Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's new for the 2003 Tundra?

2»

Comments

• Man (UN)Truthteller, you crack me up. Been away from this site for a couple days and pow! Instant entertainment. Anyways, whatcha doing typing on a comp'tr ? Shouldn't you be plow'n the fields or milking the cows or some'n? Truth be told truthteller, I don't think you can afford a brand spanking new ANYTHING including a forien (sic)brand. You gots new (or relatively new) truck envy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913
    We are NOT going to start this battle up again.

We KNOW who likes what brands of trucks and it's obvious that nobody is changing their mind.

Arguing about it and taking personal shots at each other is NOT "entertainment" and is not approriate behavior in Town Hall.

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ricschricsch Posts: 540
    I was at a Toyota dealer last weekend (looking at Corollas for my sister) and asked out of curiosity if the Tundra would be getting a larger Access cab, or the double cab, and the salesman said possibly sometime in '03, as a '04 model, if you can believe a salesman.
  • rosey4rosey4 Posts: 42
    I read in Motortrend magazine that the 2003 Toyota will build a Stepside version, which I've seen pictures of, but they also plan to build a heavy duty crew cab. A double cab similar to the Tacoma. I've spoken to several sales people who tell me it will be a 2003 model. Does anyone know whether it will be out in early or midyear?
  • pompinopompino Posts: 7
    I am waiting for the 03' because there is "suppose" to be a color change.The Tundra gets the Camry colors Salsa Red,Aspen Green,Strato Blue and Phantom Grey.I have my 93 little Toyota truck and I promised the wife I would keep it for 10 years.The crew cab wont be out until 04'.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Camry colors you say....
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    haha

obyone behave

hey whats that silver color on the 00 camrys? My grandpa is having paint problems
  • pompinopompino Posts: 7
    Just another Tundra rumor but I still would like to see a brown color,LIGHT BROWN!!
  • bob259bob259 Posts: 280
    Any updates on when the 2003's will be available and/or dealers able to order?
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    SR5 COLORS
    Natural White
    Silver Sky (NEW)
    Phantom Gray
    Black
    Salsa Red (NEW)
    Desert Sand
    Imperial Jade
    Stratosphere
    LIMITED COLORS (NEW)
    Natural White
    Phantom Gray (NEW)
    Black
    Salsa Red
    Imperial Jade

2003 stepside will be its own model number (7726,7728 for 4x2 and 7826,7828 4x4) both are available in V6 and V8 and it will be for September delivery

2004 will be the Tundra doublecab and it will have the full size bed. (2004 info is always subject to change)
  • xyz71xyz71 Posts: 179
    When you say the 2004 double cab will have a full size bed - do you mean same as the current Tundra or full size as in F-150 / Silverado / Ram size?
  • johnxyzjohnxyz Posts: 94
    Is Toyota considering adopting the Sequoia coil spring rear suspension for the '03/'04 Tundra?

Thanks, John
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    xyz71, 6 foot bed that is on the Tundra now. Not the 8 foot bed ont the regualr cab.

johnxyz, I havn't heard anything about changing the rear suspension.
  • rosey4rosey4 Posts: 42
    I've seen a picture of the step side version of the 2003 Toyota Tundra, but nothing of the double cab Tundra. Motortrend says Toyota plans to come out with the heavy duty crew cab in 2003, but Toyota isn't saying anything. A few sales people have told me the double cab will be a 2003 model. Does anyone know for sure?
  • lustofinlustofin Posts: 1
    I am buying the 03 Tundra and have narrowed my choices to white or black. My bad boy side tells me black but my practical side screams white. If you own one of those colors, would you change anything? Thanks in advance!
  • twowheelertwowheeler Posts: 89
    I had a black nissan pu before that. If you don't mind washing the black one every week, then it's ok. Also scratches show up on the black fairly easily. But when you got it shinin real good, its a nice site! The white is great also it's not bright white, sorta off whitish.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    a pearl white. Other than that, black is the way to go.
  • Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about the 2003 Tundra? In paticular the double cab like the Tacoma.

Bill-
  • Looks like the doublecab Tundra will be introduced in '04, possibly with a higher horse V8. See www.tundrasolutions.com for more info.
2»
This discussion has been closed.