Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Hybrid

Comments

• sander1234sander1234 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know the name of the artist in the Civic Hybrid song with the cartoon birds?
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    Single dad, got two kiddos whom I transport daily. Insight only a two seater - but I would love to have one if only :shades: it sat three !!!
  • jmhybridjmhybrid Member Posts: 4
    I am experiencing similar effects from the FCD on my 06 Civic Hybrid. So much so that I took it to the dealer for the problem. After two days of discussion between dealership and Honda, Honda now states that there is a defect in the FCD, and that they are working on the problem. Apparently, it is an issue with the instrument cluster and not a sensor. They stated that they do not have a fix for it at this time. I, however, now have a reference number and a case number with Honda. It's not your imagination (or mine).
  • jmhybridjmhybrid Member Posts: 4
    Honda admits that there is a problem with the instrument cluster FCD on the 06 Hybrid, however, there is no fix at this time. I have been issued a reference number through Honda to have the problem fixed as soon as one is available. Honda is working on the problem.
  • duwayneduwayne Member Posts: 3
    Why are you filling up the tank to the same exact level each time you fill up? I am currently experimenting with manually calculating mpg versus trip meter mpg, to check accuracy of trip meter. I also see meter spike on occasion - but I agree with you - it's no use getting fixated on the gauge. Particularly if on a couple tanks of gas my manually calculated mpg math and the trip computers math are in sync. :P
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Which of the following best describes why you own a hybrid?

a) to make a statement

b) for the tax credit and other perks

c) because they’re environmentally friendly

d) to save money at the pump

e) to be the first to own new technology

Please submit a few sentences to support your response no later than Friday, January 27, 2006. Be sure to include your Forums username. Thanks! (wclarke@edmunds.com)
  • ddfreetddfreet Member Posts: 5
    Sorry to be Johnny-come-lately on this, but have a 1 week old 06 Civic Hybrid, and would like to know what an "FCD" is. Thanks, Dave
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    FCD=Fuel Computer Display
  • fkamlafkamla Member Posts: 3
    I have a couple of questions for all of you engineering/physics gurus.

1. The HCH comes equipped with 15" wheels as opposed to the regular Civic which comes equipped with 16" wheels. My instinctive thought is that this must be more efficient. And yet, this doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that the larger wheels would have less rolling resistance and for every rotation of the drivetrain, the 16" wheels would have moved you farther than the 15" wheels.

2. The HCH comes equipped with a 1.3L gas engine, while the regular Civic comes equipped with a 1.8L gas engine. I wonder how much of the improved MPG is directly attributable to the smaller engine rather than the electric motor assist.

Thoughts?
    1. You are right about leess rolling resistance with larger wheel size. I think the trade-off was that the 15" wheels were very light weight.

2. Yes a lot of the mileage is from the smaller engine. In dicussions a long time ago with some other hybrids the mileage increase due to the smaller engine was around 30%. Also in the past Honda would put a really tall gear on the "HF" or "FE" models and gain another 15%. The CVT has a pretty wide ratio already and the 15% might or might not be there. If Honda offered a ICE only 1.3 liter engine and it gained 30% over the 1.8's EPA of 30/40 in otherwords 39/52 and could be produced without the hybrid cost bogey, what do you think it would do to HCH sales?

Cheers,

MidCow

P.S on FCD; some also call it Fuel Consumption Display.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Increasing size of wheels usually decreases mpg. Increasing wheels size and decreasing tire sidewall size is done to increase handling and for visual effect.
    Larger wheels in general are heavier than the smaller wheels they replace and this results in greater rotational mass. The amount of weight in motion is far more important than rolling resistance.

If you purchased the hybrid civic for sporty handling and bling bling looks then chrome 18's with spinners is what you need. :shades:

If you purchased the hybrid for mpg, then stick with 15's. Borbet LS or CA would look decent and would not have the center cap of the OEM wheels that is susceptible to damage and loss over time.
    Yeah I put 10" wheel on my car that only weigh 7 OZ. They spin like crazy but at 100 mpg who cares.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Yeah I put 10" wheel on my car that only weigh 7 OZ. They spin like crazy but at 100 mpg who cares.

