Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Owners - Meet the Members

2»

Comments

• capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 793
    Kingswarrior,

In all likelihood, the tires are the weakest link when it comes to load carrying capacity.

Here's what you need to do.

Find the vehicle placard. It will list the original tire size and the proper tire pressure for that size.

Then look at the 18" on the truck now. What size are they?

Post those 3 bits of information and I'll give you the answer to your question.

But from the beginning, I'll tell you that if you exceed the rated payload of the truck it will negatively affect the warranty. Any problem that can be traced to overload - and that covers a lot of territory - will be cause to deny warranty coverage.
  • Hi, thanks for the help. info is: whats on the truck now are 18" max load 2271 lbs..P265/60R18 109T M&S. 35 psi..................... Original tire size says: P255/65R17 ..17x7SJ. 35 psi. ...........front GAWR 3450..rear GAWR 3800. also, may sound like a odd question, but is there any advantage to having the 17 " tires? I am sure, I would have to go to an set of 17" rims, to do this. and since this truck has paperwork stating a slidein camper is NOT recommended..(although dealership said its fine)...does it affect warrranty..EVEN if I stay UNDER the payload limit? Seems like if I stay under payload, and dont mention the camper, I should be fine? thanks.
  • Hi, still looking for some answers, if anyone can help. Thanks. :confuse:
  • hi im new here. I have a 91 f-150 with a 5.8 in it. i'm not sure if it has the windsor or the cleveland in it. someone told me its the cleveland but i think it the windsor. Only problems i've had is with the ignition elctrical system. i replaced that an it runs good. i would like to add some more power but i'm not sure what i want to due. if anyone has a truck like this with power upgrades let me know what they are and how u like them, thanks
  • Hello after over 163,000 miles my ball joints need to be replaced I have never needed a repair manual to fix anything on my truck before but before I tear the front end apart I would like a manual can anyone recommend one.
    Thank you,
    jay
  • Hello everyone, my truck engine acts up at any rpm's over 2500 it carrys on like a gas engine with bad wires, farts, cracks, backfires. I changed the fuel filter and added all kinds of fuel treatments. Anyone else experienced this problem? The engine has 172,000 miles.
    Thank you,
    Jay
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Hi Jay - you'll probably get faster replies in the Ford F-Series Powerstroke Diesel Problems discussion. This is more of a meet-and-greet area.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • hi all
    I am the proud owner of a black 93 and a white 94 first gen lightnings also have a 97 F350 psd 4wd and have just did a trans swap from an E4OD to ZF 5 speed.
    I just love that body, best lookin one in my opinoin lol.
    hope i can help anyone. look forword to meetin you all
  • My son just brought a F350 diesel truck and we are trying to locate an owner's quide for it. Do you have any ideas about where to locate one?
    thank you
    barry
  • I am the proud owner of a new 2009 F250 V-10. After doing a lot of research, I have figured out that the MOD industry is ignoring gasoline engines for Diesels. I love my V-10, but as funny as it may sound, I would like to find a way to increase my gas mileage. Can anyone advise if Bully Dog or any other product is available and would it help? or should I have bought a ..umm..Toyota?...cough...cough...no. Thanks.
  • I own a 2003 F 250 6.0L Diesel Power Stroke. The truck has left me stranded 5 times in 297,000 miles. 4 times were due to injectors and once for the oil pump. I depend on a truck in my business and Ford has let me down. I also own 8 F-150's with the 5.4 L gas engines and have had great service. Several of the 5.4L are over 300K in miles. But as far as Diesel trucks I believe Ford screwed up when they abandoned the 7.3L. I have a fellow contractor with 30 Power strokes 2004 thru 2010. Half of them are in the shop with injector issues. I grew up a Ford fan and am considering the Duramax Allison combo for my next vehicle. If I could get a Ford truck with a Cummins engine and an Allison transmission I'd buy it.
  • I haven't heard anything good about the 6.0 yet. I have an old 95, 7.3 turbo and love it. Of course I only have 204, 000 on it right now.
  • breezy4breezy4 Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2010 F150 king cab XLT. It has the 3v 4.6 with 6 spd transmission 4X2 . It is my first Ford product. I have put 7500 miles on it in 10 weeks. It is a pleasure to drive. I have three main complaints. I continue to accidently touch the set+ button on the cruise control the way I hold my hand on the steering wheel. I think the buttons shoud be reset in the steering wheel. Twice I have surged forward when I did not expect it. I have trouble in the rain with the lights on seeing the dash instruments. I feel the back lighting is poor. However, my biggest complaint is that there is a speed limiter control. I was not aware of this and when the truck suddenly slowed - no brake lights. I am lucky the car behind me was paying attention. Also a code is set in the computer so the service folks can tell you were at the limit I have since found out that every Ford vehicle has it and they do not publish this range for their vehicles. Even the service manager did not know. He had to get Ford engineering to answer and they wouild only give a range where it would occur. I was surprised when it happened.

On the plus side, I feel the gas mileage is a little better than I expected, the fit and finish is very good, the truck is reponsive on the highway and the ride is smooth and quiet. I find the seat very comfortable and it has a great exhaust sound. The radio is one of the better ones that I have had from a factory. I am also very pleased with the dealership in Panama City.
  • bigbutrbigbutr Posts: 111
    I too live in Panama City and was wondering about your dealer experience. I have talked with them a couple of times with very little pressure. Did you get a good deal on the truck? I'm still trying to decide what truck I want, but am leaning heavily (with wife's help) to the F150 XLT SuperCrew. I appreciate any feedback you can give me.
  • dlajrdlajr Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 f350 crewcab 4x4 dually 7.3 powerstoke 4.10 gears and i get 18 to 19 mpg when running just truck hwy when i hook up to 52ft long gooseneck that weighs over 8000lbs empty it drops to 12 or so but am still real happy with performance use alot on farm and also some commercial i hear the new 6.7 is supposed to be an excellent motor am waiting to see how they fair
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,850
    If you now own a Ford F-Series but previously drove a Chevy or GMC truck, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 8 2010 and indicate which year and trim level Ford you bought.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jwrowejwrowe Posts: 1
    I purchased this F350 on 3/8/07. Current odometer reading is 36,589 miles. This is my fourth Ford truck and possibly a fifth, that being a 2013 F350 Diesel.

Does anybody have information on the new Ford 2013 F350 Diesels? Or know of a website where I can find out what Ford has planed for 2013 trucks?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    There will probably not be any information about the Ford Super Duty line until the Texas State Fair in September. 2013 production is not starting until late October... and the Ram HD line is waiting until January; they will extend 20012 production well into the fall.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,176
    A reporter would like to speak to a loyal F-150 owner who is considering replacing his old truck. If you have owned F-150s, think it may be time to replace your aging truck and would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 8 a.m. PT/11 a.m. ET.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2»