Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bob225bob225 Posts: 46
    I priced out a 2010 Laramie MSRP $47,980. I am at $39,563.

Still working on the trade delta.
  • gege7754gege7754 Posts: 6
    Hi there,

2010 Ram 1500 Crew Laramie 4x4
    Bucket Seats
    Media Center
    ParkView Rear Back Up Camera
    32-Gallon Fuel Tank
    Rear-Seat Video System
    Under Rail Bed Liner
    Class IV Hitch

Net MRSP $47,545

With the $2,500 incentive released in the last day or so, TMV is suggesting a shade under $42,600.

I have not gone to a dealer yet....is this a good price or should I be aiming for better? Thanks vm
  • Forget the 2500 quad, ended up getting a 2009 MEGA cab msrp $47k for $31.500 out the door..........the deals are out there you just have to shop EVERY DEALER i shopped as far as Texas, dealers will deliver and pick up your trade without even looking at it.........DON'T GIVE UP I BELIEVE 10K IS A GOOD STARTING POINT MAYBE EVEN 15K THEN YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH 10-12K OFF MSRP.......THEY NEED YOU YOU DON'T NEED THEM..........
  • NEED ANOTHER TRUCK WHAT ARE DODGE 2010 4X4 SLT 1500 SELLING FOR MSRP AROUND 35K......THINKING $26.600 OUT THE DOOR IS GOOD
  • shawnh3shawnh3 Posts: 1
    2010 Ram 1500 TRX
    4x4
    5.7L
    32Gallon Fuel Tank

MSRP: $35,500
    Purchase Price: $26,800 + tax & title
    I also purchased the added care plus lifetime warranty for $1335
  • 2010 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4X4
    5.7 HEMI MDS VCT
    Big Horn Package
    Deep Water Blue Pearl
    Premium Cloth Bucket
    Remote Start w/ Security Group
    20" x 9" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
    Class IV Hitch

MSRP: $40455

Deal: $31500 (not including TTLF)

I also got the lifetime warranty ($1995) and 1.9% interest. I had an already pre-approved loan from my bank but they wouldn't match/beat the 1.9% interest. Price included a $3000 rebate and a trade-in of my damaged 2004 Dakota Club Cab SLT V6 4X2 (would have required $4000 to fix based on estimates from separate body shop). KBB had appraised my Dakota as "poor" value. Fair value would have been about $5400.

So considering that I needed a bigger truck for the family and the repair costs associated with the Dakota, I think it was a good deal for me.

One thing I found surprising is that my auto insurance only went up by $2 from the Dakota to the Ram.
  • pd2icepd2ice Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4

Deep Blue water blue
    5.7L V8 Hemi
    Sport Group/Sport Performance Hood
    Remort Start& Security Group
    Power Sunroof
    Package 26L Sport
    Luxury Group
    Navigation/backup camera
    Mopar Chrome side step
    Leather trimmed bucket seat

MSRP $47,290

$35,500 not including (doc fee $129 and tax). The dealer gave me military discount and installed tghe bedliner for free. I've been shopping around for 2 months throughout the noreast area. (NY,CT,NJ,PA). I've fallen for couple of bait and switch. Finally found the truck I wanted and it was hastle free thank GOD.
  • 70dodge70dodge Posts: 2
    SLT , Quad Cab , only extras were the towing package equipment. $23,300 after all the rebates and incentives. Baltimore , MD.
  • Im interested to get either crew cab or quad cab SLT (whichever cheaper). Anyone in Socal could get 1 for under 22k plus ttl recently?
  • 2010 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition Crew Cab 4x4 with 5.7 L. Hemi Engine

Austin Tan Pearl
    Premium Cloth Seating package
    Remote Start/security
    20" Wheels with 9" OWL Tires
    Luxury Package
    Technology Package with Alpine Stereo and Park Assist
    Protection Package
    Class IV Hitch

MSRP $40,450
    After Discounts and Rebates I paid $29,600 before trade
    Was given $4200.00 for 2004 Chevy Venture Van in trade
    $25,400 after trade
    2.69% Finance for 72 Months
    We paid cash for taxes, fees, etc
    Did not buy any extended warranty
  • Just bought a Sport Crew MSRP was 43680.00. I went out the door at 27500.00

Deep Cherry Red
    Full leather seats - not trim.
    Sun roof
    Radio with nav
    Alpine stereo system.
    Just about everthing except remote start and back up camera.
    What do yall think?
  • abpelch74abpelch74 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Hope this helps others in their negotiations...Just had dealer locate & deliver the following truck from out of state:

2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x2 (20 miles on the odometer)
    Bright White
    Dark slate Gray Interior
    Options:
    Remote Start
    Sport Premium Group
    3.92 Rear Axle
    Fold-Away Power Trailer Tow Mirrors
    Sport Performance Hood
    32 Gallon Tank
    Navigation
    Rear Back-up Camera
    Power Adjustable Pedals
    Class IV Hitch
    Trailer Brake Controller
    Spray-in Bedliner

MSRP $41,120
    Bought for $33,705 + $495 doc & tax. $10k down, no trade. I really find it hard to believe people are still getting $10-12k off MSRP nowadays without qualifying for military & loyalty rebates.
  • A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent owners ( within the last month) or people who are considering purchasing a hybrid or a pickup truck. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 12pm PST on March 1st, 2011 and include your name, state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and your phone number.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• A reporter is interested in talking with a recent full-size pickup buyer. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5pm Pacific today, Friday October 28, 2011 and include your name and email address.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Hello and Congradulations. I suddenly have taken an interested in the same kind of truck u recently purchased. Before I get too excited I want to figure out if could even afford it. I currently have a rather high car payment now on a Pontiac G8 because of alot of negative equity. According to KKB, my car is worth close to what I owe...
    If u don't mind about how much cash was out of pocket, and about how much are your Payments?

Thank you;
  • After originally looking at a 2007 megacab for $37,000 with 40K miles with leveling kit and the SLT package. I took it home overnight only to have it the next day it wouldnt start. It was taken to the dealer who said there was a bad battery. I was really into this truck and the sales manager "decided" to take it home on a Saturday while I was taking care of the financing in order for it to not be demo driven on the lot. Come the following Monday he calls and says there was a bad vibration coming from the back and he wanted it looked at (funny I didnt feel it when I was driving it).
    He said he would call me and keep me up to date and after 4 days of no return call I went to the dealer and asked him what was going on. I was "told" that rear driveline had a dent and the rear axle was leaking and he said he couldn't sell me the truck because he would have more in repairs and wouldn't feel right selling me that specific truck. They spoke to me about the 2011 Crew cab which I found had the same leg room only missing the space behind the rear seats.
    The MSRP on this specific truck was $44K and I bought it for 36K out the door tax title and licensing. However, after about 4 days, the truck I was originally wanting, was out on the lot for sale again for the exact same sticker price. They to me lied to in order for them to push the 2011's. Im very happy with the truck except for when my ex-wife back into it with only 500 miles on it...yeah. I think it was purpose too...
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,949
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.
  • br5br5 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Ram 1500 Brand new in idaho -Red
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    I am very interested in the new 1500 4x4 with the V-6. I have read of all the new different imporvements on the 2013 1500 and it looks more than a redo it's what they call a new truck. Has anyone got any more information like when it comes out ooor have you bought one?