How much do the wheels weigh and what type of tires do you have installed?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    The 195/65x15 tires and wheels have the same rolling diameter as the 205/55x16 wheels and tires on the LX and EX. Period. The greater diameter of the larger wheel is offset by the lower profile of the 55 series tire.

The wider tires have more rolling resistance and drag, and therefore negatively affect fuel economy. Thus, the choice for 15" wheels with "taller, narrower" tires over 16" wheels with a wider, lower profile.

It's well known in the business that wider, lower profile rubber is good for handling, and not good for fuel economy. Weight is a function not just of the tire, but of the wheel - which is why the Hybrid gets the lightest combination in the line - 15" alloys.
  • davem7davem7 Member Posts: 35
    Report card:

miles driven: 12,509
    gallons used: 249.4
    LMPG: 50.1
    geography: Western NY
    driving style: very conservative, not your "go

with the flow" type driver, you'll see me in the right lane of the interstate with the cruise at 60, rarely exceed 70.

repairs: one flat tire
    car strong points: fuel economy, tight ride
    weak points: takes too long for car to warm up
    so that Auto Stop engages(this has
    been reduced 50% with block heater)
    mpg tripmeter useless

Overall satisfaction: high
  • pro2rpro2r Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone else out there bothered by the headrest position on the front seats of the 2006 HCH?

I feel like the headrest is pushing my head forward... it's not very comfortable. :confuse:
  • juggler1juggler1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm fine with the headrest. One of my roommates however doesn't like the head pushed forward headrest and prefers sitting in the backseat instead. :)
  • jim314jim314 Member Posts: 491
    My wife's 2004 Volvo V70 base model (ca 3500 lb curb wt) rolls on the base model 195/65-15 Michelin MXV4 Plus tires with a max infl pressure of 51 psi, but the V70 tire sticker recommends only 38 psi for max load. I run them at 38 psi. The EPA highway est for the '04 V70 was 30 mpg, and we get that or better at 70-75 mph with the a/c on.

In 2005 and 2006 Volvo has lower profile tires (I think 205/55-16) on 16" wheels as the base V70 tire/wheel, and the EPA highway est was 28 mpg. This supports the hypothesis that the 195/65-15 has lower rolling resistance than the wider, lower profile tires on the next larger wheel. These two tires differ only 0.4% in overall diameter.*

The degree of "openness" of the wheel can affect wind resistance. In the Tour de France time trials (solo racing) many cyclists use a solid rear wheel instead of spoked. The air flows smoothly over the solid wheel. They don't use this on the front because of control problems due to cross winds. During group racing they use spoked wheels front and rear because the extra control is necessary in a group, and wind resistance is much less of a factor because riders draft off each other.

I'd say that Honda picked the stock wheel for the HCH for very good reasons. I would learn to like them as being designed for a specific function--fuel economy.

*Calculations
    195/65-15 overall dia = (195mm)(1in/25.4mm)(0.65)(2) + 15 in = 25.0 inch

205/55-16 overall dia = (205)(1/25.4)(0.55)(2) + 16 = 24.9 inch
  • 2mnycats2mnycats Member Posts: 11
    Got what is probably a stupid question, but I can't find this info anywhere and the salesperson at the dealership didn't know (not a good sign)! I was test-driving the HCH and was trying to find the display that tells you in real-time what mpg you're getting (like the Prius has)... but she couldn't find it. Is the only way to do this through constantly using the trip odo?? :confuse:

Thx.
  • rysa4rysa4 Member Posts: 9
    On the upper level gauges, the one to the left factory defualt is engine temperature. But by pressing the correct button on the lower dash to the left of the steering wheel, it switches to an instantaneous MPG readout. Very cool and a great tool to teach how to drive the car to get maximum mileage. Its the button with the little temp flag on it near the one that says sel/reset that does the trip odometer switiching ( but it isnt that button).
  • mcap56mcap56 Member Posts: 48
    Had the same problem in my EX. It just takes a few weeks to get used to an dnow they are fine for me. You almost come to appreciate having it that close for safety. It is easier if you recline a bit. Also, if you are really stuck you can swap out the headrests from a 06 accord which don't protrude as much. I can't say what effect the change will have on safety. It's at your own risk. I have an accord headrest because I thought it would be a problem. I have never used it.

