Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• leffleff Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2005 Corolla LE at Bernardi Toyota. Had a very good experience at this dealer. They mathced a very low price given to me by another Boston-area delaer. Would recommened them to anyone.
  • sls78934sls78934 Member Posts: 8
    2005 Corolla LE
    JBL AM/FM with 6 in dash changer and cruise control, mud guards, Permavin etch, extra mile aluminum wheel upgrade including wheel locks, tint, mat set.

15900 including the 500.00 rebate before TTL.

Internet deal, no haggle, great experience- Fred Hass Toyota.

Bought a Sienna two months before using the traditional car buying with the pushy finance guy and sales manager - horrible experience- Don McGill Toyota
  • voisvois Member Posts: 6
    *02 August 2004* (Midwest)
    2005 Corolla LE $15,364 + tax
    plus $98 processing fee

All Weather Guard Package
    JBL Value Package (cruise, 6-cd changer JBL)
    Preferred Accessory Package (trunk mat, carpet mat, cargo net)

MSRP $16,979
    also opted for 6 year/75000 mechanical warranty
    for $645

$1000 down
    financed remainder (including warranty extension) at 3.9% for 60 months

Net cost:
    15,364 vehicle purchase price
        98 docs surcharge
       645 warranty
      1571 interest over 60 mos.
    -------
    17,678 total actual vehicle cost
    *02 August 2004* (Midwest)
    2005 Corolla LE automatic 4AT $15,364 + tax
    plus $98 processing fee

All Weather Guard Package
    JBL Value Package (cruise, 6-cd changer JBL)
    Preferred Accessory Package (trunk mat, carpet mat, cargo net)

MSRP $16,979
    also opted for 6 year/75000 mechanical breakdown warranty (this is not a 'wear and tear' product)
    for $645

$1000 down
    financed remainder (including warranty extension) at 3.9% for 60 months

Net cost:
    15,364 vehicle purchase price
        98 docs surcharge
       645 warranty
      1571 interest over 60 mos.
    -------
    17,678 total actual vehicle cost
  • leffleff Member Posts: 6
    Here's the specifics:

2005 Corolla LE with
    -Automatic Transmission
    -Extra Value package
    -All Weather Guard package
    -Floor mats

$14700 + $159 + Tax + registration
  • diogodiogo Member Posts: 6
    I was just quoted an out the door price of 16,950.23 for a 2005 corolla le with the jbl audio package and abs brakes. The price is 15800 + 489 (doc fee) + tax and tag. Is this good? It is bellow tmv value for my area, bu still above carsdirect.com price.
  • lizservolizservo Member Posts: 5
    A $489 doc fee!? That seems WAY excessive! The highest I saw in my area (Boston), and I thought it was too high, was $198. What are you "getting" for almost $500?
    I highly suspect that had you shopped at that dealership on Monday (instead of Tuesday, which was the first date of the $500 rebate) your 'documentation fees' would have been less than $100. In all the dealerships I priced for both the Corolla and the Civic, I never saw higher than $99. AIG reports that the average actual cost to a dealer to process your state paperwork and financing is about $47. You did good on the purchase price (15800) of a 2005 Corolla LE with the extra value package and ABS brakes. But I would tell them to stuff the docs fee or go to another dealer who will give you the same purchase price for less than $100 in documentation fees.
  • diogodiogo Member Posts: 6
    I have been looking at both Civics and Corollas (civic have better prices and financing, but corollas have the ABS option), and in all 9 dealerships I contacted (6 honda, 3 toyota) I have not found a doc fee of less than 400... I have gotten dealerships to lower the price and include the destination fee in the prices, but so far no deal on the doc fees. If they keep reducing the prices, then I won't mind the fee...
    Maybe it has something to do with being in Atlanta and the county that I live in...
  • wayway Member Posts: 4
    I am planing on buying a corolla LE. Around Long island/NY area, has anyone some recent experience in buying one like this? What would be a reasonable price for it?
    Appreciate your sharing.
  • opalopeopalope Member Posts: 9
    hi i just got a 2005 corolla ce automatic for 13500 out the door,with 2.9 apr.i also got a security system and extended warrenty which brought it to 15500.is that a good deal i was iffy about taking back the warrenty so itll be back at 1400.so did i get a good deal?did you guys opt for security and extented warrenty or did the guy try to rip me off?comments are welcome thanks guys
    man im so bad at posting on these boards all my post before have been on the wrong boards but i think i got it right this time..well let me just start over hello everyone my name is opie and i am an owner of a new 2005 corrolla ce automatic. i just bought the car this weekend and i really like it ,i had a 89 civic before with a bad tranny so a bicycle would have been better than what i got.so anyways after deciding that i wanted a corrolla over elantra(reliability vs gadgets) i stayed up till 6 am to get the special ad car.it was about 13500 after taxes but then i ended getting a bunch of the optional stuff that i now regret getting which included the security systerm
    and warrenty and coat paint thing.me and my mom put down 3000 and with out all that stuff monthly payments would have been 206 but it ended upbeing 243,with a 2.9 so my question is are those things really neccesary ?is there anyway i could get them to take the alarm and etch stuff back ?my friend said that the teflon coat is a good thing but what do you guys think?and also i can take back the extended warrenty (orginials 30,000 ext is 1,600 for 100,00 mils) but the monthly payments wont change just the term will be shorter by 7 months.i really love the car but after finding out how much i really spent compared to how much i set out to spend realy bothers me.its my first time buying a car so spending that kinda money scared the poop outta me plus im still in college with a year or two to go.i feel silly about not workin out the numbers better and not being in tip top shape the day of negotiations but i just want to see what i can do now. thanks for reading this rant id really appreciate if someone could throw some advice my way.thad be super cool.thanks in advance.
  • sandhusandhu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have put $500 deposit on a used toyotaCorolla LE 2004 model bought that for 13,000 which has 9000 mileage.
    Is this a good price?

