Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• Options
    jase8jase8 Member Posts: 1
    Just found this site today and it looks like a good place to check into once and a while.

I have an '03 G35 Sedan, 33k miles.

Thinkin' long and hard about trading up to an '05 or over to Audi. These silicon brakes are really pissin' me off. And what's with the creeks when you go over speedbumps. Jeez.

Oh well, other than that, it's a fantastic car!!

Jason
    San Diego
  • Options
    sevenawaysevenaway Member Posts: 31
    Hello all,

2004 G35 Coupe owner from NJ here. Diamond Graphite, beige, auto, performance tire/wheel, premium package, 12,500 miles currently. How is everyone?

Paul
  • Options
    ana1ana1 Member Posts: 10
    Hello everyone,

Saturday I am picking up my 2005 G35 Coupe, auto, Serengeti Sand, premium package, 48 miles, from the showroom floor...I am so excited! I kept my last car a long time...just sold my 93 Stealth w/67,000 orig miles. I did my homework on the G35 & found it very impressive over comparable vehicles. I am from TX so I am having the windows tinted.

Anna :)
  • Options
    sdblairvasdblairva Member Posts: 5
    I picked up my year-old 2004 red G35x at Pearson Infiniti in Richmond, VA.

Very nice! Much nicer than the 98 Saturn SL-2 that I left behind at the dealership!

I would have optioned it out a bit more I were buying new, but that is the price you pay for buying used if you want a specific color & AWD.

Things that I will miss (gotten used to on my Jeep GC);

-auto-dimming mirrors
    -dual-zone climate control
    -memory seats
    -homelink xmitter (visors are too fat for the clip on the opener)
    -auto-locking doors above 15 MPH

I will look into having an auto-dimming mirror with Homelink installed as an aftermarket option. Anyone have this done?
  • Options
    dgdanieljr1dgdanieljr1 Member Posts: 5
    We picked up a 05G35 sedan yesterday. Nice car. Base model with sun roof and spoiler.
  • Options
    jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    Aight check this out, my name's jonathan from SoCal and...
    I bought my car a few dayz ago; 05 Coupe 6MT, Black on Black, got the 19's that come with the 6MT, got aero kit and that's about it but I LOVE IT! I got about 1200 of MSRP, dropped 9000 CASH (like a baller, haha) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how my hard work 'has gone to work', I got solid evidence that Imma be a real success! The funny thing is, I was meeting many girls/women before the car, SO... afterwards?? Haha, but its about the car, I love it, it handles so well and I can't wait to break it in to feel the power!!!!
  • Options
    geekaygeekay Member Posts: 51
    Hi, We live in Southern MD (St Mary's County). We bought our 6MT Sedan yesterday. Black/Black with sunroof and spoiler. Great Car, just hugs the curves and sticks right where you want it to.
  • Options
    aalvillaaalvilla Member Posts: 5
    recently purchased a certified pre-owned 2003 G35. I can turn off VDC but can't turn off TCS. The manual says that I should be able to turn off both but I only have a VDC switch. The dealer said that I have both VDC and TCS. Does the VDC button encompass both VDC (stability control) and TCS (traction control)? Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    nyrefugeenyrefugee Member Posts: 35
    Just got a 05 6 spd manual coupe. Graphite with black leather. Looks beautiful drives great.
    Too bad the streets of San Diego are clogged by traffic nowadays :)

But when I find a patch of open road the car is tons of fun.
  • Options
    sd_diversd_diver Member Posts: 20
    Just took delivery yesterday, also in San Diego. Silver / Stone Sedan with Sport tuned suspension package, premium package, and splach guards. Initially wanted the graphite, but it was sitting up at a local shopping mall (Win this car!!). Other than a slight ripple effect in the passenger side windshield (worth repairing??), the car is great!