Marc
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I think the 06 Civic headrest was designed to protect in a rear end collision. That is why the Civic was one of a very few that received a "Good" from the Insurance Institute.
  • jim3mwjim3mw Member Posts: 2
    I got ripped off at Lia Honda of Northampton, MA. They lied to me at several points when purchasing the car, and I had no way to check the information at the time. They told me I'd receive a tax credit, but it was a tax deduction (in 2005) - amounting to $1500 out of my pocket. They also told me 2005 was the last year any tax breaks would be in effect - when in fact the breaks in 2006 are better. I've tried to work it out with them, and they told me to go take a hike. DO NOT shop at Lia Honda of Northampton MA (www.liacars.com) - they have no respect for customers. By the time I'm done paying for the car, it will cost me almost $30K.
  • davhandavhan Member Posts: 21
    I thought that it might be interesting to post a discussion on the new 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid from a country "other" than the USA.

A note from down under (Australia)!

Hybrids have been in Australia for some time now - over 10 years in fact, but for the most part they have been purchased by local councils and utilities. We had the Honda Insight first, then the Prius and now the 2006 HCH. However...with gas prices rising from $6.00 per gallon to $9.00 later this year, interest in hybrids is really starting to grow. Not so much on the environment side of things...the air is pretty clean down this neck of the woods, but more for saving money.
    I've been reading all the posts I can from around the world, and without doubt the US is the most active.
    At this point I'd just like to say that I recently purchased a 2006 HCH, with which I am extremely happy. It amuses me greatly when I read a negative report about hybrids, saying that they don't get great fuel economy. Well gues what, if you drive like a maniac...you won't. It's nice to drive a fast car from time to time...and feel the power, but these days there's not really much point. You see, in Australia we not only have radar, but we have fixed (in a parked car) and mobile speed cameras - and cameras at nearly every intersection. Like crime...speeding dose not pay in Australia!

Anyway...back to the HCH. My last car was also a Honda, the Accord 2.4l. A very nice car indeed. But I seemed to be always driving so gingerly to save money on gas that it made me wonder why have a car that can go so quickly. So I then started looking at smaller engines...1.8...1.5...1.3 etc. At the end of the day the Civic seemed the best bet. Now when you do all the sums...especially here in Aus with gas at $6.00 per gallon, the difference in price between the HCH and the standard starts to look like not that much.
    And now that I am actually doing a few miles I've got to say that this is a really nice car. Surprisingly quick off the mark, well appointed, quite, handles well and regularly returns in excess of 50mpg in very heavy freeway and city driving - I'm one happy camper.

Reading the US forums you seem to be very spoilt for choices, and expect a lot from your cars. This is the way of the future and things will only get better (although they're pretty good now.

Just think how your little grips about this and that with hybrids will pale in insignificance when gas hits $7-8 a gallon. Tell me then that they won't be the best thing since sliced bread. Higher../.much higher fuel prices are on the way, and things won't be going "back to normal".

Nice talking to ya!
    Reading the US forums you seem to be very spoilt for choices

Greetings to you,
    I am glad you like your new HCH. It seems to be quite popular in the USA as well. I for one have felt Australians were the ones with the choices. You can buy a midsize or small PU with a very economical diesel engine. There are many in the US that would love to have a smaller PU that gets 35-45 MPG on diesel. I guess we just wait and be envious of our neighbors that have all the choices.
    Have a great day down under.

PS
    A close friend is leaving tomorrow for your great country. He is doing a series of piano concerts in Perth.
    Isn't it funny how the grass always seems greener etc.

Yes you are right. We have a very good selection of PU's (Ute's - utilities) to choose from in Australia. It just always appeared that the US had a larger...or different range of cars with better features than in Aus. It is also true that we have a large range of small diesel engine cars too. Although diesel engine cars are not that popular to to perceived problems with noise and polution.

I mean...after all, we've just got inflatable rubber tyres and refrigerators!!?

No, seriously we do have many differnt models to the US.

