Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,412
    Ha!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Very true

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,593
    In my defense I'll remind everyone that the codes I used in the reply to a post were probably the best known in the BMW world E39 (5 series 95-03) and E46 (3series 99-06). I know I'm not the only one who believes they may be the best Bimmers ever, they hark back to the Reitzle/Pischetsraeder era when the Japanese were chasing BMW. Now it's the other way around.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    I just got an email from my dealer in regards to a special edition 2014 TL.
    Does anyone have any details on this?
    I hope its not all special stiched seats, special color seats, paint job or badging.
    If they beefed up the torque, power, suspension and nicer wheels, probably that will arouse my attention.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744
    According to the Temple of VTEC, it's keyless access, push button start, 18" wheels, lip spoiler and SE badging:

TL Special Edition
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,108
    Hear they are adding another foot to the grill and putting more chrome everywhere as well. Also spec is they are going to expand the name even further - Acura 3.7 Tl - sh-awd sde (super Dupper edition) .
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    I just got an email from my dealer in regards to a special edition 2014 TL.

Will it be based on the platform of the 2009-2013 models? Sorry. Don't know what the code number was for these years' cars, otherwise would use it here.
    edited June 2013
    Xrunner - come on all real Ellps guys know the Fourth generation code as UA8-UA9, silly. Knowing honda products they use this car as a filler car- a car that appeals to the masses- so they can sell more of them- it usually has more features then the base but its not a marked out edition as "special" would indicate. It's based off the UA8. Shame they didn't make a type -s edition. Most enthusiasts agree the UA6-UA7 was the best edition of this car if equipped with type -s and 6 speed.
    Most enthusiasts agree the UA6-UA7 was the best edition of this car if equipped with type -s and 6 speed.

So my wife has a 2007 TLwith a lot of miles on odo and does not like the styling of the current GEN. So, she has a UA6-UA7. She has had TLs - a 2001, 2004 and 2007 currently. When I log off, how should I ask her how she likes her UA6-UA7 compared to her previous 2001 UA what? She has had the UA8-UA9 for loaners a couple of times and besides the styling was not impressed with these. So, am I in sync with the "required" vernacular on this thread?
    edited June 2013
    I'm happy to clarify, for your wife she had the Second generation (UA4-UA5) this was for her 01. I'm sure she would agree the current car is vastly superior, while a lot heavy and not as attractive.

the 04- the 07 was part of the Third generation (UA6-UA7)- this is considered the creme del la creme of the TL cycle thus far- infact the 07 and 08 were the years to get as they upgraded it a bit- the TL-s came with brembos and other goodies and is best of breed of all TLs. For future reference- even if they are rarely talked about First generation (UA1-UA3 and current is the Fourth generation (UA8-UA9), current gen has lost it's audience and is well known as the beak.

Hope that helps.
    OK. Just checked with wife. She is kind of an enthusiast driver through the years as observed by me in her driving in the twisities locally and in challenging roads (not interstates) around the country on vacation trips. She has selected and bought American branded performance cars in the past. She said she has never heard of the UA designations for Acura cars. She does know the difference between Acura TL vintages 1999-2003, 2004-2008, 2009-2013. Does she need to know more with regards to peculiar factory coding?
    peculiar factory coding is for ultra- enthusiasts which I am not, sorry
  • scwmcanscwmcan Niagara, CanadaPosts: 393
    Nice joke thread about codes for the model years guys
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    If that's the case I will hold on a little longer to my 2009.
    I will probably go German next but time will tell.
    Sorry billy. This special edition TL is nothing more than an appearance package according to edmunds.com

"Honda's Acura Division reported on June 3 that it sold 12,434 Acura TLs year-to-date through May, a drop of 15.3 percent compared to a year ago."

Yeah TL sales are around 40% of the peak sales years ago- this beak issue was never addressed the way they quickly fixed the civic- shame car was very attractive to the segment. Unfortunately now it's only attractive because of massive discounts- the looks are just to over the top ugly. I remember in 08, 09 and 10 when I got banned from an acura TL forum because I was questioning it. My point was Acrua had lost it's way- graphguy and nycitycarguy and smarty666 all over me for saying the current TL has been a disaster, and that both Buick and Hyundai were making huge strides catching Acura. Thanks NYC for reinforcing my point 4 years later, I also like the fact that both NYC and Graph now troll German,'smarty is Mia, I'm still banded but no one looks at that board anymore.
    Those TL Type S' still bring stupid money used. I don't know what they are crossing the auction block for, but do an autotrader or cars.com search and you'll see quite a few of the 2006 (not sure if 2006 or 2007 was the 1st year) -2008 TL Type S' listed for mid - high teens with over 100K miles.

Does anybody have the actual TL sales numbers 2004 - 2008 to compare them with the TL sales numbers from 2009 - 2013?

Wiki has those numbers
    OK. My wife had the UA4-UA5 (BMW and Mercedes afficionados should approve of my detail) 2001 Acura TL. When the 2004 came out in early Oct 2003, we both test drove it and she said she had to have it because of its improvements in handling and of course styling. That would be the UA6-UA7 factory codes. About 3 years later, because she puts lots of miles on her cars, she then wanted to upgrade to the 2007, which was still the UA6-UA7 vintage as long as I would take over her 2004 UA6-UA7 car and put up with the high mileage. Since her purchase of the UA6-UA7 (2007) both she and I have had occasions to have loaners of the UA8-UA9 gen 2009-2012 when our cars needed routine maintenance beyond simple engine oil changes. I noticed, just as C&D and other testers, that steering was kind of weird. OK. Now, with a lot of miles on the 2007, and 2004, will Acura come out with a new maybe UA10-UA11 in 2014 or will it be in 2015, that will look great and have improved handling, etc, to entice us to stay with Acura.
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,475
    edited June 2013
    They have pricing detail on bimmerfest for 328 diesel, sedan only so far. It is $1500 more than gasoline. This may actually work, for first time. There are no EPA mileage numbers yet, but depending on driving style and type of driving, but looks better than ever, especially for a highway driving. Seem like they really want to sell diesel in numbers, for first time.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.