Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,111
    Edwards.....you decided to play guess the German , let's see how you did.

Your answer Audi is correct.
    Your second answer BMW sorry incorrect it's infanimy, Infiniti to the rest of us
    Your thirds answer benz sorry again your wrong it's the tl.

Audi is a nice car for sure but not for 40k when you can get way more - good car to lease like the TL.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    edited October 2010
    I don't respond in long paragraphs. Check out a couple more discussions on here, especially in autonews and you'll see some long posts. I did check again and you were incorrect about what I said about the TSX, thanks for admitting you made a boo boo :P
    ^ SPAM ALERT ^
  • gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    edited October 2010
    ^ SPAM ALERT ^ DAS BOOT!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • I like that the way you term it " electronic nannies" in my opinion that's what most of the stuff they put in cars these days are, for people who stiil enjoy driving, these features just takes the fun away.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,665
    "its low base price should entice new buyers—mostly female, according to the company"

Ouch...they (the company themselves !?) just called the car a 'chicks' car.

My capacity to berate men from buying the G25 is somewhat limited as I drive a light blue Lexus :)
    edited October 2010
    Smartylongposts "The TSX does not offer a manual and you don't see its sales tanking"- I posted they have offered one since day one and the 2010 has one. Information on Acura website.
    Less words more facts - maybe back your stance with some sales numbers over a period of time-
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,923
    Ad in my local paper today..

G25X..

MSRP $34,800

Selling price $34,000

:surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Not a chick car. A stupid rich chick car.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,665
    Was that stupid car or stupid chick :blush:
    In defense of the G25x, it is less expensive than the other 2 stupid rich chick cars, the BMW 328i xDrive and Lexus IS250 AWD.

Of course, it's still just another member of the "I paid $2000 to add 250 lbs and subtract 2 MPG" club.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,363
    Of course, it's still just another member of the "I paid $2000 to add 250 lbs and subtract 2 MPG" club.

I think that's an unfair characterization. Those buyers simply can't own a RWD car- they need something to drive when it rains...
    ;)

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    Those buyers simply can't own a RWD car- they need something to drive when it rains...

Ouch!
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    If people can't handle a RWD car in a little rain, perhaps they need to just take the bus.
    Yeah, I made the mistake in saying it lacked a manual but I said its sales have not tanked! You said a few posts back that I said the TSX sales have tanked! Wrong as usual. I made a mistake about the manual but not the one on sales which is the one you called me out on!

Wrong as usual sweenytodd!
    edited October 2010
    "You said a few posts back that I said the TSX sales have tanked! Wrong as usual."

Actually, what he said was:

"On TSX sales not tanking, i would like to see the numbers."

I think this was a reasonable request - especially in the context of your original statement containing false information (no manual).

Why don't you simply provide a link to your source that shows how strong TSX sales are and put this matter to rest?

BTW - I think this discussion is a good one, but the personal jabs between the two of you are a problem. We are talking about cars here - there's no need to get inflamed.
    edited October 2010
    i agree lawman.. but smarty is again mistaken as you posted, just like he was mistaken about me even talking about the TSX -- i have never made comments saying the tsx sales have tanked but I did say and prove (using hondas own sales numbers) that TL sales have "tanked" since they changed to the modern design -- i can pull up the numbers again for the TL --the car i mentioned. Smarty might be having flashbacks on the TL2009+ chat when i threw a bunch of slaes facts about the TL.

But for smarty to say the TSX sales not tanking-well again I would like to see the numbers -- wait i went to wiki and here are the facts-
    Total American sales
    2003[28] 18,932
    2004 30,365
    2005[29] 34,856
    2006 38,035
    2007[30] 33,037
    2008[30] 31,998
    2009 28,650

2009 was when they changed the body style-- I dont think this is a tank job-ALA TL -- so smarty I agree..but acura in general cant be happy with the present momentum of sales. that was easy
    (sorry for the long post)
    edited October 2010
    Again, you put words in their that I did not say. I did not say that TSX sales were strong or really really good. All I said was that TSX sales have not tanked and they haven't!

Here is some even better figures then sweens about the TSX: Directly from Acura media released on Oct 1st based on Sept and 2010 sales.

Sept 2010

Sept 2009

Percent Change
    +7.3%

YTD Sept 2010

YTD Sept 2009

Percent Change
    +7.7%
    edited October 2010
    Seriously, what is wrong with you? For the last time, I DID NOT say TSX sales tanked, I said TSX sales HAD NOT TANKED! :mad:

Just because they have decreased over the last two years by a few thousand does not mean they are tanking and as I just showed you in a post above, the TSX is higher in sales this year thus far then at this time last year hence a upward rise.

Yeah, your figures really showed how bad the TSX sales have tanked :blush:

And here is the figures for the TL to show its decrease in sales and thus poor sales performance, taken from Acura media newsroom.

YTD 2010

YTD 2009

YTD - 1.8%

TL 2004 Sales: 77,895
    TL 2005 Sales: 78,218
    TL 2006 Sales: 72,348
    TL 2007 Sales: 58,545
    TL 2008 Sales: 48,766
    TL 2009 Sales: 33,620

As you can see, the sales decrease in the TL is quite substantial compared to the TSX and hence why I have said tanked for the TL. It is sad considering the TL was Acura's bread and butter model for so many years and that now has changed to the MDX. You can state a whole host of reasons why it dropped but its safe to say that the TSX has been a better success for them then the TL is right now.
    run forest run, - again -i did not disagree with you, just wanted the numbers... re-read what i said i was agreeing with you, take a deep breath- but thanks for reposting the TL numbs, good stuff, this was something I posted in the 2009 TL chat months ago..as a weird twist you replied to that one too..

decaf bro.
  • murphydogmurphydog Posts: 491
    Seems I saw a story on a new 3.5 from Mercedes that would bump HP to ~ 300 or so. This was a month or so ago - but no reference to what models would get it first. Are there any hints when it may arrive in the C class?
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,744
    Isn't the entire auto market up over 20% '09 vs. '10? If so, a 7.7% rise means the TSX is not holding its own.

FWIW, IMHO the new TSX is another example of how Honda is going all wrong lately -- bigger, softer, and more tarted up with gadgets. But not better.
  • duke39duke39 Posts: 6
    Smarty,

Do you work for Acura in California or a local dealership?
    Yeah, I worked for both ;) :P That is why I posted numbers showing the TL's huge sales decline over the last few years :surprise:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    This is getting too personal. As fedlawman mentioned, we're talking about cars here... there's no need to get all bent out of shape if someone disagrees with your perspective.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Didn't see that murpdog but it seems they prob need to do something- I don't know how well the c class is selling. Don't see many in newengland- the C63/C65 is a monster and they prob need a better bridge to that car from the C350.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 187
    Ah. I thought the game was all Germans.

Yeah, I didn't think they fit that well. For instance, lush leather ain't in a C series.
    Well it was a good try. Stay tuned for the next episode of "guess the German" coming soon to edmunds.com
    for me this is interesting that lexy would now offer after what 5 years of service make the top level IS in awd.. if this car was around when I went to the G it would of been a close call -now no one really cares about this car and its a shame