Perth is a beautiful city, and I'm sure your friend will enjoy it greatly. Get him to try a pizza. Australia seems to be more famous for pizza's than Italy!
    Perth is a beautiful city, and I'm sure your friend will enjoy it greatly

I am sure he will. I would love to spend a couple months visiting your country. Everything I hear from those that visit is positive. Have fun with your new car.
  • filmlabratfilmlabrat Member Posts: 13
    Well, gee, nice to hear to hear from other than Cranky Yanks!

I've had my 2006 HCH w/nav for about a month now and am enjoying it. My previous car, a 2002 Honda Accord V6 was a real treat but I decided that it was just time to go green. My wife has a 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid and she said that she would no longer sleep with me unless I was a hybrid kinda guy. Okay, you win, darlin'.

It was a bit of a shock to go from 3.0L to 1.3L but I'll live. Actually, it's rather entertaining to play with the MPG meters and relearn how to drive. I live in Los Angeles and that is rather hard to do here.

Usually, in aggressive LA traffic, I get about 36MPG. One morning I decided to try a maximum economy run to work (about 7 miles away) and ended up with 59.8MPG. This stuff is very educational!

My biggest gripe is the slight yellow tint to the windows. Okay, call me the Princess and the Pea, but it bugs me. It makes everything look like a smoggy day in Los Angeles. If I wanted everything to look yellow, I would be a pro-smog advocate. Carcinogenic hydrocarbons, OH YEAH!!!

Cost of gasoline is a really silly reason for buying a hybrid these days for most people. At the yearly mileage I drive, it's gonna take about 20 years before I break even! The real point is that the world is just plain gonna run out of gas and unless we want that to happen real soon, we all better come to our senses.

When we do run out of gas, it's gonna take a really long time to take a solar powered blimp to visit you in OZ. The world is going to be much different! Mel Gibson, Road Warrior, true story yet to happen???

One interesting car thing that those not in the US get to enjoy is early introduction of new models. Japanese car makers often try out new models in places outside the US to see how they work. Before the Toyota Celica was introduced to the US, it spent 7 years being tested in Japan, Australia, and Canada. So those in OZ probably got to try the HCH before anyone in the US.

Bit of a chuckle while we're on the subject... the other day I walked to lunch near where I work in Hollywood, California. I passed a parked Hummer H1 Turbo. The personalized California license plate read "7 MPG". I don't think you'll find the owner on this forum.

Have fun, be safe mate.
    Yes...it does seem in some instances that other parts of the world get access to models before the US. In fact the very first testing ground is New Zealand. Can't quite figure out why, but there you have it.

Like you, I have some VERY heavy traffic on my daily work commute. 30 miles each way...and very congested. Nevertheless I'm averaging 50mpg (5.2 litres per 100 kilometres). I know...it's a stupid way to look at fuel consumption, and I still prefer to think in mpg. Also...remember that there is a difference between the imperial gallon and the US gallon. Even so...not bad. The HCH is really teaching me how to drive for best consumption. The instant MPG readout is great, and helps to encourage you to have a very light foot on the gas.

Without doubt...petrol is running out and will get more expensive. We are now receiving reports in Australia(almost on a daily basis) that the massive reserves of oil that we were all led to believe existed, was a lie! There is some hope with ethanol from sugarcane, which we have heaps of in northern Australia.

My previous car was a Honda Accord 2.4l, which I really loved, but I guess the drop in power was not as much as yours.

I must say that I hadn't noticed the tinting of the windows, but I have now had them tinted anyway(like most Australian's - it's very hot in the summer over here!)

My wife has a V8 Landrover Discovery, but it is on LPG (Liquid Petrolium Gas), and runs quite cheaply.

Happy driving">

:)
  • othervoicesothervoices Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know when the 2007 Civic Hybrid will be available? DH and I are in the market for a Civic Hybrid, but were planning to wait until August and figured by then we'd probably be looking at the 2007 model. August is about the longest we can hold off on replacing his car, but if the 2007 model won't be close to available, we may as well consider doing it now with the 2006.

