Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Prices Paid and Buying Experience

18910111214»

Comments

• Just bought a Sport Crew MSRP was 43680.00. I went out the door at 27500.00

Deep Cherry Red
    Full leather seats - not trim.
    Sun roof
    Radio with nav
    Alpine stereo system.
    Just about everthing except remote start and back up camera.
    What do yall think?
  • abpelch74abpelch74 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Hope this helps others in their negotiations...Just had dealer locate & deliver the following truck from out of state:

2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x2 (20 miles on the odometer)
    Bright White
    Dark slate Gray Interior
    Options:
    Remote Start
    Sport Premium Group
    3.92 Rear Axle
    Fold-Away Power Trailer Tow Mirrors
    Sport Performance Hood
    32 Gallon Tank
    Navigation
    Rear Back-up Camera
    Power Adjustable Pedals
    Class IV Hitch
    Trailer Brake Controller
    Spray-in Bedliner

MSRP $41,120
    Bought for $33,705 + $495 doc & tax. $10k down, no trade. I really find it hard to believe people are still getting $10-12k off MSRP nowadays without qualifying for military & loyalty rebates.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent owners ( within the last month) or people who are considering purchasing a hybrid or a pickup truck. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 12pm PST on March 1st, 2011 and include your name, state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and your phone number.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A reporter is interested in talking with a recent full-size pickup buyer. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5pm Pacific today, Friday October 28, 2011 and include your name and email address.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hello and Congradulations. I suddenly have taken an interested in the same kind of truck u recently purchased. Before I get too excited I want to figure out if could even afford it. I currently have a rather high car payment now on a Pontiac G8 because of alot of negative equity. According to KKB, my car is worth close to what I owe...
    If u don't mind about how much cash was out of pocket, and about how much are your Payments?

Thank you;
  • After originally looking at a 2007 megacab for $37,000 with 40K miles with leveling kit and the SLT package. I took it home overnight only to have it the next day it wouldnt start. It was taken to the dealer who said there was a bad battery. I was really into this truck and the sales manager "decided" to take it home on a Saturday while I was taking care of the financing in order for it to not be demo driven on the lot. Come the following Monday he calls and says there was a bad vibration coming from the back and he wanted it looked at (funny I didnt feel it when I was driving it).
    He said he would call me and keep me up to date and after 4 days of no return call I went to the dealer and asked him what was going on. I was "told" that rear driveline had a dent and the rear axle was leaking and he said he couldn't sell me the truck because he would have more in repairs and wouldn't feel right selling me that specific truck. They spoke to me about the 2011 Crew cab which I found had the same leg room only missing the space behind the rear seats.
    The MSRP on this specific truck was $44K and I bought it for 36K out the door tax title and licensing. However, after about 4 days, the truck I was originally wanting, was out on the lot for sale again for the exact same sticker price. They to me lied to in order for them to push the 2011's. Im very happy with the truck except for when my ex-wife back into it with only 500 miles on it...yeah. I think it was purpose too...
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,565
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• br5br5 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Ram 1500 Brand new in idaho -Red
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    I am very interested in the new 1500 4x4 with the V-6. I have read of all the new different imporvements on the 2013 1500 and it looks more than a redo it's what they call a new truck. Has anyone got any more information like when it comes out ooor have you bought one?
    A reporter would like to speak to a loyal Ram owner who is shopping for a new truck. If you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon PT/3 p.m. ET on Friday, 1/18/13.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Did you buy a pickup truck recently? A reporter is looking to speak with recent truck buyers and how they made their decisions: Which brands did they consider? What did they trade in? And would they consider a different brand in the future? If you'd like to help the reporter with this story, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than February 5, 2013.

A reporter wants to learn how owners of the new Ram 1500 feel about the truck, and more specifically, how they like the rotary shifter. If you're interested in helping out, please shoot a note to pr@edmunds.com by Monday, April 15 2013.

• sshabajsshabaj Posts: 10
    Hello,

The best quoted price that I have gotten so far for a FULLY loaded ram 1500 sport crew cab with a sticker price of $51,340.00 is $579.00 a month with only first payment and $350.00 for DMW fees.
    So Total out of pocket would be less than $1,000.00. Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I can do better.

Thanks
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    edited April 2013
    A monthly payment and cash-out-of-pocket don't provide enough information to judge. It could be a great deal ($579 per month for 60 months) or a mediocre deal ($579 per month for 84 months). If you detail the equipment, MSRP, and finance terms, then people could probably help.
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A 4X4 WITH THE 3.6 V6 ?
    The 4.7 is history as last week, the production stopped. As of now its the HEMI (can you say Hemi?) and the 3.6 V6. I am real close to buying the Lone Star Crew cab 4X4. The V6's are just really showing up about one or two at each dealerships. They seem to go pretty fast. But I really want to get some information fron someone that has one. I have seen the Towing comaprisons between the 5.7 and the 3.6 engines. Towing MPG was 10mpg with the 3.6 and 12 for the 5.7 But mpg without towing Ram says 23 with the 3.6 and 19 for the 5.7 I would not be towing, maybe three times a year with less than 3,000 #. I do put on about 2,000 miles a month. The 3.6 mpg might be worth while if it gets the mpg. So far I most always get what ever the Chrysler sticker says, the same for my jeep's and dodge trucks.

So if You have a 3.6 I sure would like some info from you.

farout
  • sshabajsshabaj Posts: 10
    Yes, It is a lease the sticker price/MSRP is $51,340.00
    Lease term is 36 months
    Its fully loaded. Has everything in it except the ram box and the 4 way hydrolic suspension
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,565
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Texas resident who's in the market for a new pickup truck. If you're able to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact info by Thursday, September 26, 2013.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    edited September 2013
    Just bought my Ram 1500 3.6L SLT Crew Cab, 2WD. Only options were UConnect 8.4 and Luxury Group. Dealer added bedliner, window tint, chrome step-bars, K&N Filter, and nitrogen in tires. Sticker before these dealer items was $36,820. Paid $1300 in taxes and left for $33,400 after taxes, fees (no trade in). Dealer offers 6 free oil changes / tire rotations with purchase. No real haggling was involved, nobody tried the hard-sell of extended warranty, etc. I was pleased.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    I’m seriously considering a 2013 RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x2, White w/ Gray Interior, V6/8AT and the only options are the “Premium Display Package”, 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio and Remote Single CD Player. It stickers for $33,480 and I have a written offer for $26,080 plus $66 tag/title fee and 6.5% TAVT Tax (in lieu of Sales Tax in Georgia) for an OTD total of $27,841.

The Premium Display Package adds a 7” Multiview Display in the Instrument Cluster, Integrated Voice Command w/ Bluetooth, Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT, 5.0” touch screen display, Rearview mirror with microphone and 1-year of SiriusXM. It’s a nice package for just $465.

I was planning to buy a 2013 Ford F150 SuperCab STX until I read several reviews and they all said the RAM was the best of the V6 pickups- best fuel economy and best acceleration. I am very impressed…..
  • Sounds like a great deal! Go for it, you won't be disappointed. It's quiet, and offers plenty of power if you lay your foot into it. Stay out of it and it is pretty miserly. The premium display in the dash makes it easy to keep an eye on MPG.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve San Jose, CaPosts: 19

anyone purchase a Dodge Ram with the new V6? can you tell us how is performs? is the MPG as advertised? How's towing? and what did you pay for it? anyone?

18910111214»