Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew Cafe

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    Story, remember the hidden gas cap on 1950s Caddy? They were under the left taillight! You had to push the little round reflector (button) at the base of the taillight to release it, then flip the taillight up to find the gas cap!

Also, a lot of 50s cars used to hide the gas cap behind the rear license plate. The license was on a spring-loaded mount.

Bob
    I saw only the headlines regarding Lutz and cladding. The full story is only available to e-subscribers, which I'm not. :(

Bob
  • lucien2lucien2 Posts: 2,984
    Man, that dude is heading down a one way path to revolution. And when it comes, the new guys are gonna have all those shiny F-15s and AWACS to play with........
  • lark6lark6 Posts: 2,565
    I actually like the hidden gas cap idea, even with the locking gas caps that are becoming the norm on modern cars (but not - ahem - on my Forester). I also liked having the filler in the rear center of the car, as on my first car ('66 Mustang) and my hobby car ('63 Lark). Safety aspects notwithstanding, it allows the driver to pull up to either side of the pump.

Ed
  • jimmyj1945jimmyj1945 Posts: 141
    Good point Ed. I always thought the ones behind the license plate was neat!

Jim J.
    Whenever you pull in to a busy gas station, the only available gas pump is on the wrong side of the car, in terms of the gas cap location...

I often wondered why there isn't a gas filler/cap on both sides of the car? Remember the old Jag-u-ar sedans? They had two gas tanks, with a filler on each rear fender. My father-in-law had one. He hated it, as it had Lucas electrics controlling the tanks. Need I say more...

Bob
  • jeijei Posts: 143
    They are on the 3rd of 4th page of the 1/18 scale Performance series. Quite an impressive roster. Try entering:

http://www3.autoartmodels.com/pages/oldpage/perfor3_1.htm

John

I'd love to be able to see those in person. I wonder if they'll have a stand at the NY Auto Show, up in top floor "Freak Show" area?

Bob
  • jeijei Posts: 143
    There were a few vendors upstairs who had a good selection of models. Wall-to-wall & hip-deep with people. "Freak Show" area covers it...

John

P.S. I'm planning on going Saturday April 6
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    So, does this mean no more OT threads in the Meet the Members topic?

Ken
    that will be the case. If they do occur, just direct them over here.

Bob
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    That is where I get my Guinea Badges for my cars, can never find them anywhere else!

-mike
    1. Okay, so what goes into "Meet the Members" now?

2. paisan: please define "Guinea Badge."

Ed
  • storytellerstoryteller Posts: 476
    I used to drive a Caddie like that Bob. It gave me a smug sense of satisfaction when the gas pump jockey had to come knock on the window because he didn't know where to put the gas. Not a problem I've had lately!
    If you look on the back of my trooper it's the small Flag of Italy reflective badge that I have on the back. :)

-mike
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    ....I'm just here to fill the creamers and start a fresh pot of coffee.

Krispy Kreme, anyone?

lark6: Meet the Members will be the spot for new people to introduce themselves and/or get directions to discussions to post their questions. Also, the place for general Subaru talk.

Don't be surprised to see our roving host, Kirstie, checking the counter here for the next few days. I'll be out of town till next Tuesday.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

MMM I could go for some KREM and KO right now :)

-mike
    You bet, man. A Southern icon moves North and conquers. Many a long study night at UGa and Emory fueled by KKs. Such anticipation driving by the big store on East Ponce de Leon waiting for the "HOT DOUGHNUTS NOW" neon sign to start flashing. They need to get the store in Penn Station back open, at least before my next trip into NYC.

paisan: That's what I thought a "Guinea Badge" was but I didn't want to make any assumptions nor ethnic slurs. I live in a largely Italian neighborhood and see a lot of those. I use the term "guinea" to describe guinea fowl, the small, chicken-like birds that my grandparents had on their farm for eggs and meat.

Ed
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I figure the Baja has about $320 worth of cladding on it. Bag it and give us a 5th cog on the auto tranny.

My dad's Buick had the gas cap behind the license plate. I agree this is better - get gas on either side, no waiting in lines.

Bob: BOTH sides? Now that is just plain dumb.

Karen: I love KK donuts, but no thanks, gotta lower my cholesterol. Doc has me on a diet!

-juice
    In just it's first day, this thread has already made Edmunds top 10 discussions!

Bob