Now if only the I-5 / I-56 area were not under prepetual construction... :(
  • Options
    zynduraizyndurai Member Posts: 5
    Ana1, how much?
  • Options
    zynduraizyndurai Member Posts: 5
    Got my 6MT: premium pkg, XM radio, splash guards. Love the color combo! It's awesome. Gonna put aftermarket fenders and a cold air intake which will make this baby sound really good! Love the sound system too!
  • Options
    nyrefugeenyrefugee Member Posts: 35
    "Now if only the I-5 / I-56 area were not under prepetual construction..."

You can try driving on the mountain roads to the east of the 5 around rancho santa fe. They are nice, just dont drive too fast :).
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Test drove a G coupe in Marin, just north of San Fran, with lots of twisty roads, and I was driving very fast with comfort and ease. :P
  • Options
    4444444444 Member Posts: 8
    Bought 01/31/05 Packages: Premium, Sport Suspension,Aero with Splash Guards, Trunk Mat,* All Weather Floor Mats,*Nike Infiniti Shirt,*Air Filter,*Micro-Cabin Filter,*Infiniti Key Chain 2,*Infiniti Pen 2 and *oil filters

I am just happy I have been able to afford these beautiful cars. I already have 15500 miles on her. It is my Wifes car I get to drive it when it needs gas or cleaned. My Wife drives it to work and when we first got the 2003 in 12/02 she called me up after getting to work and said I OWN THE ROAD no one dares cut me off now. We moved from So.Ca. to NC and here they have no concept how to get onto a freeway.We have been here now over 11 years and we have owned a lot of cars and trucks and by far nothing has touched this. Cars that were more priceee I think the G should have 2/memory driver seat 8-way power passenger seat. and the seat go automaticly back when pulled back like the 2003 model.

*means I got them to give that to me free. Plus they gave me a better then sweet deal. Colors Ext: Ivory Pearl Int: Wheat
  • Options
    kirkpatrickkirkpatrick Member Posts: 1
    Just got a great deal the last Sunday from the Van Nuys, CA dealer, 30,600 for a G35, auto, package C from william "the not so crazy bald russian guy" (thanks william!!). I LOVE THIS CAR. I drove the BMW 330, Lexus ES330, Accua TL, Nissan Maxima, Lincoln LS, Cadillac CTS, and a few other not worthy to name (sorry). WHAT A KICK!!! My wife had accused me of seeing another woman since I had such a big grin on my face! She, my new car, doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles, but she have style, grace and, damn can she move her [non-permissible content removed]!! Unfortunately for me my wife has driven her also and says that he treats her like a princessa and speaks to her in salsa music (she's Colombian). WE have agreed that whoever ever drives the kids gets the Pilot (a great SUV, but comparatively like kissing your sister) ((I'll miss those kids!!!.))

Please, please, please to the California CHP.... Give me and my wife some time to adjust this beauty into the proper speed focus. I blew past 105 mph slipping down the I5 and thought I was only going maybe 80. Seriously folks this car is fast and the manual shifting making you feel that you are competing at Le Mans.

By the way I think the warranty is going to save me from very high bills. After all how many times can you redline a car before you have problems?

Areas for improvement ---- I know where I am going so I don't need a navigation system, but I would like a trip computer. Also maybe I'm going to need a governor to keep me and my wife from exceeding certain speeds(under 100 to start).

The garnet red is a great color, not too bright, not too dull, just right.
  • Options
    I bought my new '05 G35 in April and I am still in love! Unfortunately gas prices have gone up since & these cars eat up the gas...but..you want sleek style/looks or an ugly hybrid..I chose sleek style. I plan on keeping my car for a very long time so I shopped around for an extended warranty...dont choose the dealers extended warranty..way over priced!! I researched all the top notch extended warranty companies...Warranty Direct, Warranty Warehouse, AA Auto Warranty, The Auto Club. I chose Warranty Direct bumper/bumper 70,000 mi covg. I can use the dealer or any other reputable shop & :shades: they pay the shop direct so no out of pocket for me. The cost is very inexpensive..about the same as it would cost you for one car problem..the repairs on all new cars are outragous due to todays technology.
  • Options
    scottwinscottwin Member Posts: 9
    Just took delivery last night and I'm loving it so far. :P I got a 2005 G35x in serengetti sand with no extra options. From what I've read on the internet though, I think the packages may be slightly different in Canada. Mine came with the Bose audio with subwoofer, man that thing kicks. I wasn't too impressed at first, but once you crank it up a bit and the sub kicks in, the whole sound envelopes you. Wonderful experience and right up there with any of the other systems available. Mine also has the Xenon headlights, LED lights in the back, floor mats, auto headlights. No sunroof, but I don't think I'll miss it and the extra headroom is great. Every vehicle I test drove I always had the nuisance of my hair just lightly touching the top. I'm not an overly tall guy (5'11" which I always round up to 6' ;) ) so it likely has to do more with my (spikey) hairstyle, but I'm not about to change that just yet.

