Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• oldcemoldcem Posts: 309
    I remember it well. Used to feed it to my 69 Olds 442. On anything else the engine would ping.

Regards:
    OldCEM
  • oldcemoldcem Posts: 309
    I ran across a Sunoco near Steubenville, Ohio, that had 94 Octane unleaded.

Regards:
    OldCEM
  • Hello, i was hoping someone could answer this question for myself and others. I have noticed that the "un-lock" portion of the button on the 2007 g35 is NOT illuminated but the "lock" portion of the same button is. Is this a defect or does infiniti not illuminate the un-lock portion of the button on the g35? Thank you in advance for the answer/s

I apologize if i am posting in the wrong section.
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    I had a rental A4 (FWD, 2.0T with CVT) for about a week and half, my impression of it is: blah.

First of all, I don't like the way CVT shifts, turbo lag is horrible, the car is floaty and has a lot of body rolls. Steering is also on the light side, which makes it drives more like a Japanese midsizer than an entry luxury sedan. The power is adequate enough I guess but low end torque could use a lot of improvement. Audi could learn from BMW about how to reduce turbo lag. Generally speaking the driving dynamic is not what I expected from a German car, even in a FWD.

I also don't see any of the "legendary Audi interior" in the A4. Material used although is not cheap but not among the leaders in its segment. MB, BMW and Lexus all utilized better materials in their own entry luxury sedans. However, the fit-and-finish is definitely among one of the best though. I believe the one I got has fake leather seats, they don't feel good when touched but is supportive and comfortable during long trips.

I guess next time I'll test drive an A4 Quattro just to see if the experience will be different.
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    I have an 07 G35.

My button is illuminated, but only on the front lock portion of the switch.
    The unlock portion is not illuminated.

Wonder why that is. :confuse:
  • m1miatam1miata Posts: 4,556
    Well I saw the new CTS today. I still prefer the original. New one is alright, just a little more bubbleous our the sides, a little more rake to the roofline, and lots of stuff going on up front. Looks like the photos. I guess it is suppose to look more macho, or whatever. It is parked next to a stretch version of same called the STS '08. I would say the best look by far is the old CTS of the three, IMHO. The interior looked way finer in quality, from what I could see, as they had the doors locked. The exterior is silver, and a bit dull. I would think a red may look more sporty, or a black one more sexy. The front is a bit much. To me the roof-line, front and rear deck look somehow less in per portion to the overall shape than it did before. You know that feeling like something is just not flowing right. Maybe take away the back doors, which are shorter, and make it a coupe would work better? And like I said, maybe in red or some other color it is more exciting. When people speak of stunning, I usually equate that to seeing something like a Jaguar sedan for the very first time. Heck, in this case I would say a twenty year old Jag is more stunning.
    Loren
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Is it me or the steering wheel looks big? The interior, especially the dash looks awesome though. Overall the car looks pretty good, if the Caddy designers toned down the massive grille just a little it can look much better. Still have to sit in the cabin and actually touch the interior before giving it my final judgment.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,895
    nice pics! I didn't think very much of the looks before, but your pics have made me notice some real nice details.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,569
    I really like it in red. The car IMHO really beats the pants off the STS. The interior looks more high end than the STS's for example.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Until you sit in the back seat and find your knees half way to your chin. :P
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    It looks very good - classy and aggressive at the same time. I like it.

If GM could have chopped 4" off the wheelbase and lightened it up by 500 lbs, it might have trumped the 335i :surprise:

Once again, GM puts in a good effort but misses the bullseye. Oh well, 2nd place is pretty good too.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    I'm sorry, but I guess I will never understand GM's styling philosophy.

Starting with a positive - the interior gets a "most improved" grade compared to the fugly GM interiors of yesteryear. But the steering wheel looks like it came out of a truck and my overall impression is that there was a committee of three fighting with aluminum, chrome and plastic to see who came out ahead.

But the exterior? Now we know where Mattel's laid off toy designers went when they outsourced production to China. Am I the only one that expects a Rock-um Sock-um robot to be driving this thing? And if that chrome guy thought he got shortchanged on the interior, he certainly made up for it on the exterior. The front grill and fascia is about as ugly as I've seen on any car north of $20k. Make that any car, period.

I'm curious as to what the Cd is for this bulky box. I'm not necessarily a fan of giving a wind tunnel complete control over exterior design, but this car looks like it would lose to a vertical sheet of plywood in "slipperyness". I recently saw where the Pontiac Solstice had a Cd of 0.45 (compared to a Boxster's 0.28) resulting in horrific performance and wind noise above 70 mph. I wouldn't be suprised if Caddilac borrowed those engineering geniuses from Pontiac and had them apply their skills to this slab of chrome and steel.

Sorry, there isn't a low enough price GM could put on this car that would ever cause me to give it a second look. The chrome guy won, but he's not getting a prize from me.
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,250
    Habitat, well said from my point of view. The interior looks like a "Trick-My-G37" and I can't get past the edged-box exterior.

Just doesn't do it for me, either.

Regards,
    OW
  • I'm sorry, but I guess I will never understand GM's styling philosophy.

Starting with a positive - the interior gets a "most improved" grade compared to the fugly GM interiors of yesteryear. But the steering wheel looks like it came out of a truck and my overall impression is that there was a committee of three fighting with aluminum, chrome and plastic to see who came out ahead.

But the exterior? Now we know where Mattel's laid off toy designers went when they outsourced production to China. Am I the only one that expects a Rock-um Sock-um robot to be driving this thing? And if that chrome guy thought he got shortchanged on the interior, he certainly made up for it on the exterior. The front grill and fascia is about as ugly as I've seen on any car north of $20k. Make that any car, period.

I'm curious as to what the Cd is for this bulky box. I'm not necessarily a fan of giving a wind tunnel complete control over exterior design, but this car looks like it would lose to a vertical sheet of plywood in "slipperyness". I recently saw where the Pontiac Solstice had a Cd of 0.45 (compared to a Boxster's 0.28) resulting in horrific performance and wind noise above 70 mph. I wouldn't be suprised if Caddilac borrowed those engineering geniuses from Pontiac and had them apply their skills to this slab of chrome and steel.

Sorry, there isn't a low enough price GM could put on this car that would ever cause me to give it a second look. The chrome guy won, but he's not getting a prize from me.

==========================================================

Brilliant!

That means it's working.

It polarizes, therefore it has a point of view. No more of this "Variations on a Bar of Soap" styling punctuated by a "let's copy BMW" when everybody panics at the eleventh hour looking for "the character line".

Cadillacs have never been for the ordinary, the bread-and-butter people (historically speaking).

Cadillac V-16 by Hartmann
    (1937)

Let us also not forget how Cadillac forced Mercedes-Benz to use the tailfin. That is what you call design leadership:

Created this:

That is what you call design leadership.

So, I am glad you hate it. That means it's brilliant.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    I guess the Aztec is "brilliant" also.

Judging by the pictures I also think they missed the mark.