Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• pearlpearl Posts: 336
    I am surprised at how well Infiniti/Nissan have held the details on the upcoming G. Yes, we saw the likely coupe version displayed, but as far as I know, there are precious few technical details available on it, or the four-door which will be shown in NY in a few weeks. Some Japanese magazine speculated on a 3.7L engine, and supposedly, Nissan has trademarked G37, M37, etc, but we have heard nothing that I know of regarding specs on this engine or anything else (transmission, etc) about the new G. Nissan is almost Toyota-like on hiding the info this time.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    What, for Pete's sake, is all of this preoccupation with "turning radius"?

Unless you are directionally challenged and need to make repeated U-turns on narrow roads, I cannot imagine the average driver turning their steering wheel "lock to lock" frequently enough to have the turning radius be an issue. I have a TL (big) and a 911 (small) and I can honestly say that neither one of them can do a complete one shot U-turn on my street, and yet neither one of them has ever presented me with the slightest problem in DC's tightest underground parking garages.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    Some people carefully position their vehicles between the lines.

Others abandon them somewhere in the parking lot.

If the ability to do the former is at all important, turning radius enters the picture.

"Back in the day," when I was paid by the mile to drive, we usually referred to the trucks that weren't lined up properly as company drivers. FWIW, those who own their own tractors don't look too highly upon people who get paid by the hour (& appear to lack certain skills).

The ability to precisely position a vehicle is important to some of us.

Not so much to others.

"Give me 40 acres & I'll turn this rig around" has a point to make, but I very much appreciate not having to deal with it in my daily driver.

Those FWD fans who don't notice the difference would make great truck drivers.
    "Some people carefully position their vehicles between the lines.

Others abandon them somewhere in the parking lot.

If the ability to do the former is at all important, turning radius enters the picture."

Either your pulling my leg on this, in which case I compliment your subtle humor. Or, you're actually serious, in which case I think you've really tipped the scale from the sublime to the completely absurd. ;)
    I should have included two more words -- "more easily."

As in, "If the ability to do the former more easily is at all important. . ."

You are correct. It is possible to perfectly park any vehicle, given sufficient skill and/or time.

The pleasant thing, at least in my world, is to be able to turn on a dime, therefore do a number of things more quickly/easily.

Perhaps I'm looking for a reason why so many people park the way they do. It's a fool's mission, to be sure, given the number of people who don't use directional signals.

It all comes down to being considerate. . .or not.
    "Perhaps I'm looking for a reason why so many people park the way they do. It's a fool's mission, to be sure, given the number of people who don't use directional signals.

It all comes down to being considerate. . .or not."

Now there is something we can agree on - what possesses some people to park as though they are mentally and physically challenged, I'll never know.

Just this weekend, I was out with the girls in our 911. I'm not the type that will park in the next zip code, but I will pull tight against the curb on a space that is on the right side of a set. Gives the car next to my left plenty of room and (usually) takes me out of range of thier passenger door. Did that in the corner of a restaurant parking lot on Saturday. Came out to find the only other car in the section, a FX35, immediately on my left a full two feet into my parking space, making it impossible for me to open my door wide enough to access the back seat. Intentional, who knows? But as I was loading both of my kids into the back from the passenger side, guy pulls up in a utility van and says "looks like you need help". He then pulls in tight next to the drivers side of the Infiniti with about 3" to spare and has his buddy back into the space I'm vacating. There was no way anyone was getting inside that Infiniti except through the rear hatch. Not something I would encourage in front of my kids, but I definitely got a kick out of it. ;)
    Excellent!
  • nj356nj356 Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 325XI list $38,595.00, my net $36,847.00. Has premium, auto, cold weather and satellite prep. Can I do better. I am in NJ. Price is from Flemington
  • starman98starman98 Posts: 119
    Yea thats an insult to Abrams Tanks.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Parking makes me nuts! I left my car in my company's parking structure sunday. The place was totally empty and I parked 10 spaces from the elevator. When I returned with a friend some !#$%er parked right next to my car. He had the entire structure and much closer spots to the elevator.

