Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• e_thereale_thereal Posts: 17
    there's actually a base model that's below the LE and Champion Toyota had a few of those on the lot. These may not have power locks or windows.
  • dr94087dr94087 Posts: 9
    Hi,
    Today I called couple of dealers in Bay Area for Corolla enquiry, and they told me that the 0% APR financing is discontinued in July month.
    I checked the Toyota.com site and it dont show the low APR finance.

Is this true?

Thanks,
    DR
  • yossarian3yossarian3 Posts: 30
    Does anyone know what sort of specials might be available in Massachusetts in July?
  • rospotterospotte Posts: 11
    Could someone suggest a good price on a 2009 corolla LX with automatic in the dallas,tx. area?

Any dealer recommendations?

thanks...jeff
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    If you don't mind can you email me the names of the dealers you are working with in Austin? The San Antonio dealerships don't seem to want to go anywhere near invoice.
  • yossarian3yossarian3 Posts: 30
    It looks like the low financing offers and low money factors for leases have vanished on the Corollas. And there is also less dealer flexibility on pricing. The explanation is that the Corollas are selling well in this high fuel price environment. Do people think there is any possibility that the better interest rates and money factors might come back in August?
  • I doubt it. If things go as they did with the civics, the prices are only going to go up, and the incentives will go away. I am going to try my best to buy now, because I need a car and don't want to pay too much for it! Honda civics (my first choice) just are outrageous right now... Good luck!
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Not bad at all...what kind of rebate was there? Like the XLE a bit better and I think it has more standard features with a corresponding bump in price. The S model looks pretty nice also.

The Sandman :)
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,675
    A reporter from a large newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who traded-in a larger vehicle for a small compact car to save money on gas, but spent money on options to get something more comfortable and appealing. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than July 9, 2008.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Edmunds.com
    Corporate Communications

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    Wanted a 2009 Corolla XLE fully loaded, all dealers in the Lehigh Valley section of PA area have few 2009 Corollas let alone a XLE loaded. They tell me Corollas are flying out the door. Dealers don't get many XLE's anyway. Most people(unlike me) just move up to the Camry if they want a Toyota equipped well. I, on the other hand, prefer to stick with a Corolla for it's economy and then get it loaded the way I want. They said they would try to locate one from another dealer but basically I just think they just ordered one for me. I wanted moon roof, spoiler, stability control, JBL sound system, alloy wheels, body side moldings, mudguards and carpeted floor mats. Ordered it for around $500.00 under TMV or $1000.00 under MSRP. Not the best deal but the best I could do.
  • barrancebarrance Posts: 6
    I was made an offer over email for a 2009 Corolla with an MSRP of $16909. I wasn't given any additional info, but according to Edmunds, this MSRP happens to correspond to a base model with AT, mats, and destination charge.

The price I was given was $14999 (there was some sort of dealer discount of $1910). If it is indeed a base model AT with mats, is this a good price for this car? According to Edmunds, this is below invoice.
  • Sounds like this vehicle has roll up windows and no power locks. I suppose that is decent, but it doesn't come with any of the perks (well, except for the mats). I wonder how much more it would cost to get power windows and locks. Where is the dealership located?
  • linyerlinyer Posts: 4
    Just spoke with Don McGill Toyota in Houston. The guy in fleet refused to take 1 penny off sticker price. Said that is what they are going for.
    Not even a thought to pay sticker for me. May have to start looking for another brand.
  • May I suggest you contact other dealers? I have been working on getting the car I want from Ron Carter and think that it will be pretty good, quite a bit off of sticker. Just send them all emails from their homepages saying the EXACT make, model, options, and color. Also, if you can wait, some of these guys can order a car for you with the exact features you want, at a good price. Check around!
  • joeytpjoeytp Posts: 1
    The best quote I could get on a Corolla S auto with sport package, moonroof, traction control, and mats was 18,850+TTL. Anyone able to do better?
  • Never thought I'd see the day when compact cars would cost about $20,000! We are not talking about mid-sized sedans. It's outrageous to think that we are being told that paying upwards of $17,000+ is a good deal for a compact car that gives us 35 mpg. Seriously, a couple of years ago you could get a new Corolla for $12,500 - $13,500. I'm so tired of the crappy deals dealerships are giving me on Corollas. I've just decided to wait until fall or December/January when there will be more rebates because the '10 Corolla will be coming out. I'm looking to pay between $15,500 - $16,500 on a new Corolla with cruise, keyless and mats. Cruise/Mat can be optional. I used an internet site that is supposed to make good deals for you. I received an e-mail on yesterday from a dealership in Anniston, AL (about 45 minutes from me) where I can get an LE with just standard power locks/windows for $16,188. I'm gonna check it out.
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    A couple of years ago gas was $2.00 + a gallon also and trucks were selling not now and there is a slug of trucks cheap now. You will find one as soon as the pipe line fills up but dont count on the 2010 causing a spiral of slashed prices. In May i picked up a LE with keyless, mats and stability control for just over $16K so it can be found. You will need to be flexible on colors and timing is everything.

Good Luck
  • e_thereale_thereal Posts: 17
    CHampion toyota-salesman's initials are BI
  • jlawrence01jlawrence01 Posts: 1,828
    >>, a couple of years ago you could get a new Corolla for $12,500 - $13,500. <<

A lot of the options on the 2007 models (side airbags, ABS) are now standard on the same models.

Also, there is a whole lot more demand for a high efficiency vehicle that there was 18 months ago ...

Thanks heavens my beater died when it did and didn't hang around for another year as I paid $13950 for my LE in March 2007.
  • archarkonarcharkon Posts: 4
    Just got Corolla LE auto

Price $15650 (including delivery )
    Processing fee $100
    Tax $939 (6%)
    Tags $220

Total 16909

No Trade in

In Baltimore, MD
This discussion has been closed.