Even if we do wait, does anyone know what the new features will be? We've heard there will be some new color choices, but don't know what they'll be. No chance they'll be a sunroof option or leather interior, is there?
  • williaea1williaea1 Member Posts: 4
    Honda rarely does anything different in the second year of a car. I would expect the same feature set - and I don't know about color choices. Highly unlikely that either a sunroof or leather will be available. I'd vote for just getting one now as they likely won't be doing much different

Eric
  • othervoicesothervoices Member Posts: 3
    Okay, but correct me if I'm wrong, this isn't the second year, is it?

I had a feeling a sunroof or leather would be asking too much. I think DH would be disappointed if we went through with the 2006 and then found out it was being offered in black or red in the 2007 model the very next month (those are his top color choices, I actually kinda dig the magnetic pearl that's out now).

I'm surprised I can't find any info on when the 2007 model will be available.
  • ski49ski49 Member Posts: 3
    Leather may actually be in the future for the Civic Hybrid but due to the weight involved with a sun roof it is highly unlikely that it will become an option. Neither will a power drivers seat.

You get only 15-inch wheels and other weight saving items in order to keep the weight down and the MPG up.
  • williaea1williaea1 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, 2007 will be the second year of the new Civic body style. As far as colors are concerned - your guess is as good as mine. Honda is ALWAYS very tight lipped about what they are doing with the next model year UNTIL it is introduced. They don't even tell the dealers much before the general public is told. Good luck with your search.
  • jcookejcooke Member Posts: 2
    I enjoyed your message. We have a new HCH and it is the smallest car we have ever owned. In the past we have usually driven Chevy Impala's. We love the milage with this car. We now have over 11,000 miles and have averaged 48 miles per gallon. It is a fun car to drive and we love the navigation system. We also decided to get the XM radio since we have one in our truck and had had one on the last two Impala's. Very steep price for this option ($770.00) and it doesn't work well at all. The antenna is placed on the inside of the windshield and I think this is the problem. It will loose its signal about 15 times form our house to the Interstate (8 miles). We have complained to Honda but nothing changed yet. My truck has a small magnetic antenna thats about 1/5 the size of the Honda antenna and it works perfectely. We would purchase a car like this again. We had already planned to purchase a large (Buick Lucerne) after my wife retires in a couple of years, however, we have already decided to keep the Honda for at least the 150,000 miles that the batterys are under warranty.
    If you lose XM signal there is a problem. The only time I have lost XM signal with the radio in my GMC PU is in a tunnel. It was factory installed. Was yours factory or dealer installed? I would dog them. That is about twice what they should have charged in the first place. I would never get another vehicle without XM.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national finance magazine is looking to interview current hybrid owners who purchased a hybrid within the past year or two. The reporter is wanting to know if you have been satisfied or not with the gas savings you’ve been receiving. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Saturday, June 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PT/8:00 PM ET containing your daytime contact information and the make and model of your hybrid vehicle.

------------------

A national finance magazine is looking to interview consumers who are looking to purchase a hybrid vehicle and are looking at it from a financial standpoint, hoping to save money from the high cost of fuel. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Saturday, June 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PT/8:00 PM ET containing your daytime contact information and the hybrid vehicle you are considering.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • slanislani Member Posts: 5
    Only way to make buying a hybrid a winning financial proposition is to buy one that is over 2 yrs old in excellent shape.
    Just like my 2002. Insight that I am selling right now...
  • rkratzerrkratzer Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2003 with 12,000 miles. A dealer can sell me a 7 year/100,000 mile new car warranty for ~$2,000. That would effectively give me 4 more years/88,000 miles. Would that purchase be a good idea?
  • hot_georgiahot_georgia Member Posts: 51
    "Only way to make buying a hybrid a winning financial proposition is to buy one that is over 2 yrs old in excellent shape"
    Buying a used car is the best financial decision regardless of what you buy, and is not hybrid specific.

If you are saying the more expensive hybrid option will not pay for itself is not necessarily true either.

