Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2004 and earlier)

Comments

• hhh387hhh387 Posts: 8
    Thanks for your guys responses. I think I will definitely go for the 5 speed. The color to me really doesn't matter I'm just trying to find the best deal right now since I dont have that much money. When I get more money I will get a paint job. If I had to choose I would hope to get a blue or yellow one. John do you know a web site where I could look up information on that ford racing "quasi-dual" exhaust? The bang for the buck is the main reason I am getting this car. I have looked at other cars and none have beat the power for the price of a mustang. If anybody knows any cars that I would be able to find for under $10,000 used that have a better bang for the buck please tell me and I will be sure to look into it. Also John how did you figure out the real wheel horsepower of the mustangs do you know a site where I could look that up, or did you just figure it out by seeing a dyno of it?
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    For all things mustang, check out www.stangnet.com. They have different forums, inc. a V6 one that might be useful to you, inc. dyno plots, etc. It can be pretty addictive though... ; )

Re color, you should be able to find 'em in all colors no problem...there are a ton of them around.

Re the exhaust, it's a Ford Racing product, so check out their website or get a catalog at your dealership... Also, GEFracing.com used to carry them, and is a good place for Mustang parts online (I bought my Ford Racing GT exhaust from them).
  • The v8 is more reliable than the v6 if you care.
    Yeah, I thought the 3.8 is pretty much bulletproof these days...like the GM 3800 V6.
  • hhh387hhh387 Posts: 8
    Mileage wise how long do you think the average 99+ V6 mustang lasts?
  • i just bought a 03 mustang gt and on the passenger side the carpet is not intact and it looked like the air bag was deployed bc the facing had a gap in it. I didn't see it when i was in the car until the next day. i took it back and the dealership said let us fix it. I demanded a another mustang bc i don't want a new car that they have to fix. The service department was closed already they told me to bring it back tomorrow what should i do. I chked the vin number to see if it had been wrecked or bumped it hadn't been. How can i handle this to get another mustang.
    This is a new Mustang, right? New Mustangs shouldn't have such problems...
  • I have a 2000 Rag Top and some Jack A.. decided to cut a small (2 inch) hole in it for some unknown reason.
    I've found a few placed on line that sell replacement tops at reasonable prices. I've also found conflicting advise about trying to replace it myself.
    Does anyone have experience doing this, and would you recommend trying it myself?
    Are there any places where I can get some instructions?
  • I have a 2003 Centennial Edition convertible stang. I plan to add a Steeda GT cat-back exhaust kit and a Steeda GT high-flow air kit. Does anyone know if adding these mods will void any warranties? Steeda says no but I figured I'd check with other owners who may have looked into this before. Any other recommended mods?
    After owning a Mustang for little over a year now, I'm still amazed at the interest, emotion and nostalgia this car generates in people.

Complete strangers will approach me in parking lots to tell me about a Mustang they once owned, little children have shouted "nice car!" at me, and older gentlemen have watched intently as I've cruised by. I've never driven a car that seems to have such near-universal appeal in this country.

So it hasn't been too surprising that everybody seems to have a Mustang story of some sort; from double-dating in a friend's first-year model to drag racing in a '70s Mach 1 to owning a rare SVO turbo, I've heard some interesting recollections and stories (often from people I least imagined would be into Mustangs).

So let's hear *your* interesting/cool/nostaligic Mustang stories! I'm sure people on these boards have some great ones.
  • i never used to be into cars until a friend of mine showed up at practice one day a couple years ago with a 2000 mustang in bright red. i dont know if it was a gt or not since i didnt know anything about cars/mustangs at that point. but i remember all of us talking about how he was getting a new car...then seeing him pull up in the mustang. right away i knew that was a car i wanted.
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Posts: 776
    I really, really hope that's not the new Mustang. With the roofline that low, front, side and rear visibility will be awful, and that will massacre Mustang sales the same way '96 Taurus's ovals did. I have high hopes for the new Mustang to bring something special to market; if this is it, then IMO Ford's in big sales trouble no matter how cool it is or how great the engine or chassis is.

First rule of design for a high volume production vehicle: utility matters most. That's the reason the Mustang sells so well: it's affordable and roomy without sacrificing fun. Save the low roofline and slanted windows for the $45k Cobra model that competes with Corvettes.
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Posts: 417
    Oh I dunno, the roofline looks close to the shape of my 2001. The visibility is not great, but it's good enough. If people just learned to adjust there mirrors the proper way they wouldn't [non-permissible content removed] so much about this.

The fact that this part of the car is still covered up during the time the photos were taken shows that the roof and side design might not be completely finalized yet. Although I wouldn't expect major changes in the basic shape.

Looks sharp to me. Some of the interior plastics look a little hard and cheap, but it is still a major improvement over the current mustang. At least the design is clean and the metal bits look like they are going to be real metal. I like the old school font on the gauges a lot.
    I disagree, and I believe a great many others will too. I know how to adjust mirrors, thank you very much. Visibility still will suck. Open air driving will suck, and with the door sills so high and the roof so low, leaving very little side window, the car will feel claustrophobic. Sure, that's all fine and dandy for a $200k exotic, or even a genuine $50k sports car, but that's dangerous territory for a $20k "affordable" coupe from a company that has to give away cars as it is. The best thing about the current Mustang is not its power but its overall accessibility; I hope Ford realizes that's not a bad thing.

Oh well.
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Posts: 417
    I just don't think the roof looks that low. If anything it looks like the sides are extra high. Check out where they are in relation to the seat on the interior pic. Looks like it might be hard to rest your arm on the door with the window open. Not such a great thing either, but it does look like the armrests on the door might actually be good for resting you arm on them. (On the current model they are pointless)
    I'll give you that, the interior looks great!