Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Wow, now I see you have a reason to hate civics. Civic looks very cheap to me. I just wondering how they can hold value so well? I ask dealler about used civic 1-2 years old. He said it's going to be cheaper to get a new one than buy used and he showed me the price list. They want 13.9K for 2000 LX. How they do that?
    Tomorrow I'm going to dealership to order my Corolla LE. Dealler said they can get any color now. Seems like production is picking up. But ABS is still impossible to get in Texas. Wish you will enjoy your Corolla for a long time.
  • I too can understand why you are not a Civic fan - I drove a '86 Civic hatchback for almost 15 yrs and it did not have any major problems - before that I had a 1980 Toyota Corolla hatchback - after selling my Civic last year I purchased a new '01 Corolla LE and I love it - no problems or recalls or anything to complain about - hope you enjoy your Corolla for a long time -
  • footiefootie Posts: 636
    Hi, Nikolaikin

There are two LE's with Automatic and ABS sitting in invenotry at Seeger Toyota in St. Louis.

Try www.buildatoyota.com to get out of buying a Toyota in Texas from Gulf States Toyota's distribution organization.

It's only 950 miles and by the time you got home, it'd be all broke in and ready to go!

Good luck!
  • Just got my corolla LE today. Paid $15500 without taxes and fees. As I know paid $300 over invoice. Unfortunately, invoice here in Texas bigger than Edmund's. I was shopping for about a month and before could not find anything cheaper than $15.9. Did not get ABS, but it's OK.
    Thanks to everyone and good luck.
  • Absoulute Red XRS
    CD w Changer
    Carpet & Cargo mat
    18 in TRD 5 spoke wheels w Good year Tires
    $21682
    This has been the best I could find so far in Oklahoma. I think their about $1000 high but they won't budge.
    Any Thoughts?
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    OK, OK, I didn't bargain much here, so all of you out there can have a hoot and a holler at the price I paid!

$19,040 for Matrix XR automatic with:

sport package

sport upgrade package

cargo mat, floor mats, and rear bumper rubber thingy

lunar mist metallic

Toyota VIP alarm

(it has cruise and moonroof and fog lamps and alloy wheels, I think all that stuff was part of one of those two packages above)

So far, I discovered it does not have retained-power windows for after key is shut off, even though Toyota website says it does. Also, the twilight sensor is a joke, being hidden in the shadow of the A-pillar as it is, so I just leave the lights on all the time, so that they do not flick on and off - I was told by service rep that if it is disconnected, lights will not work any more. Only other issue: RH front door rattles like a can of loose bolts over rough pavement, they were unable to fix this, maybe I will have to pursue this further.

Apart from that, love driving it - easy to drive, I am getting 33 mpg in mixed city driving, A/C is much better than my last car, stereo is good if a little quirky, and I am sitting high enough to see down the road several cars ahead, which I like A LOT. Love the looks too! I am getting lots of comments and compliments from people.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Here is how much I paid.
    Matrix XR Super White auto for $17,600
    I think I got a great deal! You just need to shop around. I talk and visted over 10 dealers before I got this. The difference can be about 1 to 2 thousands. Another suggestion is that, wait for Friday newspaper. Some dealers have advertise some Matrix as their "loss leader". I saw one XRS for $18K. They are selling a loss to attract more customers. :) Hunt for those deals!!

I have everything sport package, floor mat, power package! Everything except moon roof!
  • I go to pick my daughter's Corolla tomorrow. Basic CE model with Deluxe CD/Cass and mats. The price $14,211 plus tax (3% in NC), tag and $94.50 doc fee at Toyota of Henderson, NC. I've seen better prices in Town Hall, but this wasn't an ad car and it has that Southeast Toyota Administration fee of $525 (requested in NC, SC, FL, GA, AL maybe more). I would have held out longer but I daughter needed a car and this is the one she wanted. You also need to watch out for those dealers that tack on a $300 doc fee, go to a small dealer, they're usually less.
  • I got my Corolla LE on 9/2/02 for $15,125. I refuse to pay freight charges of approx. $500.00 and got the floor mats for free. They initially quoted the car at 15.5. I decided to walk away from the deal at the last minute and they brought the price down.