My lease was up on my Nissan Pathfinder and I've been looking for 2-3 months what I was going to do. It's just the two of us (couple of DINK's) now so I didn't feel the necesity of getting another SUV, but I wanted something good in the snow. I'm on the edge of our snowbelt region in Ontario Canada so it can get pretty wintery in these parts for 3 or so months of the year. So finding this G35x with all the benefits of a great rear-driving sports car plus it's supposed to be great in the snow was an incredible package. This winter will be a good test of the AWD system, well hopefully not as I'm not crazy about the shoveling part.

Cheers,

Scott
  • Options
    larry54larry54 Member Posts: 2
    Over the past year I have done a few mods to the exhaust system and intake to make more power. I am enjoying the fruits of my labor. added 30hp & 30 torque. :)
  • Options
    kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    06 g35x premium and navi, diamond graphite, picked it up Friday.(paid invoice)
    Ive put 150 miles on it in 1.5 days!!!

Theres no better lux/sports sedan with awd, at any price, imho.

My bros in law just took delivery of 06 mercedes c55 amg, with a 362hp v8. He was very impressed after abusing my new inifiniti through the westchester roads he regurly gets tickets on.

Between the 2 of us, we've driven every bmw, lexus, acura, audi what have you. Every drive in my new car makes me smile more and more.

It still hasnt hit me that i have a car this nice. Growing up, ogling at cars i couldnt afford, i couldn't ever imagine drving a car this cool.
  • Options
    lock_n_loadlock_n_load Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2006 G35 Coupe 6M October 29 in Houston, TX

Exterior: Diamond Graphite
    Interior: Graphite Leather, Premium Pkg, Aero Pkg, Splash Guards.

The MSRP was $37,800

The car is so awesome and I love it to death. It sounds so sweet. People always ask me about the car and I tell them that it rides like a luxury car, but looks, sounds, and handles like a sports car. The 19 inche rims look very sharp on the car.
  • Options
    g35dogg35dog Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    Devin from Las Vegas. 2005 G35 brilliant silver w/ spoiler and Package C. Awesome new car the best I have owned thus far. Only a mere 300 miles on it now and less than 3 weeks old. Looking forward to learning more about our G35's from my fellow G35 owners in this forum.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    bcanonbcanon Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my Diamond Graphite 6MT Coupe on December 31st 2005 with 6 miles on it. Fully loaded & loving it! Taking it easy through the break in period, but I can't wait until I can put it through the paces. Any other new G35 owners in Houston?
  • Options
    g35mangogog35mangogo Member Posts: 2
    Did you get the Sports Suspension Package? I am assuming you did because you mention the Aero Pkg and the 19 inch rims. How is the Ride?
  • Options
    g35mangogog35mangogo Member Posts: 2
    How do you like the Sports Suspension Package?
  • Options
    g35blakeg35blake Member Posts: 2
    I just signed up on carspace and wanted to check in with the fellow G drivers. I bought my Gcoupe in 2003 when they where only special order. It has been a great car.
  • Options
    bellobello Member Posts: 1
    Seriously considering purchase of G35 Coupe, and would like real-life experience with this car in snowy/icy conditions, presuming have good set of snow tires. Am not interested in the sedan with AWD.
  • Options
    rollbarrollbar Member Posts: 297
    With a set of good winter tires, (4),the car is excellant on snowy roads. We didn't have much of that however in Central Ohio this year.

