Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    E30 318iS?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    You're very warm... :blush:
    E36 318ti?

Oh, getting colder...
    1992 318ic

Pictures of the car taken by the current owner. I'm hoping to pick it up next week.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,413
    '92 iC? No Air Bag? Did they swap out the steering wheel? Is it a grey market euro car?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,108
    Hyundai become a sudo lux sedan brand? Is It a better lux sedan brand then Buick, caddy, Acura, Infiniti.

Jd power and consumer reports love the brand - pricing in line or better then group- strong engine choices and a range of cars not matched by most. Sonata, azera, genesis, Equus. Thoughts?
    Looks nice.... that isn't going to scratch that M3 itch, though.. ;)

• kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    Looks very, very nice.
    "'92 iC? No Air Bag?"

You know, I was trying to remember what year airbags / roller coaster seatbelts were mandated. You're right, of course - I didn't even notice.

Yes, I rechecked his spec sheet and it has an MTech 1 steering wheel listed.

It's a US car. One enthusiast owner, fanatically maintained. Only significant mods are 15" BBS RZ rims, E30 M3 springs/Bilstein struts, and the radio (which I'll ditch).
    edited March 2012
    Yes, it is a beauty KD. I've always loved the vert - wanted one since I was in college.
    edited March 2012
    "that isn't going to scratch that M3 itch, though.. "

No, it's missing about 100 hp...among other things.

It isn't intended as a replacement though, so all is well.

***Those offended by talk of Porsches and other sports cars please do not read any further***

My daughter turns 15 next month so we have been looking to pick up an inexpensive 3rd car anyways. I still want to replace my M with a Porsche, but until recently, I was pretty much limited to the 911 because we still need the backseat on weekends sometimes - usually not for 4 people but, I often used the M to shuttle the kids around.

Now that I have found another car with a backseat, I am free to look at 2 seater replacements for the M. I can get a 2009 Cayman S for about $20,000 less than a 2009 911 Carrera, so I'm even saving money.

It's a win-win. Even my wife agrees, so it must make sense. :blush:
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,108
    Congrats on the new rig
    The only reason I asked is because my '90 E30 325i had one.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

It was red too IIRC.
    It was red. Excellent memory. Good luck with it. Looks like it is in fantastic shape!

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,100
    Shhhhhhaaaaweeeeeeeettttt!

Love it.

Congrats!
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    Congrats on the new car..

BTW, the Cayman S is a great car, I like them better then the 911
    Thanks Graphic and Flight!

Cayman S is seriously on the radar but I also remembered a conversation you (Flight) and I had recently. 2002+ Acura NSX. Mmmmm, tasty.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    Yes, the NSX is one of my secret desires, for me the 2002+ is the ones to get. There are plenty of aftermarket companies to help increase the HP on the engine. Driveabilty is excellent, and the car continues to turn heads today.