2006 Toyota Corolla LE auto transmission
    +CK+VV+AB+BE+CF
    MSPR: $17998

I negoniate to
    Price is: $15790 after $400 rebate before tax ect.
    Out of door price is $16810

Do you think this is a good deal or not.
  • nhstevenhsteve Member Posts: 79
    tokash:

Great story, thanks for sharing it. I just bought the same Corolla, same color and options from Hurlbert Toyota in Stratham, NH. However, I did get the AB - antilock brakes.

I was told the invoice price for the car and options (including the AB) is $16971 and paid $200 over.

I paid $17171 for the car plus $169 in fees for a total of $17340.

Summary:
    Car Price w/options VP, EV, FE, MR, AB, CT: $16,971
    OTD price w/ title and admin fees (no sales tax): $17,340

A very quick, painless and positive buying experience from a friendly, knowledgable and helpful saleswoman in a bright cheery new dealership, very near my home.

This is my 4th or 5th Toyota, last one was sold in 1996. I have always loved every Toyota and needed a good commuter car. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

Steve in NH
    Steve,

Glad it helped you. I would have also gladly paid the extra $ for the ABS, but it seems that ABS models are difficult to come by out here in the west and I couldn't wait 4-6 weeks for a custom car. Must be a demographic kind of thing.
    Surprisingly, this was the only model I saw with either ABS or side/curtin air bags. I would have preferred the automatic but the manual will do, much prefer the safety features. Picked it up this afternoon and am happy to be back in a Toyota. My kids love my sports car (lol).

Good luck with yours.
    Steve
  • vabravevabrave Member Posts: 4
    Im trying to help my brother, who is a college student, get a reliable vehicle. I think the lease might be a good fit..low miles, no (limited) maintenance cost, lower payments.

Ive been looking at the Civic, Corolla, pretty much any small car or light pickup. Can anyone tell me where (which vehicle) I am most likely to get the best lease deal on? I realize this is a broad question, but I appreciate any feeback. He is looking at $1000 total out of pocket and $200/month, term length is flexible.
  • kristencakekristencake Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I have been lurking around a couple days and today i went ahead and took the plunge and negotiated a price of $15,525 before taxes and license fees. the dealer showed me his invoice which was $15,484. so i feel ok about this deal. I don't really know about features, but mine comes with the auto value package, has cruise control, mats that came with it, airbags for driver and passenger, and etc. thought i would post this to help some of you out there who are looking to buy, since this was helpful for me. I bought mine from Toyota of Claremont, located in southern california. They were nice there, not all pressure-y or anything, but i was armed with kelly's blue book print out of prices and a consumer report so they knew i wasn't totally clueless.
  • toytrucktoytruck Member Posts: 67
    Just purchased in Central Alantic region
    2006 Corolla LE
    CK--All weather guard
    VV--Audio upgrade
    Carpeted floor mats

$14797 + $198 processing + T&T
  • michaelomichaelo Member Posts: 3
    I went to my local dealer the other day and test drove the 2006 Corolla S. They gave me an offer of 17484. That does not include tax, tags, DOC (what is that? Delivery Charge?). It has a 6cd changer in th dash, Auto, moonroof, ABS, power pkg, ground effects, spoiler. The sticker said 18887 and I said I was a AAA member they offered me 17484.

She also said that because of the way moonroof and the way the S is made I could not get all the airbags I wanted. Is this correct?

Might go to another dealer to see what they offer.

Thanks!
    DOC is document fees. Toyota is good for that. I hate paying $200-300 for document processing (just a way for them to make more money). I usually try to negotiate the cost down some, so that the fee doesn't seem so bad in my out the door price.

You might want to get a second opinion on the airbags question. I recently purchased a toyota matrix with side curtain airbags and a moonroof. I see no reason why they couldn't do the same on the corolla S. I DO KNOW that toyota corollas and matrix with side airbags are hard to come by. I waited six months for my matrix. It is possible that they are trying to make a sale and don't want to wait to make it for a side airbag car to become available. Again, ask around different dealerships first.
    The price is not bad... they are wrong on the side aribags. I just bought mone before Thanksgiving with lots of features including side airbags and ABS... look for my post a few days back in this column for details. I do understand that side airbags are hard to come by in the COrolla. I only found this one and bought it right away, hence the manual tranny.Good luck.

Steve
  • dellgatewaydellgateway Member Posts: 2
    Get a quote from dealer for the 2006 Corolla CE Automatic + power package + floor mats = $14999+Title/TAX. Is it acceptable or still have space to negotiate? Could you please give me some idea? Thanks a lot.
  • tomhankstomhanks Member Posts: 1
    talked with a dealer in Houston, 2006 camry LE, floor mats,$19500(OTD) after all the rebates, 7% Apr. :cry:
    If so, I want to buy a corolla 2006 LE floor mats, Is $15000 OTD posible in Houston? Last year my friend got one at this price. :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.