Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Yes, Nissan and Infiniti added the disposition fee starting in 2009.
    edited November 2011
    Good for you. Is that suppose to impress me? Doesn't mean my local Infiniti dealer offered it.

Also, take a chill pill and chillax. I only questioned one thing. Don't get all huffy about it.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,898
    You're the one that called anothers post "BS". That is like calling someone a liar. In civilized discussions people don't usually do that unless they really know what they are talking about. Obviously, you didn't. And if you read my post fully you would have noted that I said that not all Infiniti dealers may offer deals like this. Didn't say it made me special and why would I try to impress you anyway?
    ^ I think you just proved my point nicely, :shades:
  • hello all.
    i am looking to buy a 2012 TL with Technology Package. I drove both the FWD and SH-AWD versions, and there was no comparison. The handling on the SH-AWD was quite impressive. The FWD had more torque steer than my 2005 TL which is not surprising given that it has more horsepower and torque than the '05 had.

my question is could someone who owns a 2012 SH-AWD TL please tell me what mileage they are getting according to their trip computer. The EPA raised the MPG numbers on the 2012s, presumably due to the six speed tranny.

any information would be appreciated, as i am a bit concerned about fuel economy. i have not owned an AWD car before.

BTW the selling my '05 and moving up to the 2012 will be bittersweet. i have loved that car!!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,569
    edited November 2011
    Yes, Nissan and Infiniti added the disposition fee starting in 2009.

Okay, it must have been added to lease inceptions of 2009 or later as I say my son did not have it with his recent Infiniti lease turn-in.
  • Leased a G37X, last month.... $395 disposition fee on the contract through IFS...

Oil changes are $45 at my Infiniti dealer... for a 36K lease, we'll have four services... I'm guessing around $500 total for all four...

If the 30K service turns out to be outrageous, we'll just do an oil change then, or another 15K service... That's what I did on my Subaru... no issues with the leasing company on turn-in..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,052
    Way to go -
  • I am at 5,000 miles on my 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Advance. Mileage ranges from 20.+ around town to 25.6+ on trips between Cincinnati and Columbus (about 100 miles each way.) Car requires premium, but I haven't had a car in years that didn't, so that is no biggie.

I am at 30% of oil life left and am going to switch to Mobil1 5W-20 at the first oil change; I would expect a very slight bump in mileage due to that and due to the car reaching approximately 7,500-8,000 miles at the first change.

Coming from a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T quattro (6 speed tiptronic) -- I am impressed as my mileage is slightly better on the Acura and the Acura has 305 HP compared to the Audi's 211 -- the torque (max) is better on the Acura too, but, in fairness to the Audi, since it was a turbo, the torque was available at sub 2000 rpms -- the Acura has to spin a lot faster to reach its full torque.

So, net net: the Acura, IMHO, is not exactly a sipper of fuel, but it is damn close considering the power and the AWD system.

No complaints from me!

Drive it like you live. :shades:
    Seems like your getting Mpgs that match the govt and seem pretty good o me given the size of the car. Here's edmunds take -

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tl/2012/road-test.html
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,477
    I just had an opportunity to drive my BMW 335iS on an extended road trip. Approx. 700 miles over 2 driving days. Since I was curious, I filled the tank twice during the trip, both times at approx. half tank remaining. At the 2 fills, the car displayed 28.3 and 28.0. Excel calculates 26.9 and 27.2.

Much of the driving was Interstates [ typically posted 70 MPH and maintaining 75-ish ] or divided rural routes [ typically posted 55 and running 65-ish ] – with some ‘in town’ driving as well.

Currently at just over 2,000 miles.

Car: 335iS – trans. = seven speed DCT.
    EPA rating is 17 \ 24.
    Not bad, methinks, not bad at all.
    - Ray
    Unable to calculate the MPG for the 1,000+ miles in Europe, because I did not realize until I returned that 2 receipts did not include the number of liters purchased . . .
  • Markcincinnati
    thanks for the info. i appreciate it. i agree that the MPG is good for a car with that amount of power in an AWD version. I imagine the car's FWD bias is partly responsible for that, as is the V-Tec technology. I don't mind the FWD bias as long as the car moves power toward the rear in more spirited driving. The test drive I took proved it does just that.

The sales rep knew that I didn't like the amount of torque steer in the FWD model I had previously driven, so he suggested an open route with a lot of curves and he had me push the car to limits beyond what I would normally do with a stranger in the passenger seat. The car was rock solid throughout. i was really sold on the handling.

I have not had a BMW or an Audi, so I don't have a true benchmark comparison, but I can safely say the car handles much better than any of the cars I have owned in the past.
  • I have (correction, my wife and I have had) twenty-nine Audi's, three BMW's and two VW's since the mid 1970's. We currently have a 2011 Infiniti FX35 AWD Premium and a 2012 Acura SH-AWD Advance.

