Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    NYC I belong to RoadRunner chapter, and have many friends in the San Diego Chapter. I also belong to BMWMOA (motorcycle club.) The BMWCCA is a great club to join, lots of info and great discounts.
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,108
    edited May 2012
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,420
    Good read sween. Thanks for posting the link. Shelby's death is indeed sad news, for auto enthusiasts everywhere.

On another note: Let's Go Rangers!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    Who is this post geared at?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Hm... first post, post makes no sense, has an insult directed at an unidentified member... yeah, I don't think we need that one in here.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    When I read the post I figured it was a typical post to stir up the pot, it wasn't worth it.
    I like when people stir the pot- why do you think this is edmunds most popular forum ?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,101
    So, I know this has turned into something of a BMW love fest. But, I have to admit that the paint on mine is outstanding. I detailed it Saturday (once/Spring, once/Fall). Not one chip....even after a year of driving it. Still looks great, too (black metallic). Impressive!
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,593
    Still looks great, too (black metallic). Impressive!

Take care of it and that paint will look great for years to come. My 2001 330Ci is black (sapphire) metallic and still gets compliments after 11 years and 80,000 miles. ;)

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

I would hope it would look outstanding, it's a year old- dont know how impressive that is but congrats on no chips-and it's a BMW lovefest for sure- people love everything about, only thing people question is price- see new guys post - oh wait that was deleted.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,150
    Mine is that black metallic/sapphire but doesn't look so great after 3.5 years and 48k miles. Plenty of stone chips and a few scratches. The PO wasn't nearly as caring as you. :sick:

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,708
    Yeah... I think the previous owner of my '06 model lived near a gravel pit...

He had touched up the chips with the wrong color red... I had a body shop clean them up and re-touch up with the correct color.... still... not that great..

Other than that, the paint looks fantastic.. (so, squint and only look towards the rear.... of the car)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Very nice Graphicguy. Nothing like doing a nice detail job yourself. Hard work, but I LOVE the results. My Griots Garagd Random Orbital makes the job so much easier;)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Speaking of BMW love. My wife had a training day for work so I took the day off to watch my kids (good thing my Dad is my boss). So by default, I got The Pilot for the day. My wife took my 3. At dinner tonight she asks: "So do you want to take the Pilot to work tomorrow?".

Me: "so you like my car then? I'll let you take it once a week. I haven't driven it since Saturdsy, so I'm taking it tomorrow.

edited May 2012
    Nyc....I have used Zaino for years. I'm thinking it's time to get an orbital buffer, even though the Zaino is easy on and off.

How do you like that Griot unit? Is it the big one or small one?

Andys....I do take care of my cars, in and out.

Q...is your a Midwest car?
    I have the bigger (6"?) Griots random orbital. It DOES NOT swirl. I have a pic on my phone of my former (black) TSX's hood after I waxed it with the orbital. You can see the clouds reflecting from the sky clear as day. All the griots products Ive ever used work as advertised.

Nyc....thanks. I'll check it out.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,593
    Q...is your a Midwest car?

Nope, my 330Ci is an Arizona car. The ultraviolet can really play havoc with paint out there. I can't take credit for the condition of the paint since I just bought the car this winter.

I'll take the credit for the great paint on my E39 528iA which I keep in NH. I've had it for 8 yrs and the Steel Blue on it is in great shape thanks to frequent detailing and regular waxing. Despite living on a dirt road, there are hardly any chips.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

Graphicguy - if you want, make your email public or drop me a line and I'll send you the pictures.
    lcs
    at
    Gmail

You could wax & buff 2 cars in the time it normally takes to do 1.