Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,052
    Its also a good value - lawman sorry these BMW guys love to rag on others because they didn't spend 45k. Malibu also a nice place for vacation.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,106
    I didn't forget what you do for a living, just figured like the great Axle Foley that you "fractured an occasional law or two..."

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    Well, if it's that nice, why do you call it an M-F? :surprise:

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    edited March 2012
    Because to drive it on the weekends would be a betrayal of the public trust. :(
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,897
    Don't think he got it. :sick:
    If he would have said, I drive a M-F Malibu. I think he got what you were saying though.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

OK, now I get it. Phew, that one flew right over my head... :blush:
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,894
    flightnurse.....I just returned from a biz trip where I rented a Hyundai Sonata. Now, I've read about them, and seen them on the road. They're supposed to be the next great "Accord killer".

Well, comparing it to my 3, or even my Fiesta, the Sonata feels almost uncontrollable going down the road.

Fed....even those Malibu rentals handle better than the Sonata.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,892
    edited March 2012
    sorry these BMW guys love to rag on others because they didn't spend 45k.

Easy with the generalizations. I spent little more than half that. :P

I think any mid-sized front-driver is lame, I don't care the price. ;)

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    Hey Fed, I'm not too sure which version you have, but the rental fleet Malibu I have had (I only rent from National) hasn't impressed me, fit and finish not too good, creaking noises from the dash, transmissions that don't downshift quick enough. Now like I said, it just might be the fact it is in a rental fleet. I also get Ford Fusions, with either the 2.5L 4 or 3.0 6, I have to say nice car...

I currently have a Chrysler 300C, the more I drive this car the more I like it.
    Graphic the base Sonata's are horrible what do you want for $20K, however the standard features in the car are very impressive, I thought the same thing when I had one last year. I only rent from National, and at my elite level I can pick any car I want to drive, so if I see a Sonata and it's not a limited I pass it, I'll take a Camry instead.
    edited March 2012
    Mine's a Malibu Hybrid. The federal government bought a bunch of them in 2009 and 2010 to help with the Big-3 bailout. No squeaks or rattles in mine. The structure feels very rigid and the suspension has an almost European firm yet compliant feel.

There are three of us in my office. One of my partners got a Fusion Hybrid and it's a better car than the Malibu, but I find the seats uncomfortable and the engine a little unrefined sounding (and the CVT sucks - I hate CVT's). The third guy got a Chevy HHR - what a POS that is...
    I think it was the big 2, dont think ford took money from the AIFM. - they did receive a DOE loan to produce fuel efficient cars- so did tesla and the others. Have to like what the uS guys are doing with the loans- plus at 30% the government made out pretty good as well
    Swenny you are correct, Ford did not take any money, they just sold off Jag, Volvo and Aston Martin and mortgaged some property to raise the cash they needed. They have done very well for themselves..

I also have to give it to both GM and Chrysler they have done well too, I personally think that Chrysler has done much better in the quality game then GM.
    Some pics of my recently acquired 2001 328xi. Higher quality pics to follow. Took these pre dawn with my beloved iPhone:

Be forewarned. My recently acquired 2011 BMW 328xi is going to be very tough to replace in 30 months. This thing has set my personal bar extremely high. I don't wish to buy another car with electric power steering. I want it to be built on a RWD platform. Excellent driving dynamics, High quality interior materials, and refinement mean a great deal to me. Don't give me what I want, I'll buy my current leased car out, and you won't see me in a showroom for a long time to come.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,585
    should have just bought it in the first place.

I really need to stop torturing myself looking at the CPO listings at my local dealer. And I really need to stay the heck out of the showroom. Well, maybe just stopping in for a quick test drive. That couldn't possibly hurt, right?

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    I hear you.
    I will face a similar issue when my 3 lease runs out...
    One option is to buy this car.
    - Ray
    Wondering what the ELLPS landscape will look like in 1.5 years.......
    Seems like BMW is trying to become more "Mercedes-Like" with their tuning their cars toward ride comfort & Mercedes is trying to become more "BMW-Like" trying to make their cars more sporty.

I've yet to drive one, but if MB offers a C350 Sedan with 4Matic and Sport Suspension it may very well be the winner next time around. MB puts some serious "conquest cash incentives" on their cars as of late too.

I hope BMW figures out that electric power steering stinks and gives it to me how I like it! Like in my E90.

What are the Packages on the car again? Cost to you- and dealer