Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• m6userm6user Posts: 2,897
    edited June 2012
    Electric Power Steering. One can tolerate in a CUV/SUV but for a sports sedan it has to be done really well. Acura's isn't done really well, just ok. When Mazda can do electric steering that is excellent there is no excuse for Acura not doing as well or better.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    m6user - I had the opposite in my garage. The TSX ("sporty sedan") had electric power steering which I detested. My wife's Pilot (SUV) has hydraulic power steering which I most definitely prefer.

The EPS is one of the main reasons I dumped my TSX after only 2 1/2 years.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,896
    kd....Gs are fine cars. Like KYFDX, I've tried to like them more, but just can't. And, I don't particularly know why.

I read an article the other day (can't remember the source, though) stipulating that Honda is becoming arrogant.....that they believe they know better than their customers. That's a slipper slope, if true. My experiences with both Hondas and Acuras has been sterling. All models offer good value, and performance/tech/reliability/build quality....again, especially for what they cost.

ILS....I haven't seen one yet. I doubt seriously I'll drive one in the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, while I doubt I can talk her into it, the GF has agreed to go test drive an S4 tonight. She's been driving my 2nd car (Ford Fiesta) and seems perfectly happy in doing so. That said, she's got an Avalanche and a Subaru gathering dust in my driveway. Hmmmmm....I wonder if an Audi dealer would be interested in those?

Never drove the V8 S4. From what I understand, the SC V6 is faster with better MPG, though. I do love the way it sounds, too.
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    "Gs are fine cars. Like KYFDX, I've tried to like them more, but just can't. And, I don't particularly know why." -Ditto.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    To me the G with the wood accents reminds me of a BMW drivers interior. The aluminum belongs in the convertible, not in the sedan.

The TL is too busy on the inside, too big on the inside, too ugly on the outside and has a bigger turning radius than the competition.

Having said that I consider the G and TL equals. Each one has something unique for the driver.
    edited June 2012
    kd.....one of the advantages of the TL was the room on the inside. It had some really good seats, and I loved the way the steering wheel felt, too. That's what I liked about it. Trunk space was a little disappointing given the car's size, though. I think we're going to have to get used to buttons upon buttons on all cars. The ones in the TL took no time at all to master. Plus, most everything in the car could be accomplished either from the steering wheel or via voice command.

Again, I like the G. Just not enough to spend my own money on one.

Well....GF and I did a nice long test drive in the S4 last night. She liked it. I loved it. I didn't get the sense she liked it enough to pull the trigger on it, though. If she would get rid of both her vehicles ('04 Subaru and '05 Avalanche), she'd actually save a bit of money on insurance, and have no repairs (which are becoming more and more common on both vehicles recently). After I made the financial case, she's thinking about it.

The one we drove, wicked looking black on black, had Nav, B&O stereo (very nice), 7-speed s-tronic (love that trans), and driver select driving customization with a torque vectoring rear.

As good as my BMW handles and goes, the S4 does both better.

MSRP was mid $50s. To add to the sticker shock, it was the first 2013 they had in stock, so no discounts. We can't have that.

We'll see where this goes.
    Somebody hacked your email

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    I did drive 3 S4s, before settling on the BMW.
    There is much to appreciate...
    - Ray
    Still - happy with my choice...
    kd - Id love to drive an M5 too. In all honesty, how fast can can you realistically drive it on public roads? I often find myself doing 80+ (so the speedo says), then stab the throttle to pass and triple digits come up real quick. That's with BMW's base 3.0L, 230 hp Inline 6.

nyccarguy.....Yeah....I've been inundated with folks who thought I was selling miracle medicine while in Indonesia. If any of my friends here received that email from me, my apologies. I've notified my email provider. Again, sorry!

ray....I like my BMW, too. I want both the S4 and my 335i :P .

But, I don't want to own both. GF likes AWD/4WD vehicles. She's also said she doesn't need two vehicles. And, she's been complaining about spending what seems like $200-$300/mo in repairs on both cars (which is why she's currently driving my Fiesta).

So, trying to "nudge" her a little bit towards the S4.

Clearly, I like it a whole lot more than she does. But, she does like it!
  • your soooo right about the G35 I love mine!!!,and it is quicker than the BMW similar model,and it's a whole lot less!!!, I have 52,000 miles on my G35 and I LOVE IT!!,will not buy a BMW,or any other car!! :)
    Getting a little scary, GF was looking on line last night and found an S4 she liked, although it's about a 5 hour drive away in Chicago. She's getting a quote from the dealership, supposedly. This could be getting serious.
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,052
    Good for you- yeah the pre 2012, 328 is priced inline with the g37 - has less standard features- fake leather- and a old technology ( pre 2012)- and is as fast to 60 as a jeep wrangler. One thing you can't knock is yhe looks- BMW ages well
    Decided to take a weekend trip to Chicago. First stop is the Audi place after breakfast. Lunch at Debevics, Adler planetarium, a show, and dinner. We'll see what we drive home.
    Nice! Can't wait to find out! I saw a gorgeous S4 (w/ the SC V6) last night. Black with some beautiful gunmetal wheels (they were stock). I dig it!

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Nice! Audi has the styling of this gen nailed. Upscale, aggressive yet tasteful. Like rolling art - inside and out.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    I drove a RS4 last night, all I have to say is WOW. Anyone interested in a 2005 330ic with the ZPH package fully loaded, and a 2011 328i with M sportpackage! Never drove a car that would make me sell the 330.. However, I never drove a RS4...
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,430
    How did you get RS4? Did you go to Germany to drive it? I'm asking because as for now, there is no RS4 for sale. There is S4. RS4 is one step above, they sold it in the US a few years ago, but not very recently. Last time it was 2007 and 2008.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    He didn't say it was new.. ?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs