Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• wwhiiiwwhiii Posts: 1
    I bought the $149 nerf bars from Lawson on EBAY. They look exactly like Westins, but they are called Wildcat Flash. Very easy install. No drilling required. I also bought my trailer hitch and tonneau cover through EBAY, as I was having a difficult time finding accessories for the 02 quad anywhere else.
  • jlamarjjlamarj Posts: 19
    My friend with the HD2500 Chevy has stainless Wildcat Flash nerfs on his truck. They look great. The only difference is the screws for the step pads are exposed on his. Not noticable and not a problem. Ebay is full of cool stuff for the 02 Quad. I will getting the T shaped hood/grill bra from Mopar for Fathers Day next. It is the best looking one I have seen. Mopar.com Maybe I can find one on Ebay before then for less. It runs close to 100 bucks. The graphite headlamp covers are also interesting......
  • jlamarjjlamarj Posts: 19
    If anyone has photos to share of their 02 Quad I would like to see them. JLamar@knology.net

Much appreciated.
  • brnzbkbrnzbk Posts: 33
    I picked up my new shell today and I must say that I am very pleased. The ride is much smoother, it is a noticeable difference. I purchased a Glasstite cap with a sliding foldown window and a bed mat. I need the covered space because I do a lot of camping and I have two dogs which are part of the family. If anyone needs info on this cap let me know. My truck is a '02 QC SLT 4WD 4.7 Auto with 3:55 locking gears.
  • rttunneyrttunney Posts: 1
    Any suggestions where I can find better visors then what my Quad Cab came with. I have Melanoma on my left ear and MUST keep it out of the sun.
  • magillamagilla Posts: 75
    I was in the dealership today and guess what nerf bars this 5 star dealership sells? Wildcat Flash. Guess if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
  • Has any owner of the new 2002 quad cab 4X4 1500's found a way to raise the front end just a bit? It looks so un trucklike the way it is. I don't want to ruin the alignment, or handling. Any custom houses that have kits, or know how??
  • FYI - I got a pair from ebay. The seller is from a company based in Canada and I think the name is discounttruckaccessories. The bid is currently around $45. The seller has like 5 of these items on auction.
  • I have an 02 dodge 1500 quad cab and elected to have running boards with the end lights put on it. The truck looks great with them on, however, the lights don't work right. When I unlock the doors with the remote, the running board lights come on, then they fade off in sync with the interior lights, but about 10 seconds later they flicker on then off again. According to the installer, the lights are overloading the computer module that regulates the lights so he suggested the old style plunger switches that fit in the door jam. I personally don't like this since they won't allow the lights to come on when you remotely unlock the doors. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Is there a beefier module I can use to power these lights or another simple solution? Thanks.
  • mralanmralan Posts: 174
    Just purchased an 03 1500 ST shortbed with 4.7L/auto tranny.

I'm considering some mods to improved gas mileage, e.g. air intake sytem, performance exhaust, and maybe high performance computer.

Anyone have any luck with any of these mods? Will they affect my warranty?
  • i was wandering if anyone had a suggestion as to where i could place subs in my 2003 1500 qc.also any help with accessories such as nerf bars,fiber glass covers,and engine mods. i eventually want to race my truck.
  • I had a customer bring back his truck to the dealership to show off his new subwoofers. His truck didn't have the flat fold out trays in the back and he mounted his speakers under the back seats, his amp under the driver's seat, I think he had 2 10" woofers mounted on a solid plywood sheet, covered with matching carpet and mounted into the underseat storage. Aside from that I don't know where else you'd put them.
  • If the standard extending visor's aren't enough, you may want to try a small generic visor mounted above the door that you can drop down to protect your ear. I don't like the sun in my peripheral vision so I just swing the regular visor around to the driver's door and slide it back to block the vision. Hope this helps.
  • has anyone installed the hard,4 piece,folding tonneau cover from Mopar? And how do u like it? Can u put any weight on top of the cover ?the dealership has no clue. Anyone installed the Roll N Lock retractable cover? Experience?
  • Does any one know if the parts are available to add the wheel controls to your ram ?
    Sure would like to get some!
    Please let me know
  • loncrayloncray Posts: 301
    I was under the impression that the factory controls are only available from the factory, and only with the premium Laramie stereo. I'm sure somebody will put out an aftermarket set to clip on the steering wheel sometime or another.
  • Has anyone out there installed a lower degree thermostat. My 96 1500 with 5.9l w/ auto trans runs in the 200 to 210 range year round. It has run that hot since I bought it with 40k miles on it 3 years ago I now have 110k miles. I have a Mopar Performance PCM, Accel Cap(Brass contacts), Rotor, and High voltage Coil. High flow air intake, I run synthetic engine, trans, and rear end lube. MSD 8.5 MM plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4 plugs. My next mods will be a set of Summit Racing truck headers, and a cat back dual exhaust. I am thinking about a JET Powertech 180 degree thermostat. It is supposed to meter the water through the engine better for a more consistant engine temp. I just wonder if it will cause my truck to run in a closed loop all the time. I know that it goes to an open loop(runs off the sensor data and not a preset program) when it gets to a preset engine temp and I don't know if 180 degrees is to low. If any one knows or can give me a good source of info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • wtcmaswtcmas Posts: 2
    Can anyone give me some information on how to increase the horsepower on my new Hemi without voiding the factory warranty. Do you have some suggestions? Thanks for the help
  • iaajiaaj Posts: 6
    Love my 03 Ram 1500 QC 4wd hemi Laramie Sport w/ 20" wheels...1200 mi so far, getting 12+ mpg, no problems to report, Infinity 6CD decent/acceptable.
    I thought it sounded pretty decent stock but added FlowMaster exhaust with dual pipes, now it sounds AWESOME! But now it needs more power! Where can I get a bolt-on supercharger (I would expect additional exhaust mod)?
    Also, since I wanted 20" wheels I couldn't get the Off Road pkg - I don't like the lean/roll on corners - any recommendations to mod the suspension, without sacrificing the fine ride I get now?
  • amoralesamorales Posts: 196
    Try Kenne-Bell or Blowzilla. They did a set-up for the Chrysler 300. Want to kick it up a notch on my recently puchased Ram 1500 Hemi-express Club-cab....May check into the Flow-Master set up and also see if K @ N has an air intake system