Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mchipmchip Posts: 6
    Oh Sorry: I forgot to include the 5yr/60000 extended warraty also ($600 per toyota website)
    -mchip.
  • In Columbia SC @ Dick Dyer Toyota. Excellent service. White LE with sunroof, side airbags, 6 cd am/fm, cruise and anti lock brakes. I paid $16500 + $339 (tags and tax) and a $99 as processing fee. Financed @ 0% for 36 mos. Much below TMV price. Everybody is happy :)
  • Well, he also threw in the floor mats, fabric protection and the free oil change coupons and have me promise an excellent customer review.
    :Shekhar
  • Hello Kristie,
    I would love to buy (toyota corolla le 2005) for that price, even without floor mats or security system. How do I do that?
  • Your best advice is coming from other members - once you know the car CAN be purchased for that price, there's no need to pay any more. Visit our buying tips section first, then get invoice pricing and True Market Value pricing for the Toyota Corolla by clicking on my link.

Pricing varies from region to region, city to city, so you'll want to make sure you're getting the data for your area by entering your ZIP code.

If you tell us where you live now, some of our members may have dealership tips for you.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• The only thing I have to say to that is when there's only a few dealers in your local area you pretty much pay w/e they want you too..competition is a good thing, small town dealers run the market. :P
  • 3c33c3 Posts: 74
    Here in the northern California, carsdirect.com price is $100 over invoice, and I have received a quote for about $100 under invoice. Both before the current $500 rebate. Holdback for Toyota is 2% of base MSRP, or a little over $300.
  • I got away with about 500 ovr. invoice...not too bad i guess, just got to deal with the market you're in.
  • Just bought a 2005 Corolla LE(automatic) for $13944+tax+tag after $900 rebate. Options included:

-VV Audio value package
    -CF Carpet floor mats
    -CK All weather guard package
    -C1 Trunk mat

Is it a good deal? I am pretty happy with the price though. The sales person was very patient, not pushy at all. It is very helpful to use edmunds to get some internet quotes and bring the lowest price you get to start negotiating.
  • ghuletghulet Posts: 2,628
    That price seems pretty aggressive. That was without a trade-in?
    The invoice price for your configuration is $15,342. Minus $900 rebate = $14,442. $13,944 is about $500 under. Is documentation fee included in that price? If not, how much is it?
  • Final price is $13944 + $976(7%)tax + $165 = $15,086. No trade-in. 4.1% APR financing for 60 months. Maybe a little bit high, but fine with me.
    Not high at all. I think that's extremely good price. Maybe financing helps with the price a bit because the dealer gets something for it. Congratulations!
    Has anyone bought a 2005 Corolla recently in the S.F. Bay Area? If so, could you please post your purchase price (before tax/reg/rebate) and invoice/MSRP price? I'd like to get an idea how much under invoice I should shoot for. Thanks.

Compared to Honda, Toyota is much harder to shop for because of all the different options. Even the rear heating duct is an option that many Corollas don't have!
  • I bought my Corolla LE on last Saturday. Price $16,470 before tax or anything else. Options are JBL CD Changer, Weather, Cruise/Auto, ABS. This is in NJ.
  • mchipmchip Posts: 6
    Hi:
    I finally paid this price for my 2005 Corolla LE Auto.
    Alloy wheels
    Audio Value pkg
    V5 Security System
    Mats, Trunk mats,
    All weather guard pkg
    5yr/60,000 mile extended warranty
    Price: 14914(Invoice)+ 1048(Tax+otherfees)=$15962 (Out of the door)
    This includes $500+$400(college grad) rebates.
    Do you guys feel is this a good price?
    Thanks.
    "Invoice price" generally means manufacturer's invoice price, not the price you paid. The invoice price for your configuration (not including extended warranty) minus $900 rebate is approximately the price you paid $14,914. I don't know how much the extended warranty is worth, but you paid that much less than the effective invoice price.
    Just bought the car yesterday in Hayward, CA.

2005 Toyota Corolla LE (6 miles) with:
    automatic transmission
    AW - alloy wheels
    VV - audio value pkg (6-CD changer and cruise control)
    BE - side/curtain airbags
    AB - antilock brakes
    CF - floor mats

MSRP: $17,953
    invoice: $16,457 - $500 rebate = $15,957 effective invoice
    my price: $15,500 + tax/reg/doc
    doc/tire fees: $50

Toyota's holdback is 2%, so my price is less than invoice - holdback. However, I think I still paid too much because the dealer just accepted my offer through email.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    You got a great price, you're probably over-thinking. Most dealers prefer to accept offers via email if they are reasonable, as most people who choose to email an offer are probably less likely to tolerate dealer antics, and are more likely to have done quality internet research. Relax and be happy.

~alpha
  • Hi,unlimits:
    I just find $400 student rebate for corolla. how come you get $900 rebate?

and can you tell the name of the dealer?
This discussion has been closed.