Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

1823824826828829860

Comments

  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590

    @andys120 said: Pretty limited choice of colors! Three shades of grey (including black sapphire metallic which is really a very dark grey), two whites, a red that's not as vibrant as the old Imola Red and an odd blue.

    My three fave are Mineral White, Estoril Blue and Black Sapphire. I like that BMW brought back the Oyster Interior. For 2013 BMW really screwed up on the sport and M sport interior colors...

  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,367

    @flightnurse said:

    Funny you posted this; I was messing around with the Volvo site a few days ago building a V60. I like the idea, but imagine its going to be small in person when it comes to cargo space.

  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824

    @flightnurse - glad you finally made it! I happened to be trawling some old BMW lease posts today and came across your previous posts, and thought, "wonder what happened to him?" And here you are! Welcome back. Your assigned profile pic is goofy. :)

    MODERATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590

    @tifighter said:Funny you posted this; I was messing around with the Volvo site a few days ago building a V60. I like the idea, but imagine its going to be small in person when it comes to cargo space.

    The article stated it is bigger then a Jetta Sportwagon, the BMW wagon is slight smaller then the previous V70. Only time well tell.

  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590

    @Kirstie@Edmunds said: flightnurse - glad you finally made it! I happened to be trawling some old BMW lease posts today and came across your previous posts, and thought, "wonder what happened to him?" And here you are! Welcome back. Your assigned profile pic is goofy. :)

    Thanks Kristie, the pic was assigned by Edmunds... It's good to be back.

  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,367

    @flightnurse which is funny because British reviews say the V60 has less cargo volume than the 3 wagon or the A4 Avant. Different measurement methods perhaps.

    Better question is, will label-conscious shoppers buy Volvo at all when they start coming from over the other ocean?

  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590

    @tifighter said: flightnurse which is funny because British reviews say the V60 has less cargo volume than the 3 wagon or the A4 Avant. Different measurement methods perhaps.

    Better question is, will label-conscious shoppers buy Volvo at all when they start coming from over the other ocean?

    Wasn't that said about VW being built in Mexico, most buyers aren't aware of this, of course you will have the die hard fans who will know this. Time will tell.

  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744

    @flightnurse said: Wasn't that said about VW being built in Mexico, most buyers aren't aware of this, of course you will have the die hard fans who will know this. Time will tell.

    On another forum, this topic came up. Some people claim that BMW dealers have to discount South African built 3's much more than German built ones. Any truth to that from the experts here?

  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,100
    edited January 19

    BMW makes cars in Africa and are discounted more here as a result? I wonder if most know how labor actually is perceived in Germany?

  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590

    @robr2 said: On another forum, this topic came up. Some people claim that BMW dealers have to discount South African built 3's much more than German built ones. Any truth to that from the experts here?

    No So African built 3 series are sold in the States.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,692
    edited January 19

    Our 2003 3-Series was assembled in South Africa. I don't recall it being worth any less.. ;-)

    IIRC, most of the 325i models destined for the U.S. were assembled in SA, while the 330 models mostly came from Germany.. (then....no idea about now). I haven't heard anyone mention it, in years..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,593

    Both my older Bimmers (2000-5er) 001-3er have s/ns beginning w a W (Germany).

    2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744

    @flightnurse said: No So African built 3 series are sold in the States.

    BMW SA exports about 40K 3 series to North America and is increasing production for export according to some articles I've seen.

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,419

    I'm not sure where my car was built & its too damn cold outside to go & check;).

    2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,304
    edited January 20

    My 2009 E90 328i is an SA car.

    2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590

    @roadburner said: My 2009 E90 328i is an SA car.

    Is it really, interesting, mine was built in Germany.

  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,476
    edited January 20

    My 2012 328 wagon was built in Munich. Since it was European Delivery, it would make no sense for them to build one in SA, move it to Munich, let me pick it up and then move it to the US again.

    I really doubt the amount of discount has anything to do with country of assembly for majority of deals. I suppose once in a while there may a customer who will complain and may receive a "consolation" discount, but I don't think those are statistically significant events.

    2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,174

    My guess is a fair number of BMW buyers don't know which wheels drive the car and very few have a clue about where they are built.

    2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,420

    @stickguy said: My guess is a fair number of BMW buyers don't know which wheels drive the car and very few have a clue about where they are built.

    Aside from pickup truck buyers in Michigan and Ohio, I don't think very many people care where their vehicles are built. I don't think they'd even know where to LOOK to find out.

    MODERATOR

Sign In or Register to comment.