Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi Recently bought a 05 LE white with sun roof/moon roof, Alloy wheel, 6 Cd changer, cruise control, mats and cargo net for 14400 without tax and fees. I could ger CE 06 with AT and A/C for 13100 without tax and fees , but decided to buy other as it has more feature just for 1300 more. I think it was great deal???
  • sr45sr45 Posts: 144
    Wish I were in college and not an older person to get the price break....What am I saying...Don't ever want to be that young again. Too many mistakes made ;)
  • Lotus,

You didn't mention your interest rate, but I am guessing about 6.75% to have a payment like that per month. Not too bad depending on your credit but there are incentives out there if you qualify (2.9%-4.9% depending on loan term). Also, 72 months for the loan seems too long, I have only heard of 24-60 months.

I got the LE model for about $14,800 just over what you are paying for the CE (which is a lower model).

Figure out what your invoice price is on the car you paid (also find invoice price of the options you mention (remember 1-disc CD player is not a bonus as they are standard in all the Corollas)... if you paid near invoice then great.

Also, never negotiate your car price based on monthly payment, as there are many ways they can throw in fees and still make your mo. payment be low (by increasing the loan term which it looks like they did)....
  • How good is mine deal?? -- LE 05 white, with JBL 6 CD changer and 6 speakers, Cruise control, Aluminium Wheel, power tilt/slide monnroof with inner mirror, carpet floor mat and cargo net - all for 14400 including destination and excluding TAX and fees. I also got 2.9 APR for 36 month. MSRP of this car is 18174 and Invoice was around 16500.
    I thought the JBL system would have 8 speakers not 6 as is my new 06 model. Just a question. How does it sound ? Have not recieved my car yet, and interested... Thanks
  • priyadarshi,

Where are you getting this deal ? I am just starting looking for corolla's in DFW area. I am afraid the dealers here are not discounting corolla's this much.
  • That deal is bogus. There is no way a new Corolla will sell for $2,000 less than invoice. It just won't happen. Carmax can only do a couple of hundred below invoice and they are usually the cheapest by far.

This is either the quote for a demo/test drive model or he's just making it up.
  • The JBL Audio upgrade is a 6-disc CD-player with 8 speakers
    The Value Audio upgrade is a 6-disc CD-player with 6 speakers

They differ in price, my '06 LE has the Value Audio Upgrade and I think it sounds just great.
  • This is 05 LE, and the car sticker says " JBL 6 CD changer with 6 speakers". 06 LE might hane 8 speakers but I donot have any idea. Any how the sound of my car is great! better than music system at my home.
  • This deal is not bogus. This is brand new carolla, not a floor model. I actuallt went to buy a 06 Corolla CE and about to get in 13100, but than I saw this car and liked it better. I was able to bargain to 14,400. I even bought my 05 Cienna CE for 19600 including destination and excluding tax and fees, that is about 1900 below invoice(include 1000 cash rebate from factory).
  • I bought this car in California, ventura county region.
    Thanks,
  • Yes, there is a "JBL Audio Package" and "Value Audio Package" for the upgrades on the Corolla.

Both of these packages includes a JBL 6-disc CD player but the difference between the two packages is the 6 and 8 speakers... as I mentioned before. Someone made a comment that they got the JBL upgrade but it only came with 6 speakers or something... well that is called the "Value Audio" upgrade, not the "JBL Audio" upgrade.
    The JBL audio upgrade is $531.00 invoice with 8 speakers, over the normal 6 speaker audio upgrade, but does not mention the JBL name, and going for $180.00 over the $531.00 for JBL. Confused yet ? :confuse:
  • I'm looking for a 06 Corolla LE auto with Audio value package (VV), All weather guard (CK) and carpet mat.

When comparring the price online, Edmunds gives me $15,327 (destination fee included). But Carsdirect shows a higher invoice of $15,658. MSRP on both sites are the same, $16913. Why is there $331 difference between two? When you guys said you're buying XXX below or above invoice, which one did you refer to?

Thanks
    NADA and Edmunds and the Consumer Reports vehicle print out all have different Invoice prices on the same Corolla LE, and cannot figure for a moment why they are different. Two of the reports have the same MSRP, but one ( Consumer Reports ) is slightly different... Cannot figure out why either. Maybe some are referring to the Invoice that was provided by the Dealership. Thats the one I want to look at and have my copies as well, when the vehicle arrives from Japan.
    Update to my ordered 06 Corolla LE with spoiler, JBL sound system, ABS, mats, splashguard, auto dimming mirrors....I ordered over a month ago, and was told it would be here within 4 to 6 weeks. That has now past, and have been told it may take a couple of more months, not sure. They say its difficult to get the ABS, and JBL on a vehicle from the factory... Ya, right.... I think they just want me to purchase from whats on the lot...