Also the owner still has the loan but willing to pay off and give us the title and we are paying hotcash.
    So how this works do we need to register in DMV and get the plates and insurance and then only allowed to drive the car or can we simply bring the car and then register it. bcose of this i was not able to get the car immediately.
    How the insurance works? do we need the title to take the insurance.
    help me
    please.
  • shekharshekhar Member Posts: 23
    Dick Dyer Toyota quoted:
    $ 16,279 for 05' LE with ABS, Side Airbags & JBL Audio.
    There will be $300 in tax +$117 Processing fee including the tags. Total comes to $16,696.

Toyota Center Inc. in Columbia quoted $16788 for the car and 339 for Tax and Tags ($17,127 out of the door).

On this forum I see many have paid much less for similar vehicles. Either I lack negotiation skills or South Carolina is THE ARMPIT (or both!). How do I buy a new car over internet? Will the out of state dealer be interested in selling me a car?

Disapointed in SC
    i called the dealer today and they were gonna see what they could do...i think they said they could switch it to like low ajck or somthing but that costs more.hopefully theyll be cool about it.but if anyone has anything advice that would help me out id be great.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    $16,696 out the door including tax, title, and license isnt bad at all. Dont be too hard on yourself, if you can afford that price, and like the car, then take it and enjoy driving it. Sometimes an extra $100 or $200 arent worth the significant amount of extra haggling that youd have to do.

~alpha
  • shekharshekhar Member Posts: 23
    Sorry alpha01,
    I misquoted The price by Dick Dyer in Columbia. It is 16696 + Tax & Tags & paperwork, so the total comes to:
     "$17113 out of the door"
    This includes a dubious fee for $535 for Southeast Toyota Dealership, as it is SE Toyota who owns the franchise in FL, GA, SC, NC, AL.

Disappointed in SC
  • sirmacksirmack Member Posts: 2
    Gee guys, for the price ya'll are paying, you could get a BRAND NEW 2004 Toyota Camry LE, or for a little more, a 2005 Toyota Camry LE.

