Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Maxima v. Mazda Millenia

123457»

Comments

• mirthmirth Posts: 1,212
    Well, comparing apples to apples, the auto Accord will have basically the same 0-60 time as the auto Maxima. For most people, I predict they won't be able to tell the difference in power and handling. However, I think the 2003 Max has the edge over the Accord in style and cargo capacity.
  • I test drove both cars last spring and chose a 2002 Millenia. Why?
    1. Vastly superior styling and comfort. Looks matter, and Millennia beats this Picasso like Nissan hands down. Inside and out, the Millenia has the look of a fine Japanese luxury car, the Max on the other hand looks neither sporty nor luxurious. What was Nissan aiming for?
    2.Ride. Contrary to Nissans old ad campaign, I did not "enjoy the ride". I found the behavior of the back end to be positively jarring, even on smaller bumps. The Millenia's ride is much more refined and well behaved. I expected the Max to be much more of a "driver's car" , and was sure surprised that the Millenia handled better in fast curves and hard braking.

These opinions are of course my own, and people with questionable taste who live in purple houses, may find that they disagree. Rational people can reach vastly different conclusions and while I do respect the opposing views of others, I'd like to plainly state in advance that I am right and you are wrong.
  • But if you're tall, and I'm 6 foot, five inches tall, then you don't fit in the millenia.

Comparing the 2001 models (I know, but I bought used):
    Millenia S
    * Front Head Room: 37.9 in.
    * Front Shoulder Room: 55.1 in.
    * Rear Head Room: 36.5 in.
    * Rear Shoulder Room: 54.2 in.
    * Front Leg Room: 43.3 in.
    * Rear Leg Room: 34.1 in.
    * Luggage Capacity: 13.3 cu. ft.
    * Maximum Seating: 5

Maxima Aniversary Edition (just cuz I bought it)

* Front Head Room: 40.5 in.
    * Front Shoulder Room: 56.9 in.
    * Rear Head Room: 37.4 in.
    * Rear Shoulder Room: 56.2 in.
    * Rear Hip Room: 53.7 in.
    * Front Leg Room: 44.8 in.
    * Rear Leg Room: 36.2 in.
    * Luggage Capacity: 15.1 cu. ft.
    * Maximum Seating: 5

Believe me, I notice the difference in headroom between 37.9 and 40.5. Even the Camry had more headroom then the Millenia.

Yes, size matters.

:)

Oh, and styling and "beauty" is up to the beholder. The millenia to me looks like an Aurora with nice rims which is fine by me. But a Maxima looks like a Maxima.

To each his or her own.
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    Speed,

I agree with you that Millenia's interior - for the money and even in comparisong to 40+K cars - is excellent.
    When it comes to going the distance... it does, believe me. It is one of the best cars I've ever driven when it comes to long-distance highway traveling, because it is so effortless and has very good directional stability (like the Germans).

BTW, I'm 6'3 and I headroom-wise it was a close call for me. I have the seat in the lowest position.

Tomek
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    Camry has seat cushions that are way too short for me and don't give any thigh support. That'll get you tired very quickly
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    after a long winter's nap ... ;)
  • Our family own a 97 Maxima and a 2000 Millenia S. I agree the Millenia is a smoother, quieter car but it is also more docile and less of a performer than the Maxima. The Millenia has more interior room and is a better family car (that's why my wife drives it). Nagging tire problems related to alloy wheels that occur on the Millenia don't exist on the Max. Interior appointments are nicer on my Maxima GLE even though the Millennia Millennium Edition is supposed to be Mazda's top of the line. Interesting fact - the Max 3.0 litre engine and the Millenia 2.3 supercharged engine both put out about 200 hp!
  • Does anyone have a recommendation for all season tires for a 97 Max that perform, wear well and are QUIET? I am running a set of Toyo Proxes TPT that have been extremely noisy from the start and are driving me crazy! Upper price limit is $500 - $600 for the set.
  • but I was looking for a car in very tied budget ( 5000 dls) was the most. And i stumble into a Mazda Millenia S Millemium Edition in really reallly really small dealer ( i have being looking for 3 month) . It has 94,000 miles, with everything original (bose system with amp and everything) all the options with suede seats..I took a mechanical and he review it and it seems peferct...i drive it and it seems okey. This dealer is way small , dosent have financing of any kind.you have to come with your own financing or cash ( i am buying cash).

The price for sale is 5,500 dls and i really really really love this car.. I am not a car person but i found myself in love. But i am hesitante, it seem to be tooo much of good deal (all the listing i have check out are 6500-7999 same year, around the same milles and same trim)i am always highly exceptinck person.

The car is sold as it, no warranties. I could purchase one from them or buy it outsite but my budget is tie. What is your opinion? What you i would i check for to make sure this not a lemon??

I would really appreciated your opinion.
  • buy it - i wish i found mind at that price.but but it .
    i got mind in 2006 a 1999 model with 97K mile for $7k, i am now up to 148K miles.
    you will enjoy this carand it have speed that you won't believe it has under the hood.

as a matter of fact i like it so much when i seach for used car it always on top of my list and i wish they still make this model.
  • im a baby wit a car as most wood say i have a 98 millenia base and there is a squirting sound everytime i accel to mid rpm. whenever im in nuetral or park and i rev the engine (with some exhaust leak work needed) i hear a squirting sound. could it be the fuel injectors ?, maybe it needs a tune up though its not insured just in the yard for now?sometimes in the cold it has a animal killing sound but its not the usual squeak till the engine warms up so i rev the moor to mid rpm and it stops. could that mean the timing belt is about to go? im 19 and my parents scorned the car cuz it has no radio till now but i love it .
  • vinnievinnie Posts: 10
    This is an easy one. There is no comparison between the two. One is a Nissanm, the other is a glorified Ford.
  • saxon2nsxsaxon2nsx Posts: 19
    Well, Max is still around while Milenia no longer exists. It was a pleasant design but compared to Max it had no chance. RIP. :sick:
  • It is interesting to note that all the old "lovers" of Millenia who forked over 20K+ for their mazdas are so silent. Perhaps their plans to keep them for 100K+ never materialized and after paying for parts which were only available from the dealer, decided to trade in their beloved Millenias where they got hosed once again. Can we all say :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: one more time?
  • 2002 Mazda Millenia still cruising the roads !!! I am proudly in my mint Milly . Still turning heads !!! ;)
123457»
This discussion has been closed.