Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2004 and earlier)

Comments

• pda97pda97 Posts: 88
    Has anyone here opted for this ? Does the $3K apply ? Would u mind sharing some financial details ? It sounds interesting. Thank you.
  • stang03stang03 Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advice John. Any ideas about brake covers?
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    Excuse my ignorance...what's a brake cover?!

I'd say overall, enjoy your new Mustang as is for a while...it's a great car right out of the box, and if you wait a little while before modding, you'll appreciate the mods more. I waited about a year before doing anything on mine, and after getting to know a car for a year, it made the mods (esp. the exhaust) really seem a big, cool change! : )

-John
  • NSORICNSORIC Posts: 33
    welcome to the club... i'm on my second mustang... regarding the bra, all i can say is, bras aren't meant for cars... regarding the shifter, i would recommend the pro-5.0 shifter (short throws, positive stops, and you will never miss 3rd gear again on an upshift, check it out at http://www.pro-50.com/)... enjoy!
  • jeffmust2jeffmust2 Posts: 811
    have the installer (or you) throw in some Redline syn trans oil. Not cheap fluid, but worth it.

I did the Pro 5.0/Redline mod and even to my feeble old brain there's a great improvement in shifting.
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Posts: 776
    So, Ford Fans, any of you attending Ford Centennial here in Detroit? It's looking to be a blast...
  • If you want to protect the frontend you could get one of those clear stick on deals. I saw some installed on one of those car shows on Tv. It kind of looked like and went on like window tint except it was clear.
  • stang03stang03 Posts: 4
    Thank you all for your suggestions. Re the "brake covers" - I guess what I meant was dust covers for the brakes/wheels.

Are they worth it? I heard from one dealer (re my wife's BWM)that dust covers could cause the brakes to overheat and warp the rotors. Does anyone have any experience with these covers?
  • jeffer2jeffer2 Posts: 35
    Hey,
    I have the 03 V6 with 5-speed. It's all stock, but I'd like to get dual exhaust and a CAI.
    Has anyone had problems with the dealer claiming their MODS have voided the warranty?

I haven't had any huge problems with my Stang - great car. A couple rattles, but the roads around here are not very good. Only issue is sometimes CDs don't like to eject from the CD changer (no I don't stick labels on my CDRs). I should tell my dealer about this next time I go in for an oil change. If I had to do it over again, I would've looked for a car without the Mach 460.
    Thanks for you help. - Jeffer2
  • gt4megt4me Posts: 58
    Shifter: The Pro 5.0 is nice...but please read the forums at stangnet.com You'll see that many people (including myself) who've had both very much favor the Steeda Tri-Ax.

MODS vs Factory Warranty: Here is the deal...if you install a supercharger/NOS and blow your engine, obviously you're out of luck. But if you install neon lights and your transmission falls out of the car, the dealer will honor your warranty. They must prove that what you did (MOD) had a direct/indirect effect on the issue your car is having with any mechanical breakdowns.

Best of luck to all here...be safe and happy motoring!

-Craig vvvvVVRROOOOOMMMMMmmmm!
  • ponyrider2ponyrider2 Posts: 29
    Hi

I am thinking of buying either a 92 or 93 Gt Conv. What are some your opinions of them? Pros vs Cons of years?
    What MPG would I expect for a normally driven car? ( no racing or fast driving )
    What is a good price for a under 20K car in like new condition?

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated

Thanks alot!! ponyrider2
  • I'd get the 92. That was the last year for forged pistons.

I see people asking insane amounts of money for real low mileage mustangs in the mustang forums. A lot of them want in the $10k-$15k range and a few wanted even more. I have no idea if they are actually getting that but there is no way I would pay that kind of money for one. Its not like mustangs are hard to find or something. I'd rather find a nice one for around $4k-$6k with more miles on it.
  • limpyboylimpyboy Posts: 26
    Didn't know where to post this, so pardon if it's off-thread. Mustangs figured prominently in Ford's centennial celebration over the weekend. At the celebration they had a car on display from each model year since 1903. If you're a Ford fan, the Detroit Free Press is selling a cool poster of the 101 cars. I won't post a link (don't want to violate rules against advertising) but you can find the poster at www.freep.com.

Cheers
    --LimpyBoy
  • bri66bri66 Posts: 220
    I need some help. I am renting a new Mustang not sure exactly what year. I would imagine less than two years old. It will be a standard coupe. Could anyone tell me if the inside of the trunk will hold a couple average size suit cases. Thank you
  • jeffer2jeffer2 Posts: 35
    Does anyone have the Mach MP3 deck in their 2002/03 Stang?
    If yes, what do you think of it?
    Is it a direct replacement for the 6Cd changer in the Mach 460 system?

Thanks for your help. - J
  • Does anyone know which V6 engine Ford as decided to use in the upcoming mustang. I'm kind of hoping for the 4.0 SOHC that I have in my Ranger.

James
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    James, I think you're right...I've heard the V6 will in fact be the 4.0 SOHC, rated at around 215 hp. Not bad at all.

Happy 4th of July to everyone out there...and what better holiday to enjoy the slice of Americana that is the Mustang!

-John
  • aceman65aceman65 Posts: 1
    So when will the new retro look be available to the Public-2004 or 2005?
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    Conventional wisdom (in TH???) says April 2004 (fortieth anniversary of release of first "64-1/2" model). Probably early fall of 2004 at the latest. I don't know that anybody has seen anything official from FMC yet.