I helped 2 friends score an 05 Camry LE Automatic for $17,000 + Fees + Tax + Tag + Title = around $18,400.00 OUT THE DOOR.

just a FYI
  • bobotheclownbobotheclown Member Posts: 53
    I just helped my mom buy a 05 Corolla LE
    Options
    -VJ (JBL value package)
    -CT (floor/truck mats)

Paid: Price (14988)+ Doc fee(45)+ Tax (1165.06) + Title/License(158) - rebate (500) = $15,856.06 OTD

Test drove the car at a dealership and send out a bunch of emails for quotes. The dealership I ended going to, quoted the best OTD price and was very polite.
  • minnieminnie Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    I paid $14995+tax+dmv cost It all can to $16667
    I also bought the extra warranty 6 years 100,000 miles for $900 so it all came down to $17567 I brougt the '05 corolla LE and
    I live in New York.
    I wish I saw your message earlier. But I bought my corrola LE 2005 (no ABS and side airbag)yesterday at NY. I paid $15100+tax+dmv cost.

Anyway, hope it is helpful to others.
    I also got it with no ABS brakes and side air bags where did you get yours what part of New York? How much is your fiance charge? I got 3.9% Apr for 60 months.
    Long island. I got 1.9 for 36 months. That's standard from toyota.
  • ssandalassandala Member Posts: 5
    which dealership did you go to?
    I went to North County Toyota in Anaheim, CA
  • bikeman3bikeman3 Member Posts: 85
    Why do you folks buy a vehicle with out ABS, In 2004 this should be standard equipment, These dealers have to wake up to the fact that a car, any car without ABS is substandard. I suggest all dealers order this on every car on their lot and explain to the customer why ABS is one of the significant upgrades in the last 15 years.
    Simple, my mom wanted a corolla (which doesn't with come stock ABS) and didn't want to pay extra for it.
    no car comes with ABS brakes Standard. Anyway I didn't want ABS brakes my father has them on his ford taurus and it gives him alot of problems .
    Actually a decent number of cars come with standard anti-lock breaks; like the scions and camry le to name a few.
  • roman1roman1 Member Posts: 12
    Hey guys,

First I'm happy to join the chat here, I found plenty of good information. I'm about 3 weeks away before my on my current car expires, and looking to buy a Corrola LE 2005. Does anyone know informative pricing for the San Diego area?
    I would like to know pricing for:
    * Corrola LE 2005 (Silver would be ok)
    * ABS
    * Side airbags
    * CD
    * Also TAX+TAGS+License etc

Thanks
    I will make sure I reply with my pricing once I purchased my car.
  • patriot1patriot1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

What did you pay for that car?
    Has anyone in the NY area recently purchased a 2005 Corolla LE automatic with ABS and side curtain airbags?
  • appy1appy1 Member Posts: 4
    does it have cruise control?
    YES
  • tellandtelland Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2005 corolla LE with VV Audio Value Package(Includes cruise control, AM/FM stereo and 6-disc in-dash CD player with 6 speakers) @ $13466. However I was offered %5.5 apr even my credit score is 765. Will pay off in 3 months.

internet price, 355 TOYOTA Maryland
    Did it have ABS and Side curtain airbags?
  • macedonmacedon Member Posts: 27
    I am shopping for a 2005 Corolla LE Automatic with ABS and mats. (floor & trunk). Please help me know if this is a good price. I see some posts stating getting under $15k.

Thanks to Edmunds, I knew the first dealer was trying to take me big time! I am a member of some of those large warehouse buying clubs. The salesperson the 'club' told me to contact stated that the cost of the car would be only $300 over invoice (membership benefits). Okay, but supposedly all models with ABS come from the factory with side airbags. And told me invoice was over $16k. (Even with side airbags, the invoice should have been much lower).

Complained to Costco and got the name of another Toyota Dealer 'specific salesperson's name'to contact tomorrow.

carsdirect gave me a quote of $15643. I thought this was very good until I see some postings getting their cars under $15k. I know there are different models and that CE will be much less.

According to Edmunds, TMV is $15,621 with Invoice of $15,101.

Is there anyone on Long Island that got an excellent deal. And do others think the carsdirect is pretty good. (Got first local quote 2004 Honda Civic LX $13,994 and 2005 LX $15,399 and 2004 or 2005 EX $15,954, can't remember know and notes not clear). Would you go Honda or Corolla?