The best time to go is at the end of the month because they have a quota to fill. I think I got a good deal because they were closing for their previous month and it was labor day. At the time I got my car, Edmund's TMV was 15.2+, it's dropped a little since then.

The only problem I'm currently having is that the steering seems stiff. It's not that it's impossible to drive. It's just that it's not as soft as it was when I drove it off the lot. I took it back to the dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about. Has anyone experienced this with their corolla?
  • I test drove a Corolla CE and my first impression of the steering was that it was a little stiff. I mentioned to the salesguy and he said that it was not unusual for a compact sedan. Anybody else know about the Corolla steering?
    Also, Does anybody know if there are still new Corolla CE 2002's in stock in LA?
    Thanks!
  • WARNING
    My wife has a 2000 toyota celica GT. The car initially had a soft steering wheel but after a while it seemed to get stiffer also. The last year, it has been making a squeaky noise when turning. It seems to be coming from the steering wheel column Numerous toyota dealers have looked and found nothing wrong. I believe that the corolla and celica have similar columns. The steering wheels look identical. I would not be surprised if this is a issue that will end up becoming a recall later.

I was looking at the corolla but seem to be leaning more towards the civic. The corolla seems to have some issues. The corolla also has a recall I think do to some firestone tire issues.
    has tire recall for certain cars with the Firestone tires - they have a place at toyota.com where you can plug in your VIN to see if your car is affected - there are only a very small number of CE's that are.

RAV, Camry, celica, corolla, matrix...all have the same steering wheel - they way the wheel looks does not indicate that the column is the same. If I were you, though, I would not accept a squeaky wheel - I would pester the dealer until they fixed it.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,810
    It reads: Toyota Matrix drivers, are you out there? If you are interested in sharing your thoughts on your vehicle with a national audience, please contact the reporter of a MAJOR daily at lori_f@eudoramail.com with your name, daytime contact information, line of work and city/state of residence by October 14, 2002.

Thank you!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I am shopping for a base Model Matrix with auto trans in the Sacramento, CA area. Invoice with destination is 15,955. What would be a reasonable price to pay for this car?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    First, go to www.toyota.com and bring up the vehicle. Use the "Build Your Own" feature to make sure the car is available the way you want it.

Try for $300 over invoice, there are dealers in Cal who will do that.
  • bsum70bsum70 Posts: 37
    Just got my Matrix XRS: 6 speed, sunroof, weather package, floor mats, trunk mat, cd changer, rear bumper guard. Paid $20000 plus trade in my 1992 Civic SI (200k miles, both fenders bended) TTL is $1358.....
  • footiefootie Posts: 636
    Hi bsum70

Your XRS sounds very well equipped. Is the 20,000 the MSRP? An XRS like that here in Boston MSRP's around $20,345 for the same configuration as yours.

Was the TTL included in the 20K or additional?

Thanks
  • Saw one we liked with everything except the roofrack and CD Changer - had single CD and Cass.
    Calculated the Invoice prices. Edmunds didn't have all the options listed, at least, I couldn't find them. Went to Yahoo Autos to get the prices for the options. Invoice with options came up to $18378. Offered 3% over. He actually came back with something less but had a $388 "Fees and Services" added. Out The Door came to $20390. We let him sweat for a week (ha ha) meanwhile we checked other dealers. Two commented that they didn't know how the first dealer could offer such a low price with those options so we closed the deal - and had the cargo mat thrown in together with a set of clear plastic mats for inside.

This Matrix even has SIDE airbags for driver and passenger, full security, Toyoguard package, 16" Alloy wheels. The only things not on it as far as I can tell are the roofrack and cd changer (oh, no window tint).

How did we do?
    you must be in the South? Toyoguard package sounds like southeastern states Toyota.

Mine was a few 100 $$ less, but does not have side airbags. It has carpeted mats tho.

• Yep, the Tampa, FL area. You don't have that "get more profit" package where you are?
    BTW, does your cruise forget the setting after about 2 or 3 minutes from tapping the brake then trying to resume? Let me know over in "Problems & Solutions".
This discussion has been closed.