Anyone else have this order delay, buy whats on the lot gimmick ?
  • I can actually see this happening around here too. For some reason, the 8 speaker JBL isn't immediately available around here because it's not part of any of the set option packages yet. Add on ABS and you're talking even more rare. Just try and ask for the front and back airbags and watch them laugh.
  • Just got it for $15,078 + (tax, tag, and $99 processing fee) from Carmax at Laurel, Maryland.
  • What options did you get?
  • I'm looking to buy a corolla S type 2006 and none of the dealers in the TIDEWATER area in virginia carry a 6 CD CHANGER...why is that? do i have to ask for the UPGRADE ??? :confuse:
  • Today I visited 2 dealers for Toyota Corolla LE 2006 auto sedan silver streak color with audio value package, all weather package, ABS and side air bag options. Both of them quoted price $16556.00 and wouldn't go a dollar below that. What do you think of this price? Will I have better luck with another dealer? Neither of them have it in stock but they say they can get it in 2 weeks.

Strangely with the above options carsdirect.com shows invoice price of $16556.00 where as edmunds.com shows it as $16171.00. Not sure whom to believe?
  • Hey windy,
    I just purchased one in San Antonio (Red McCombs Toyota) pretty similar to what you are looking for. It is:

06 Corolla LE, automatic, ABS, side airbags, audio value, and floor/truck mat set. MSRP was 17992, I paid 16300 after a college grad rebate. carsdirect doesn't show an invoice, it shows a "target price", which is their estimate of the actual going rate of the car. My target was 16626, so with the rebate I did a little better. The actual invoice (which edmunds, carsdirect, kbb, and nada all got wrong) was 16247, which I deduced from info from all the sites and the dealer.

Did you try telling one dealer that the other quoted you the same? When I did that they dropped the price to beat the other dealer.

Oh, and none of the 4 dealers I called had anything remotely like what what I wanted in stock or on the way. The dealer I ended up buying from did some kind of dealer trade to get this particular car faster.
  • Can you tell us the name of the dealer & the city in the Ventura county area where you got the deal you mentioned recently?

It sounds like a GREAT deal, and I'll be traveling to that area soon--it would be worth it for me to go to that dealer...

thanks for your help!
    Today I visited 2 dealers for Toyota Corolla LE 2006 auto sedan silver streak color with audio value package, all weather package, ABS and side air bag options. Both of them quoted price $16556.00 and wouldn't go a dollar below that. What do you think of this price?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    My first quote with the LE 06 without airbags, but with ABS, Audio Package, Rear Spoiler, Splashguards, Mats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, and Tinting was priced at $ 16,723.00 before tax, lic, and Doc fee. This is in Florida. What else did you get with it ?
  • gpoogpoo Posts: 1
    I too am about to order an 06 Corolla LE, manual, side airbags, ABS, audio value package (to get cruise control), and weather guard package (for the allegedly heavy duty heater).
    One dealer says he'll have to order the car and would ask a $500 down payment.
    Is it customary to make such a down payment when ordering a car?
    Of course, I'd read the fine print to make sure I get the payment back if they don't come through with what I want -- no more, no less.
    I to paid up front this $ 500 bucks to order a vehicle which is fully refundable. Just make sure it is stated on some paper work. I canceled my order, and got the refund, than later gave it back for another vehicle, since the Civic's were too high.
  • Garcia,

I don't quite get the question.... but the 6-cd changer is an upgrade... normally the corolla's come standard with a 1-disc player. You can either get the 6-speaker upgrade (called "Value Audio Upgrade") or 8-speakers ("JBL Audio Upgrade")

They probably only carry the 6-disc player because they figure people will want them, just it's more money in their pocket, since they make a little on ALL upgrades (invoice vs. msrp) that people do.
  • Another thing: The price diffrence between Corolla LE with above options and Camry LE with side air bag option is close to $2000.00 but it is a bigger and much comfortable car.

I am having hardtime justifying a Corolla purchase just for mileage(when we can get Camry for another $2000.00 extra(which in my view is not a big diffrence when you compare with total price)
  • Hey all,

I'm more of a lurker rather than a poster. However, I'd like to say that everyone in the central FL region should consider checking up on the Toyota dealership in Gainesville. They initially start off with very high prices, but with persistence they come down quite a bit. It's tedious but the sales personnel aren't jerks to work with like in other joints. I see some good deals here, and since I'm considering purchasing an 05 or 06 myself, I'm glad to see what the pricings typically tend to be.

That being said, about a year and a half ago I negotiated (for my ex gf, argh) an 04 Corolla S, with abs, cruise control, power everything, keyless entry, auto, for 16k out the door. THis was at Gatorland Toyota in Gville. Now I've dealt with a bunch of dealerships, and I've got to say that although there were slightly better deals elsewhere and the sales reps were very pleasant to work with.

BAD experiences with the dealership off of 19 in clearwater, the one on Fletcher in Tampa, and the one in Brandon.

What would a Corolla with the same options cost today? Anybody know?

thanks!
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    I was asked to put down $750 for when I special ordered my '99 LE 5 speed, because they said they would never be able to sell it if I backed out because it was a stick.
This discussion has been closed.