Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• loucopitsloucopits Posts: 103
    Me to lawyer: "Is it true that you charge $75 just to answer a simple question?"

Lawyer to me: "Yes I do. That will be $75."
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,487
    Ditto-ish for my '05 TL. Premium gas, 5 slushy speeds, ~40miles/day commute mix of local/highway driving = 23mpg consistenty.

Tires rotated every 6k miles, but original Bridgestones gone at 33k miles, now on Toyo Versados (with Dunlop WinterSports in the, well, winter...). Regular pressure checks.

Yet I still want an XK. But, the Evil Wife wants a three season room. Gee, wonder who'll win. "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets!:" Name that tune (well, show/movie...).

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• circlewcirclew Posts: 8,251
    Damn Yankees/Kinky Boots.

XKR...Fughedaboudit for now...

Regards,
    OW
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    Welcome back, Mark. We've (or at least I've) missed you.

Let us know on this or some other board what's been going on, if you're that way inclined.

Going from the longest-post maven to missing-in-action is a jolt to some of us.

Either way, hope you enjoy your new A4. The A3 turned out to be my runner-up to the car I finally ended up with this time, the Acura TSX. I appear to have recovered from my RWD disease.

Good to hear from you.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,487
    "Damn Yankees"

Well done, Shoeless O! ;)

Yeah, I'm fuhgedinaboutit for now... :sick:

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

With rival BMW warming up to the idea of turbocharging in a big way, Mercedes-Benz is poised to embrace the technology across its entire line. “We will go turbocharging across the board on gasoline engines,” R&D boss Dr. Thomas Weber told Leftlane in an interview last week. “Even the next A-Class generation will get a turbo engine.” But that’s not all — we questioned Weber on a variety of issues, and got some very interesting responses.

The C will need new chassis pieces to handle this!

Here is the link for more.

link title

Regards,
    OW
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    I like that Post 11041...why didn't I think of that???
  • loucopitsloucopits Posts: 103
    Or this one:

Dr. - your X-Ray shows that you need major surgery.

Guy - How much will it cost?

Dr. - $10,000

Guy - I don't have that kind of money.

Dr. - OK, for $1,000 I'll touch up the X-Rays
    BMW is about to get trumped...

With as much horsepower as the coupe and 200 less pounds to carry around, a G37 sedan could make a compelling case for itself, especially against it's quicker main rival, the BMW 335i. Bonus's would be, quicker throttle response, smoother operation, and better fuel economy as well with the VVEL system.

Is Infinity loosing weight first???

All without Turbos???

Let's talk!

Regards,
    OW
  • joestylesjoestyles Posts: 2
    Have got problems with the fuse blowing all the time for my instrument display.
    Every time i switch my lights on the fuse blows,not only that i've noticed that i dont have any brake lights neither.All the bulbs have been checked & changed,& it's now doing my head in.lol.Am new to Beemers so don't know much about them really.Is this a common fault??? Could do with some help solving the problem. :(
  • ferozferoz Posts: 14
    I recently drove some of this cars and was very well impressed. I don´t know the series well so I have a few questions:

1). On 2000- 2004 models are there regular standard shifts in all models years?

2). On the secuential shift, can it also operate as automatic or dose it always have to work as semi auto? If so how dose BMW expect a valet parking to take the car? the shifter takes time and knowledge to be driven well.

3). On what model year did BMW introduce the secuantial shifter for 3 series
    coupes?

4). What dose the "sport" button do on the 2003 secuential shifter 330 coupe?

5). If this transmission (secuential) reliable? Is it delicate.

6). On all BMWs are the F1 series faster than the same engine on luxury trim? Are the F1 engines different?

Thanks!
  • Maybe the 1 with a turbo 4 cylinder will come to the US and A? If VW's turbo 4 can make nearly 300 hp, there's no reason BMW can't follow suit. RWD, lighter nose...hope, hope...
  • does anybody know what part or what kind of tunning they did to the 2004 acura tl that makes it 270 horse power and 2005-08 only has 258.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Same power - just tighter SAE standards.
  • what does SAE stand for
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    SAE originally stood for Society of Automobile Engineers, its scope has expanded a bit since then:

http://www.sae.org/about/general/history/

Best regards,
    Shipo
  • im trying to reverse the tighter SAE standards so i can increse the horsepower back to 270 bhp like the 2004 tl
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    The horsepower is the same. The way of measuring it has changed, that's all.
  • ok thanks alot. ive been trying to figure it out for the longest.
  • A reporter is looking to talk with consumers who have considered purchasing a luxury car in the past, but would not do so currently because of the economy, or consumers who have traded-in their luxury vehicle. Please send your email address and phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, February 6, 2008.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.