Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,106
    335 m pack for 2011 was that bundled with the performance pack? If not can you add the PP to existing cars thru the dealer / if so cost?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,099
    M package is seperate from performance package. One does not include the other. Performance Package is only available via the dealer. But, I've never asked any independent shop if they could do it.
    I have 9K miles on my 335i xDrive. Through one Fall, one Winter, and now one Spring, I really haven't noticed xDrive intervene once. And, I'm constantly flinging my car around in the wet, and none too slow either.

I consider that a good thing that I don't notice it.

I think I only had SH AWD in my previous TL intervene twice. Both times it was wet. Both times I was pushing the limits.

While I'm still not a fan of RFTs, the current ones (Continental) are worlds better than the ones on the '06 330i (Bridgestone).
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,162
    I think in my Volvo, the performance pack upgrade would involve switching to a bigger squirrel for the treadmill.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,148
    Or trading for the T5 you should have bought in the first place. :P

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,162
    No turbos for the kid. she'll be enough of a lead foot most likely when she is soloing (they all are!). So better off in a car where if you want speed, you need to work for it!

now, when I replace it with something for myself? different story!

the volvo though is not a speed demon, but it does cruise along just fine.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    my 2011 I'm getting 22MPG combined, my 05 I'm getting 22 combined also. Now on the freeway, my 05 gets 29. Now remember that the ZPH cars have a close ratio 6 spd tranny and lower read gears. I usually set the cruise at about 75. I haven't taken the 2011 on a freeway trip yet, heck I only have 4K miles on it too.
    Ok so last weekend we test drove two 335d's, both 2011, one was new, one was a CPO, the CPO had 7K miles on it. The CPO was fully loaded, the new one mildly optioned.

First off, WOW, it has been a while since I have had 400+ Lbs of torque. I can see having to replace the rear tires often on it. The 335d drives like a typical 3 series, sure footed, solid feel, vault like. The CPO had the sport package, so the rear tires are wider then the fronts. Over all very impressive, both cars drive well, of course the non sport packaged car road a little smoother, but nothing to deter us from not getting it.

Over all, very impressive, the MPG is better then my 2011, not too sure if the added price is worth the mpg difference.

Now on a side note, when we came back from the last test drive there was a couple looking at my 2011 (thinking it was for sale.) It seems the guy been looking for a 328i with the M Sport Package with a manuel and he can't find one.

Now if BMW would bring the 3.5l d in the 5 series, then we would have been sold on the car.
    328 m pack with the manual- very select car in sedan form.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,401
    Well, after driving 340.6 miles using just over 15.5 gallons of Premium I averaged just over 21.9 mpg. This is using the cruise a lot to keep the car at 60 - 65 (feels like its crawling), and shutting the car off at long lights.

Tomorrow AM it will be back to driving the BMW like I only have it for another 28 1/2 months:)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Are you the same guy arguing why thr tsx should be in this category a few months ago?
    Yup, that's me:)

The TSX was a mighty fine automobile, but my BMW is just on another planet. Besides my brief drive in a G37X (which was very entertaining to say the least), I haven't driven anything other ELLPS lately. It's like trying to put Trevor Hoffman & Mariano Rivera in the same category.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,475
    Really? I get 23-24 mpg not even trying to hard on my daily commute (65% highway at 60-80 mph, 35% city). On interstate at 75-85 mph I get 28-29 mpg. Even in Germany, going 90-100 mph (normal cruise speed there if you don't want to be pushed to truck's lane), I got around 23-24 mpg. It is really amazing how they were able to achieve such high mileage on the highway with that six.The mileage admittedly plummets to 18-19 mpg if I do all-city driving.

This batch you drove must be a lot stop-and-go, if you got that trying so hard.

BTW, I'm glad you like deep sea blue. I do to, I got one ;) Actually, it was my third choice. I wanted crimson red, but they discontinued it for 2012 wagons, so they did with montego blue (a little brigther). But when I saw my car on the pedestal in Munich, I immediately fell for it and forgot about my first choices. One downside - you can see every dust particle on it :cry:. I don't like washing my car this frequently, my previous cars were less susceptible to show the dust than this one.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

Don't forget my 328xi sedan (AWD Automatic) is hauling around some extra weight compared to your 328i sports wagon (RWD Manual). I think even in dry conditions, my car is sending 5% of it's power to the front wheels. My car is only rated at 25 mpg. Your wagon also has the sport suspension which lowered ride height helps with better mileage.

You've got excellent taste in colors. My wife's (2 cars ago) 2007 X3 was Montego Blue. It was gorgeous. She got tons of compliments on it. It did show every little spec of dust, almost as bad as a black car. Every time we see a Montego Blue X3 or 3 series, she gives me the "HMMMPH" and "The Look" because her Acura TSX was black followed by her Pilot which is Polished Metal Metallic (the Bali Blue only came with Grey Leather on the EXL NAV).

If I were to factory order my car from the factory Id most likely get Deep Sea Blue. The Crimson Red & Sedona Red are nice colors too.

With my 328xi, it was a leftover & I was more concerned with options (Xenon NAV) than colors (as long as it wasn't black).

Actually, not to be misleading, but the performance package (335i) can be set up at the dealer....OR, if you order from the factory, it will be delivered with your car already installed.

It was like that for the '11s. Not sure about the '12s.
    Poor Mariano
    The great Mo Rivera WILL BE BACK. Throwing his cutter & breakin bats!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    Doubtful..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Dino the Euro car's are geared differently, or was this your personnel car on the Euro Delivery? When I did the Euro Del on my 05, the best I got in Germany was 18. I was not going to have a Opal pass me on the Autobahn..
    What does the Performance Package consist of? Since the Twin Turbo 6 in the 6 Series and 7 Series makes 315hp, Will the 3 series w/ PP make the same HP?