Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    edited May 2012
    Dino and Sweeny = Funk and Wagnall?
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Yes, the two most common typos I see people make is Acrua and Infinity. It is Acura and Infiniti people, it's not hard!

Let's see if we don't see a couple of Leuxs going on before long, :P
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,106
    No infinity typos on this board according to a 6mth search I just ran.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    Dino, my iPad loves to auto correct words it not sure of, so it changes the words on me, I guess I should add ACURA to the dictionary so it does not change the words...
    How dare you not spell check before posting!

You sir are banned from Carspace for 10 minutes!
  • wirelesswireless Posts: 47
    lawman, how's the Porsche treatin ya?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    I see a lot of Rouge.... substituted for Rogue....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

The Porche is alsulotely fantastac! I shoold have gottan won yeers ago!
  • greg128greg128 Posts: 336
    i herd those cars are real quite and have reely gud breaks and dont brake down
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Typical Porsche owner.... ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• wirelesswireless Posts: 47
    How do you think it's going to hold up? Heard horror stories about the service visits. Have you had it in yet for a routine service.
    edited May 2012
    Parts and service are expensive, but service visits are infrequent with proper care. They are built like tanks and very reliable if taken care of. Quality is just amazing - they are simply one of the best built, most durable cars on the road.

I can't speak for modern Porsches, but in my opinion, air-cooled 911's were purpose built to go fast and be driven hard. 911's that sit and sit are the ones that break down. Drive it often and hard and it just asks for more. Mostly hand built, pre-996 911's were designed to last a lifetime if properly maintained.

The key is preventative maintenance. I was careful to buy a one-owner car with complete maintenance history. With regular scheduled service, I expect my 911 will outlast me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKBiyu81oPM&feature=related
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,106
    Loved the video- Narrated by Patrick Stewart (actor)- no key holes segment very informative.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,092
    Cool video....really liked it. I have a business colleague who is a huge Porsche-maniac. While he really likes my car, he still goads me that I should buy a 911. Maybe....someday.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,393
    Fedlawman - my Mom has a 2011 Cayenne & I am absolutely blown away by how well it is screwed together. Every little detail is perfectly thought out, from the exhaust note @ start up to the metal seat adjustment controls. I haven't driven it, but the ride is perfectly taut & crisp.

To keep the post on topic, I do wish Porsche would come out with a car in this ELLPS segment.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

edited May 2012
    Taut and crisp is a great way to describe it. It's like how you buy a new car and it feels so solid and tight with perfectly damped steering, suspension, shifter, etc. Then a year or two later, you're driving along and you think how it's still great, but it doesn't have that new feeling anymore. Well, my 17 year-old Porsche feels like that new car - I can only imagine what it felt like back in 1995.

I suspect that Audi has the ELLPS segment pretty much locked up for Porsche. Porsche would have to make a car that sells for under $50,000 (OK, the Boxster starts at $49,999 - or whatever), and that just won't happen.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,092
    While I haven't been kind in voicing my opinions about Mercedes, it looks like they are actually throwing a legit contender into this field. While I thought they were taken the C class in the wrong direction by having a performer even more tepid than the C300 in the C250, they also have announced a C 350 coupe (even available with 4Matic). I'll be interested in reading some reviews about it.
    My father had a 73 911RS, fun car to drive, however, I never knew why the starter switch was on the left side of the dash, that was until I saw the video... Make sense. Of course the racing community would complain about any advantage a manufacture would have (Porsche with the left side starter switch) , just like they complained about the advantage Audi was having with AWD (winning the Trans-Am series its first season competing), and Ducati was having with the V-Twin.
    Hey Fed, have you decoded your option list?

http://www.kindel.com/porsche/options/options.asp