Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    That's a 996. I'd pass - especially at $40,000.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,690
    gorgeous color combo. I'd never buy a vert, though. Just not my thing to add weight and remove rigidity.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• stickguystickguy Posts: 15,672
    you talking about me or the car?

I would be happy with a coupe with a moonroof though. I could suck it up.

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (daughters college car)

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,690
    I'm not going there.
    :P

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

RE: My M3.

I got a call from my brother today. He's decided to be done with it and he's going to send me a check. My good friend is going to buy the salvage so it will be going to a good home and brought back to life for him to enjoy. He's also willing to sell me his very nice E30 325i.

I won't get my car back, but this is about as good an outcome as I could have hoped for.

Thanks again to everyone here for letting me cry on your shoulders. This thread has the best members on Edmunds.
  • sweendogysweendogy Left lanePosts: 1,193
    Tsx now Porsche in this chat - wow - when does the civic and hummer join?
    edited March 2012
    No, it doesn't work that way.

it goes TSX, Porsche, then Tesla, then GSX-R 750, then the moderator puts us back on track and we return to talking about how overpriced Bimmers are and how the G37 is a much better value...
    edited March 2012
    Your right I forgot the title of this room. Let's get back to talking about the 993. Makes sense- make up your mind,trade the tsx in- get a BMW or Porsche or keep the tsx you love.
    edited March 2012
    Actually, I did really like my TSX (6MT; Milano Red w/Tan interior), but I sold it in 2005.
    6mt nice shifter on those.. lets get back to 993 talk-- and your comment on being a better value is correct about the g37- its a better value then the bmw -no question about that.
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,776
    Tsx now Porsche in this chat - wow - when does the civic and hummer join?

Well, the Hummer is practically a tall sedan, and the Porsche now seats four, so a sedan can't be far behind...
    "no question about that."

Well, that settles it then. Lock the thread, there's nothing else to discuss here. ;)
    edited March 2012
    hold on..maybe we should use that same arb guy you are planning to use against your brother to settle the crash value of the M3-- sure that cat would make the right decision--

i hope you get the 24bux for the replacement wiper blades-- and 63 bux for the new floor mats you just installed on the m3.

what other car is on your list-- 998 or maybe the new abarth-- lets discuss
    Maybe I'll just hit rock bottom and settle for a G37. I'll have to move though because I couldn't let anyone I know see me driving it..
    edited March 2012
    Rock bottom - you mean when you have to squeeze extra money and threaten arbitration on a relative. I think the g is an uptick from that- you lose. Let's get off the Porsche talk as its not on topic.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,007
    Swapping out my current ELLPS (2010 Acura TSX) for another ELLPS (2011 BMW 328xi). I'm trying to get the most I can for my trade.

Dealer #1 (Pace BMW - Mamaroneck, NY) offered me $16,700 for my TSX.

I called another dealer (Wide World BMW - Spring Valley, NY) where my family has bought & serviced 5 BMWs (Dad '04 & '07 X5, Mom '05 530i & '08 328 xi, Wife '07 X3). Spoke to a gentleman who it turns out has been there since 2005. He's got what I'm looking for at the port. Asks me what I was offered for my TSX from Pace. I tell him they offered me something a little lower than I thought it was worth, $19,200. He told me his UCM pegged it between $18,500 & $19,100.

I'm going up there Tuesday to have them look at my trade & hopefully put a deposit down on my new 328xi.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

edited March 2012
    Really Sweeny?

Is that an attempt at humor that got lost in translation (I hope it was) or are you really that ignorant and callous?

For the record, my brother took full responsibility for the accident like an adult. He knows my M is irreplaceable and offered to do whatever it took to make things right.

I let him choose the course of action every step of the way. I spent valuable time and money copying every document related to the restoration and maintenance of my car and FedEx'ing it to USAA to try and increase the settlement. I told my brother we could hire and appraiser and take USAA to arbitration and likely increase the settlement. I told him i would pursue every avenue for as long as it took and let him decide every step of the way. I took all of these actions In a good faith effort to lesson my brother's financial burden.

He's a grown man and knows I went to bat for him as best I could - and in the end, all I'll have is a few bucks (not enough to replace my M) and an empty garage.

And now, if you don't mind, I'm going to stop chatting with you and go sit at the grown up table again.
    Listen to yourself - it's irreplaceable - dude it's a car, get a grip - and it's an m3 not a Lamborghini or worse his or your life - paper work, FedEx, claims. Who cares. If that's the grown up table - i have no interesting in eating what your cooking-
    edited March 2012
    You're right, it is just a car. I come here to talk about cars. This is a car forum.

Members here are adults and know the difference between playful banter and personal insults. Why then would you childishly try to insult me with a personal attack?

"squeeze extra money and threaten arbitration on a relative"

If that's what you think, that's fine. But keep you personal insults to yourself please. They are baseless have have no place here.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,547
    nyc....you're a BMW owner. I can tell it before you even take delivery..... :P

Wanna hear the outcome!

Fed.....happy for you that all this worked out in an agreeable fashion.
    Thanks graphicguy!
    Why not go "all in" and see if there is some 335xi demo that qualifies for the cheap financing and the rebates?

I got a speeding ticket for going 81 in a 55 on my way to work this AM (in my 201 hp, 4cy TSX). I would have easily been going close to triple digits in an N55 powered 335xi. $299 fine - ouch.

Thanks GG. Nothing is definite until I sign the papers. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I was responding to your rock bottom comment and having to move of you were a g owner. If you are that sensitive i might think twice before throwing jabs- especially when you tell the tale of the irreplaceable m3.

Again on a value alone basis the G is the better value, that has been my agrument all along- now this is tough for BMW and AcuHra owners to understand - I have never said the g was the better car- but better value when compared to BMW.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,693
    Sweeny why are you so augmentative and at times downright rude to people. Just because people don't follow what you think is right, doesn't mean it is wrong. The discussion in this group has an ebb and flow, right now a member of the group lost a car they enjoyed and loved, he was able to vent it frustration get some great advice, and will move on. I think if he went to the Porsche forum he would have gotten bombarded with a group of people like yourself. One side saying, Stay away from the 993, the 997 is a much better car because....... The other side would say, oh forget them, the 993 is far better then 997because.....

Why can't you accept that not everybody likes the G. It is not the end of the world.
    Hey NYC I believe all 2011 3 series will qualify for special financing even demo's... At the BMW dealer where I got my 2011 they have $4500 rebate money on all 2011 in stock even loaners.
    Sweeny again if people went with better value we all would be driving hyundai's, not BMW or Infiniti's.
    Correct about the value comment but those cars you mentioned are again not listed on the right side of the page. So my comment stands as written. Flight love your passion but you've one again landed on the wrong runway.

I hope NYC (who is on topic) gets a special "experimental" deal on his new 328, I enjoy reading about his experiance because it's relavant and has some value to this board. Plus the guy is trading in a TSx as well- could not have a better example - he's moving from one of the lowest rated cars her to the highest one. It's not M3 to should I get a Porsche-
    $4500? I wonder if that if for RWD models only??? I know of the $2500 rebate.

nyc this might be a leader ad or experimental sale situation- edmunds reporting 2500 per 2011 3 on the incentives page.- worth checking into for sure who knows- its march im sure most dealers are craving to loosen up