Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Left lanePosts: 1,161
    edited November 2010
    i find it funny when you make comments- "naive" and using the term stealers.. dude take a step back and post something of value-- sure acura has great resale value- (we've all seen the acura commercials) but post some ALG website facts instead of again making comments that you heard from a commercial.. why does bmw offer comp maitaince programs?? why can you lease a 45K dollar car for 400 bux a month? (groundhogs day, good movie)

I hate to break it to YOU but CPO does include a copy of past maintenance -- give me you fax number i will send you a copy of the 07 crv cpo sheet that i asked for before i signed..i'm sure you returned a bunch of cars, and they were prob in good shape but computers now track maintaince. If your buying a 2-3 year old car you should expect a couple of scratches and minor wear-- its a used car..hello.

I know they are in it to make money--But they come with a warranttee and the check list of things done with the car to make it a CPO-- including tires, breaks, whatever and if something is needed it should be fixed--and if the consumer is smart they can have the car checked out before its bought.

Your right i sometimes zoneout when reading your longposts i'm sorry could be my OCD..but you have to admit your statements about all the cars you have seen i mean its pretty funny how you always have a story to discount the previous poster... all those cars with bad leather.. oh man
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    edited November 2010
    it doesn't include maintenance if you haven't had it done at the dealership and they DON'T TAKE THE FREAKING PAPERWORK that you have as proof when you return your vehicle back in! I have had it happen with Infiniti, MB, and Caddy. Acura was the only one who took my maintenance records when I returned the vehicle!

Here is your proof for ALG residual value since you have to be such a pestering noob about it! It will be interesting to see how you twist and turn this link and its information to suit your own purpose.

https://www.alg.com/ResidualValueAwards

Infiniti actually took the top spot from Acura who has had it for the last two years. Good for Infiniti.

Seriously, what is wrong with you that you don't get what I'm saying. I have leased many luxury vehicles and some of the makes don't even collect maintenance records. I didn't have the stuff done at the dealership. Even if a computer records it, there is no way for the computer to know what grade, type, content of fluids and/or gas someone is putting in.

I do have to say, that not all CPO's are equal. I know Acura and BMW have some stringent CPO standards compared to the rest. When I turned my Acura in, they wanted all my maintenance records which I happily gave them. Others, were much more lazy and didn't really care about the maintenance of the vehicle as long as it passed the return inspection and nothing was severely damaged (Infiniti, MB, and Caddy were the biggest culprits of this).

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black, you complain about the fact that I supposedly say ALL vehicles, when in actuality I say either MOST or SOME, which is not all and then you can't leave Acura owners alone b/c of your sour experience with them and that ALL their products aren't great and you can't figure out why people are choosing them over others. And again, I said MOST of the one's I SEE! Does that mean all vehicles, no, so stop putting words in my mouth and twisting around what I say!

I'm talking about the CPO vehicles I've seen on all the luxury manufacturers lot that have really worn, faded, sometimes severely wrinkled interiors. There are some that are not like that. I never implied that all CPO's are like that or said that. But there are some that dealers think are acceptable, when they really aren't and still put them out on the lot without doing a lot of cleaning and reconditioning to them.

I state facts man, unlike you, who sole goal on edmunds is to argue with people. :sick:
    edited November 2010
    another long post.. .you have a FOURLOKO before you wrote it. Nice work with the link - nice work with your wording making sure it was correct on this post. kettle black, nice touch..

How do you know that some Cpos are more stringent then others? does that include MOST, SOME or ALL of the Lux manufactures?

My past comments on acura are my comments- but those comments were backed with comparision tests -and performance numbers-thus having proof-- but I still hate the current styling, no doubt and i think the car is far behind in performance but ahead on technology.

you must have a lot of time looking at all those CPO on the Lux lots-- you happen to see a 2008-2009 335xi 6 speed with sport, nav andd premium package? how did the seats look?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    If ya'll want to continue the personal bickering, take it to email. I've had enough here, as I suspect other members who are - get this - interested in talking about CARS rather than each other.

Don't like someone else's posts? Skip 'em.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Anyway, back on topic before we went off on the tangent there, as I was saying, CPO is especially good on the German makes and makes more financial sense due to their higher rate of depreciation.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    ELLPS choice. If I was in the market today for an ELLPS, I'd headstraight to Acura for a TL SH AWD w/ 6 speed manual transmission.

Powered By Honda2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD

i think buying a CPO - either lux German, American or Japanese-- is a good idea if your looking to save on money and get a good car given the CPO programs.. not knowing any depreciation numbers and just knowing the MSRPs of the cars in this group I would also guess audi, bmw and MB resids are pretty close to acura, infiniti and lexus. (would love to know the actual 3 year val for each brand) With that being said for the pure dollar amt it would seem the cheaper choice would still be japanese and american, again just talking pure dollar amt.

https://www.alg.com/DepreciationRatings
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,759
    ELLPS choice. If I was in the market today for an ELLPS, I'd headstraight to Acura for a TL SH AWD w/ 6 speed manual transmission.

...as long as you value performance over ugly. And I'm a current TL owner (2005, though :P )
  • +1
    and the materials used in the vehicle are not that great. They do not wear gracefully.

I have a 2008 babied MDX with 20K miles (bought new in sept 08) but the condition of drivers side leather seats is not that great. Been in new TL (service loaner) and was not impressed

My 2000 Infiniti has aged more gracefully then 2008 Acura.

Having said that its best bang for buck...if thats what you are looking for.

I would look at Infiniti G or may be M.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    sanjaysdca - 20K on an '08 MDX? You gotta get out and drive more my man. We purchased my wife's 2010 TSX Tech at the end of August 2009 & she has over 24,000 miles on it already. The leather, specifically the left side bolster on the driver's seat definitely shows some signs of premature wear. Probably my one knock against the car (other than the fact that it isn't rear wheel drive & I'm not a fan of the electric power steering).

I just built a handful of these ELLPS during my lunch break. I configured each vehicle to the level of equipment on the TL SH AWD. Even at this price point, value has to come into play somehow. All cars have manual transmissions as I'd get.

Acura TL SH AWD - $43,445
    Infiniti G37S - $40,325
    Audi A4 2.0T Prestige (Metallic Paint, S Line Sport Package) $45,250
    BMW 328i $45,150
    (Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, iPod, Sirius, Xenon, HK, Nav, Met Paint)
    BMW 335i $52,200
    (Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, Nav, HK, iPod, Sirius, Met Paint)

The TL is deinitely the biggest car. So if you want performance, plus room for 4 full sized adults, and a generous sized trunk, the TL is your car. I actually dig the styling of the TL in it's SH AWD guise. It definitely has a presence about it on the road. I love the lip spoiler on the back & the faux quad exaust. The wheels look sharp. It gets fantastic reviews & write ups.

Your best bang for the buck in this segment is definitely the Infiniti. That's a whole lot of horsepower for your just over $40K sticker. They give BIG discounts on these too.

I think the A4 is a nice looking car, but am not sure if a 4 cyl cuts the mustard with it's $45K price tag. I know it is probably the best turbo 4 on the market, but it is still a 4. Good amount of passenger room, nice sized trunk.

Dynmanically, the BMWs are the best. Nothing comes close to the way a 3 series drives. $52K is a lot of money for a car the size of a Honda Civic. $45K is a lot to ask of a 230 hp car. I know it isn't about straightline acceleration & 0-60 mph times.