Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Subaru BRZ Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long-Term Road Test

We tried out our long-term 2013 Subaru BRZ's trip recorder feature during our Utah road trip. The verdict? It's not that useful.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    Even a math idiot like me can figure out from the numbers you didn't blur that your average speed while moving was 81.12 mph :)
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    the photos on yelp of Arne's royal Hawaiian Motel are priceless.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ Zim: Closed course of course.

Unrelated, I've always liked your screen name. I was a fan of Jhonen Vasquez's show and have my own GIR action figure.
  • frsfanfrsfan Member Posts: 1
    Hi Erin. Thanks for your Utah trip report. Was road noise an issue with the BRZ? Folks complain about the road noise in its twin, the FR-S. Thanks.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    What was the highway mileage, anyway? I think I missed that report.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ frsfan: Road noise is noticeable, but for this type of car, I didn't consider it excessive and it didn't really bother me. (It's hard for me to make an apples-to-apples comparison because our FR-S has non-OEM tires and is significantly louder on the hig
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Thanks, Erin. Sounds like the BRZ delivers on the roadtrip! Good to know the stock tires are at least relatively quiet, too.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    My el-cheapo aftermarket Garmin records all the trip statistics mentioned except elevation, and won't reset until you tell it to, not even after its been cycled off during a refueling stop.