Argh...still mad thinking about it.
  • dougiexdougiex Posts: 6
    I feel your pain.....I just noticed a new kink in the side of my G35 and no idea where this comes from...and its quite deep too....I am the person that would park in the next postal code in a parking lot...drop off my passengers and then go park, or pull into those end spots and park really close to the side without a sparking spot. I sometimes park at the back of the lot with many empty spots to the left and right and empty rows to the back and front and people still park beside my car ????. No reason ever for anyone to be even close to my car...but somehow they find themselves there and batter the heck out of my car....sometimes I think my car must be a big magnet that just pull other cars in wherever I park.
  • dfc3dfc3 Posts: 87
    Count me as a turning radius enthusiast. In 25 years of driving, I never was concerned about it - never even thought about it. Of course, for 14 years of that 25, I had a car which had a tight (32') turning radius. I can't find any decent cars on the market that can match that today. Well... anyway, when I got my most recent car, the turning radius is between 39' and 40'. I'm appalled. I live in an urban area. I can't make tight turns. It takes 3 tries to get into parking spaces that I used to do in 1. I have now added turning radius tightness as a major consideration in the cars I'm looking at.
  • bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    I am the person that would park in the next postal code in a parking lot...drop off my passengers and then go park, or pull into those end spots and park really close to the side without a sparking spot. I sometimes park at the back of the lot with many empty spots to the left and right and empty rows to the back and front and people still park beside my car ????. No reason ever for anyone to be even close to my car...but somehow they find themselves there and batter the heck out of my car....sometimes I think my car must be a big magnet that just pull other cars in wherever I park.

For whatever reason, cars that are conspicuously parked far away become a target for animosity.... I think some people viewed it as "snobby" and assume the owner thinks "my car is so good that it doesn't deserve to be near the commoners' cars." Whether that is the owner's intent or not, some other driver just have to lash out and be jerks.

Obviously the car being parked far away isn't hurting anyone. In fact, it actually leaves more closer spaces open! It's really a cowardly act since there is often a low likelyhood that they'll get caught... Oh well... :confuse:
  • nicetrynicetry Posts: 1
    You guys sound like you are the only ones that want to park far away from others? My take on it is the majority who park close to you in those far away spots do so because they also want to get away from the ones that don't care about door dings and feel you may be considerate enough to not ding their car.

With that said, there are still some idiots out there that aren't considerate and want to park next to a nice vehicle just to annoy you - although I believe they are far and few between simply because they are too lazy to walk ;)
  • newcarmannewcarman Posts: 55
    Anyone have any info on the new 2007 G35 sedan>>?? When will the car be available at dealers??

How much redisgned will be be over the existing G35?? I hope its better!!!!!!!!!! even though i like this car too.

I want to buy a G35 sedan but the main question is should i wait to when the 2007 comes out or go with the present G35. Any ideas people??
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    Patience is a virtue in this case. Wait. I am sure the new G37 will be far more exciting in terms of performance/handling than the current model.
  • Plus the interior...

rumor says that it will be somewhat closer to the new M series

which is awesome... :D
  • usn_tlusn_tl Posts: 9
    Believe or not I was driving my 06 TL eastbound on CA-101 towards Los Angeles when I noticed what seemed to be an updated G35 sedan. It had a 3-digit license plate so I know it was a tester. It was diamond graphite/black leather and the exterior looked similar to the 06 G35 Sedan except it had dual exhaust outlets (like the 06 G35 Coupe) and a roof mounted antenna similar to the current BMW 3Series. I had a quick glanced at the interior (limited visibility) and it had a Navi similar to the 06 G.

If this was going be the 07 model, it would be the coolest G35 Sedan to date, IMO. Sorry wasn't able to snap a picture :(
  • vchiuvchiu Posts: 565
    But the 330i Touring is on the European Price list already. Do you mean BMW don't plan to import it to Canada/US!? This wouldn't be smart. The touring is much more practical and does not force you to go for a heavier X3!
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    You are correct.

Unfortunately the only way I can own a 330i Touring is to immigrate to Europe. And here in N. America the X3 or X5 are not my kind of vehicles since I live and work in downtown and always drive on paved city roads/highways.