A person who usually takes short trips would take longer to recover the $ difference vs someone with a longer commute. It also greatly depends on how the vehicle is driven and other conditions such as terrain, etc.

rkratzer I was also offered the additional warranty.
    I didn't think it was a good deal.
  • jonallenjonallen Member Posts: 30
    If you are at all observant, you will notice that hybrids offer the best improvement in efficiency for stop and go driving. So if that is what you regularly do, you are the best candidate for mpg improvements from a hybrid. Obviously, if your total annual miles is small, your $ savings will be small, but you may find added peace of mind from the quiet at each and every stoplight, and the infrequent visits to the pump. If you like to know that you are driving in the best way for efficiency, you will also enjoy the HCH instrumentation. while it is true that simply keeping the RPMs from jumping too high does very well, the instantaneous mpg gage to the left of the speedo can help you hone your driving skills even further. A fully broken in (10,000 miles), expertly driven HCH can attain 75 mpg. The Prius can do just under 80 mpg, and over 100 mpg with a lithuim-ion battery swapped in. Happy motoring.
  • beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    Buying a used car is the best financial decision regardless of what you buy, and is not hybrid specific.

I couldn't disagree more. Hondas and Toyotas that are on the used market pretty much fetch the same price as their new counterparts. They hardly lose value at all in the first few years of ownership.

The last Rav4 I traded in was a 2003, with three years of wear and tear and around 30,000 miles on it. They up and sold it in less than a week and had it listed for $1K less than I paid for it. This may be only one example, but by and large, this is what happens in the used car market with Hondas and Toyotas.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "If you are at all observant, you will notice that hybrids offer the best improvement in efficiency for stop and go driving. So if that is what you regularly do, you are the best candidate for mpg improvements from a hybrid."

Unless you are making lots of short trips, in which case the mileage will be much less.
  • earthmindedearthminded Member Posts: 2
    In early May I received a letter from Honda stating I would need to bring my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid in to get serviced because "a software problem in the tachometer
    gauge control module (instrument panel lower gauge assembly)may cause your vehicle’s average fuel
    mileage to incorrectly reset.”

I finally got the service done June 16 and was a block from the dealership when I noticed not only had my trip meters been reset, but so had the odometer!

I drove back to the dealership and the service dept. said, "there isn't anybody around here any more that calibrates those things. We put a sticker on the inside of the door and we'll keep a record of it here."

This sounded a bit fishy to me. Anyone else have a similar experience when going in for the update?

I'm going to contact the state DoT to see what they have to say about it. I would ASSUME the dealership would be required to report it to them.

What happens if some unscrupulous soul removes the sticker? Is mileage tied into the VIN somehow?
  • davem7davem7 Member Posts: 35
    I had the same experience when my 06HCH tachometer module was replaced-the odometer at 0 which I didn't notice until a day later.

I still don't know if this was an oversight or whether it is impossible to advance a new odometer.

The dealer did note the pre-replacement mileage on the work order. I'm saving it because at some point I might have to certify on some DMV form that the odometer hasn't been tampered with. It should be an acceptable explanation.
  • roundtriproundtrip Member Posts: 105
    The headrest might be annoying, but I was told it is a precaution against whiplash in an accident.
    Guess that goes with the post on rear-end collisions.
  • jonallenjonallen Member Posts: 30
    Actually, in hot weather, the engine runs very efficiently from the moment you start, and the auto-stop is enabled almost immediately, and so even for very short trips, the mpg will be higher than on anything bigger than a motorcycle.
    I am currently averaging 52 mpg on my tortured, street-level, stop & go commute from Boston to Framingham, and I only have 5K on the odometer, so it will continue to improve till around 10K. Of course, I can do considerably worse if I drive like an idiot, but why would I?
  • bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    Buy it!!!! I have an 03 that's starting to act funny and I am still wishing I had gotten that extended warranty.
  • mulder2mulder2 Member Posts: 3
    As incredible as it sounds, I want to sell my new (month old ) lovely civic hybrid. I love the navigational system....but I want to go with a non hybrid one. I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, and how much to expect the mark down, as a trade in, because of the fact that it's now used. I tried to blue book, and edmond the price of a used hybrid, 2006, but it's not in there. Guess I'm the only crazy one out there trying to do this. any ideas? it now has 1,000 miles on it. works great ( obviously! ) I love the car, and really want to help the planet, but frankly the electromagnetic field level in the car concerns me. Please don't comment if you just want to say that I'm insane. I test drove the civic EX and it's way cool, even has a sun roof.
  • doctyphoondoctyphoon Member Posts: 25
    Each to his own. What color is it?