I think Toyota is more durable. Currently have 1990 Celica ST with 224,3XX niles and it was absolutely trouble free (no major problems) but I feel some coming on as it has been annoying me for 3 months now (clutch-wise).
  • tellandtelland Member Posts: 2
    No it doesn't have ABS and Side curtain airbags.
  • notmycarnotmycar Member Posts: 2
    What dealer that you bought the car? I got a price quote $15324 from Bernardi Toyota in Framingham, MA for
    2005 Corolla LE with
    -Automatic Transmission
    -ABS
    -CK All weather guard pkg
    -VV Audio value pkg
    -CF Carpeted floor mats

I offerred $15000 for the above with Security Alarm but got rejected.
    The MA dealer noted in 2 previous posts is giving great prices on in-stock Corollas. I wish their website had more info on the vehicles.

So far I've only gone to one local dealer and did not like him. I hope I can get a similar deal. But quotes so far are way above your prices.
  • jibbajibba Member Posts: 1
    I live in NYC, but purchased a 2005 Corolla LE in NJ.

Options: Auto transmission, (AB) ABS, (BE) curtain side airbags, (VV) Audio value package, (CK) all weather guard
    Price paid: 16,300

Pleased. Think I got a decent price. It was maybe not the lowest, judging from what I'm seeing now. Didn't really haggle up from cost because I bought via carsdirect.com. Curious. Was this a decent price?
    Jibba,
    That's in the range of what I am being quoted (
    Wish I could find more info on the MD and MA deals people are getting. I don't need the extra audio package or side airbags but I can't find one without it yet. These add to the cost.
    I paid 16,400 with the same options. I guess that's the price in NY and NJ.
  • notmycarnotmycar Member Posts: 2
    I finally bought a 2005 Corolla LE with:
    - Automatic Transmission
    - All weather guard package (CK)
    - Anti-lock brake system (AB)
    - Audio value package includes: (VV)
    - Driver & passenger side airbags (BE)
    for $15,500 from IRA Toyota in Milford, MA. The OTD Price is $16,564 = $15,500 (car) + $190 (doc fee) + $775(5%tax) + $65(registration) + $29 (inspection)+ $5(tittle)
  • aa32aa32 Member Posts: 1
    corolla S 15700+tax(1200)+doc(200)@3.9%

they accepted first offer which scared me is this price OK

automatic
    value package
    moonroof
    floor mats
    all weather guard
    extra tint
  • booklbookl Member Posts: 1
    What are some prices for Corolla LE 2005 in Houston TX. w/pkg. of mats, cruise con. weather etc. I traded in my 2003 Corolla w/ 50,000 miles. With pkg. trade in and all taxes and fees it was $6100.
    Still with all the homework I do on Edmunds and other sights still feel I could have done better. Any advice?
    My first time and I love this sight!!
  • mbuchananmbuchanan Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to let you know, I just bought a 2005 Corolla LE in Orlando, FL. I went on to Edmunds and got the invoice price. The dealer quoted me a price of $17,500 out-the-door. My Corolla has a 6-CD changer, Sun/Moon Roof, Automatic, ToyoGuard just to name a few of the items. The LE comes with a lot of extra's. This is the first time I purchased a Toyota. Also, you should get a discount on the price because of the color you've chosen. When you're on Edmunds, you will see the pricing and ONLY go by the invoice. The dealers make plenty. If not on you, the next person that walks in uneducated on car buying. Good luck!
  • indigorollaindigorolla Member Posts: 2
    I just brought a Corolla LE three days ago and the experience was wonderful. This is my first car.

Price = $15,574
    Rebate = $500
    Down Payment = $500
    Indentity Sec.Sys. = $399
    Tax = $1083.11
    Title = $73.50
    Doc. = $55
    Tire Tax = $5.00
    Total came to $16,189 out the door

All the dealerships in my area were quoting around the same so I went with the one whose quote was $100 less than the others. My price was also consistent with Edmunds TMV for my area (actually a little less) and carsdirect was only $70 cheaper but the servce was beyond poor:( so I brought my car the old fashioned way.
  • motorman5motorman5 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased a Corolla with the VSC option? Just curious if dealers tend to carry models with this option in stock or you have to order it in advance.

Thanks
  • prism3prism3 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I was just curious what options you have on your Corolla LE. All weather package? Floor mats? ABS brakes? Cruise control? etc...
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.