Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• I love that interior in the MKZ, it looks great with the exterior in Black pearlcoat and chrome rims.
  • ontopontop Posts: 279
    I agree. Don't care for the 'metallic' interior look of the MKZ. The Aura looks so much nicer.
  • I believe I read somewhere that the TL has faster slalom time than the IS350 due to the electronazis.

That home boy that posted a review from the Detroit news should know that that husband and wife team that do the car section for that paper are beyond worthless. They are so worthless that comedians are just saying their names during stand up routines and getting laughs.

Sorry, actually 3 things. What the hell are we doing still hearing this nonsense about that Lincoln? Does it have the fastest 0-Luby's time?

Is their actually anybody besides Rockylee, and his love child flash11, that really believe this car is sporty?
    If so, please step forward and have a pie thrown in your face for being an idiot without a village.
  • oldcemoldcem Posts: 309
    Guess you're gonna be in absolute awe then. My son-in-law owned a Volvo S60 Turbo. After driving my 3.0 X Type he indicated that the Jag had more punch and handled better than his Volvo. He has since replaced the Volvo with a new Acura TL.
  • You can scoop up a 335 with gray, beige, black, terra (brownish orange) and lemon leather interiors. Yes, lemon. Most people don't realize this is available but you can get it through special order.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86539&d=1159193494
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    Does the interior define a car in this segment, or does the overall performance? I've seen the 3 series and MKZ side by side, in my estimation no comparison. BMW wins. Sleek and athletic. The MKZ is not that. (I want to add IMO). But that still doesn't mean there will not be a market for this car.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    "you compared it to a Saturn. I asked to compare it to the BMW, are you afraid we will see the truth?"

Sorry Flash, I showed the interiors to make my point. I didn't realize you were counting on me to perform a task for you.

My point is that you can't tell the QUALITY of the interior from a photo. All a picture can do is help you decide which interior YOU like best. Completely subjective.

Well, here you go...Flash

and Function

Personally, I find the MKZ interior almost grotesque in it's attempt to be premium. I count over 40 buttons on the center stack! It's just trying too hard to be something.

The BMW interior is just pure, simple function over form - as a true cockpit should be.

The MKZ is shouting, "Look at me, look at me!" while the BMW is whispering, "Let's go the long way today."
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,245
    fed, great line! I try to find as many twisties as possible as the hills whisper back!

Regards,
    OW
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    I would declare the MKZ "Not Fit for this board" just based on that ancient-looking steering wheel.
  • "I would declare the MKZ "Not Fit for this board" just based on that ancient-looking steering wheel."

I second that :)

Seriously, straight from a truck.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Well, I'm just trying to stay unbiased.

I agree that the MKZ's appearance doesn't really have much appeal to a driving enthusiast, but it's target audience is undeniably "entry-level luxury." What we don't know yet is whether or not "performance" is part of the equation.

Doing even more research and giving the topic of the MKZ further thought, I realized that, although it has a lot in common with the TL (humble DNA, upscale features, etc.), the Lexus ES350 also falls into the same category.

Reading the Lexus literature and reviewing the ES350 here at Edmonds, Lexus actually advertisess the size of the brakes, presence of front & rear sway bars, and the fully-independant suspension on the ES350.

We all agree that the ES is not a performance car to be considered in this forum - but the TL is. The MKZ has the potential to be a TL rival at the test track given the sporting nature of the Mazda6 (especially when compared to the Accord), but until we drive the Lincoln, we just don't know.

The enthusiast in me is guessing the MKZ is probably a wanna be ES350, but who knows - the Lincoln LS surprised everyone when it came out...
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Stevie Wonder would find the MKZ interior ugly to look at.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I wouldn't want to see the girlfriends or wives of anyone that found that MKZ interior attractive. At least not on a full stomach.

And some people wonder why the Big Three are lsoing money?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    Your son-in-law's S60 was NOT an S60R. VERY different animals. That would be like saying a 325 and M3 are the same.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    I had those seats in my 350Z. Nissan had them in the concept Z car, as well (whenever that was ... maybe 2000? 2001?). Nissan calls it burnt orange. I'm not sure if Infiniti would use the same name.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,480
    Yes, again as shown by comparison, the MKZ interior is just wrong. Although I'm sure that George Lucas loves having his brand on a billboard in the middle of the MKZ center stack!

From what I've read/seen, the MKZ is not a bad car (but is it really worth the premium over a Fusion/Milan?) and I find the exterior to be handsome enough. But, really, other than Town Car drivers or those who look back fondly on the Aries K could admire the interior design of the MKZ??? And again, YMMV.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• I notice you had to get a real life pic of the BMW interior and a factory pic of the MKZ to make the BMW look better.Shame on u.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    Believe me he didn't have to. The BMW interior is better if you're a driver.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,480
    "...a factory pic of the MKZ to make the BMW look better.Shame on u."

? :confuse:

Wouldn't a factory (and by that I'll assume you mean released by the manufacturer) supplied picture put the product in the best light possible? Why would a mfg. release unflattering pictures of their products?

A "real life" picture could show driver/owner induced flaws (e.g. scuff marks, used leather, or in the case of my wife SPILLED COFFEE!!! :mad: ) that would put the interior in a less-flattering light.

No shame here, just folks opinions on the interiors of select automobiles.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/MediaNav/year=2007/make=Lincoln/model=MKZ/f- irstNav=Gallery#

Its got a real life pic of MKZ interior see what Im talkin bout.
  • Click on the top first drive.