The Acura, upon first test drive (in a day with several test drives over identical routes and speeds, etc) was "close to" a 2011 Audi S4 Premium+ without any additional options (that is, it did not have the torque vectoring option called Sport Differential.)

Many -- myself included -- scoff or repress a scoff (that's me) -- whenever I utter or type those words. But damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a plumber, no wait, I'm a software guy not a professional car reviewer.

But there it is -- a $47,000+ Acura TL drives and feels pretty much like a potentially $59,000 Audi S4 (if they are equipped similarly the Audi's price shoots up, big time.) A serious Automobile magazine comparison of the two cars may not convice you that the Acura should be shopped against the Audi, but the numbers (produced and recorded for both cars) are not that far apart -- and it feels as if the Acura and the Audi are twin-sons of different mothers or something akin to that.

look here:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1008_2010_acura_tl_sh_awd_vs_2010_au- di_s4/viewall.html

In any case, I was driving a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige w/sport package and 19" wheels and tires with Audi Drive Select for Pete's sake -- and I wanted a new 2012 Audi. A reasonably well equipped A4 (not S4) could be had for about $47,000, so the Acura, at the price, seemed a good place to compare.

Problem was, the Audi came back at a 42 month lease point that was much higher than the Acura's lease point for 36 months.

Bzzz. A 4-cyc Audi w/211 HP (and it seemed smaller than the Acura) vs an Acura w/305 HP with every possible do dad that Acura throws on these cars?

Even the loyalty and "pull" of 29 previous Audis could not make me cough up the extra money (which would have been about $200 per month).

In any case, given an identical deal, I probably would have re-upped for the Audi (at the time, in fact, I am certain I would have); but the dollar done me in. Hell, at the time, for the exact same money, I probably would have gone for a Volvo S60 T6 AWD with a few option boxes ticked off.

Now, 5,000 miles later -- I am, I admit it -- very pleased with my decision and love to press down on the accelerator and be rewarded with great power and power delivered as if it were coming from an ultra smooooooth turbine.

The Acura TL SH-AWD Advance may not quite know what it wants to be, but for the time being it is the bargain of the bunch for performance and content methinks.

Still loving the Germans, but temporarily on vacation with the Japanese.

-- Mark

Oh yea, drive it like you live.

:shades:
    edited November 2011
    Glad you like the TL - seems like a nice rig and for the dollar is abetter buy then a loaded a4 but here is another review that's not as glowing.

http://m.automobilemag.com/reviews/editors_notebook/1106_2012_acura_tl_sh_awd_ad- - - vance/index.html

Here is an interesting blurb:

"I appreciate Acura's offering a manual transmission in the TL, but I was not nearly as enamored of it as my colleagues seem to be. Perhaps it felt a little out of place to me because I don't really see Acura as a brand for enthusiasts. Keep making your cars heavier, cancel the development of your V-8 engine, unleash the ZDX on the world, and it's no wonder enthusiasts are more interested in BMW, Audi, and Cadillac these days"

This is similar to what I wrote 3 years ago before I got kicked out of a tl chat
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,702
    "I appreciate Acura's offering a manual transmission in the TL, but I was not nearly as enamored of it as my colleagues seem to be. Perhaps it felt a little out of place to me because I don't really see Acura as a brand for enthusiasts. Keep making your cars heavier, cancel the development of your V-8 engine, unleash the ZDX on the world, and it's no wonder enthusiasts are more interested in BMW, Audi, and Cadillac these days"

That's nice, but you should separate the CAR from the BRAND. One poster says the CAR is 90% of the Audi. No arguments about the BRAND, but development of a V8, the existence of the ZDX have nothing to do with whether the TL is a good car or not.
    The article never mentioned the TL as not being good. Infact they said "When looked at side-by-side with the BMW 3-series, the Volvo S60, or the Cadillac CTS, the TL strikes me as mid-pack at best in terms of performance, refinement, and status and brings up the rear in the looks and sex appeal departments. Although this is a very good car, it lacks emotion and that intangible something that makes it more desirable that its competitors."
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,049
    edited November 2011
    I have no disagreement with anything either you or the professional reviewer said -- I have found, after some 5,000 miles however, that the Acura is more, er, enthusiastic than I would have, could have, imagined.

The overall brand, Acura, faces its detractors and challenges. By the time Acrua had a V8 in the market, "everyone" would be writing "why bother" as even BMW and Audi are moving to fewer cylinders and blown engines instead of naturally aspirated ones.

I give nor take any points away from Acura due to its lack of a V8.

It remains true, today, however, that Acura is typically not considered an enthusiast's brand. Some of this perception could change however now that Tony Stark is getting an Acura in the new Avenger's movie (who'da thunk he'd turn in his R8?)

:surprise:
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    You are getting right on target for your car. How long did you have to wait for your car to return from Germany? This spring we are doing the European Del on our 535i, the last time I did the Euro Del it took 7 weeks.