I suggest you stay away from the wider, low profile sizes for winter tires; what works well on hot asphalt does not work on snow. Go for a set of 17 inch wheels and tires for the best winter traction and save the 19s for the summer.

Roll
  • Options
    tim39tim39 Member Posts: 1
    hi guys iam new to your forum
    i have a 2004 g35 coupe with nav and aero package, which i bought oct 2004 brand new.i live in so ca i just had my g 35 upgraded with major performance upgrades by the infinity dealer.these i recomend to all ,to uncover the true potential of this wonderfull driving machine.
    i did a kinetix upper intake plenum, z tube and stillen high flow air filter setup and the apexi grounding cotroller in the engine bay,the front racing ap brakes ,slotted and vented rotors and rear stillen slotted rotor, front and rear stillens sway bars and trunk rear suspension brace by stillen, side impact mouldings and finaly the high performance hks exhaust with twin tubes.now the car is rated atleast 320 bhp and 0-60 in around 5.9 seconds,this is serious performance upgrades and only dearler should do that with full warranty,the car is still street legal.

love to hear comments

infinity rulesssssss.
  • Options
    kd6aw1kd6aw1 Member Posts: 116
    I am 75 years old and have owned many cars during my lifetime. Since buying my 2003 G sedan in March of 2002 I have had many occasions to drive luxury cars from many companies and always feel good about getting back into our sedan. It drives like a sports car and is just plain fun, I wouldn't ever go back to front a wheel drive car because none of them handle like Gi Gi. My last car was a Maxima and there is no comparison.

Our car has been perfect in all respects and nothing ever goes wrong with it.

We are thinking of buying either the Infiniti 2007 sedan or coupe when it comes out but will always have a soft spot in our heart for our 2003. Infiniti has earned the best confidence in us and I would recommend the G to anyone wanting a fun reliable car.

At 75 I require a fast, fun and reliable car and have found the perfect one.

Hope this may help someone decide on their next purchase. And no I don't work for or have stock in Nissan or Infiniti.

My dealer has been Discover Infiniti now Kearney Mesa Infiniti in San Diego and they have been as good as one could hope for.

Paul
  • Options
    I'll be there Jack.

Paul and Joan of El Cajon, CA
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    KD, that is so cool! I wish I could convince
    my dad to buy a sports car. He's 73 and he
    loves his boxy SUV(Izuzu Trooper and a Jeep
    Wrangler)! Otherwise, he's also a young-at-heart person, which it sounds like you are too!
    I'm glad to hear you've had no problems with
    your G35. It just reinforces my confidence in
    Nissan/Infiniti. I'm driving a 2002 Nissan
    Maxima, which I'm leasing. It's been a great
    car over the last four years and 60,000 miles,
    but I guess I'm getting itchy for a new car
    and the suspension and stuff is starting to
    feel a bit harsher now that the car is getting
    on in years. The G35 Coupe is a beautiful
    car! It's got me considering it, although I'm
    really not too interested in going back to a
    two-door car. But you never know!

I'm keeping an eye on prices and leases on the
    FX35 and the G35 coupe along with the Acura TL
    and the Lexus ES350 and the Lexus RX350 and,
    yes, I'm still keeping an eye on the 2007
    Maxima and I'm anticipating the arrival of the
    2007 Nissan Altima. So many choices!!!
    I love America!
  • Options
    law06law06 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

Happy to join the club! Just bought (yesterday) an 06 g35 couple 6MT, dark silver with a black interior. Only have the aero kit, premium package and xm radio. At first I questioned getting a "stick" but I am in love. I am enamored with the tightness of the shifter and slick handling. So far (about 115 miles), I am in LOVE. Thanks to everyone in the forums that convinced me of the virtues of the G and to take a chance on a car that was not the most "practical" (i.e., Toyota Camry- which I actually considered). Looking forward to lots of time on the road.

May all your freeways be wide open,

Mike
  • Options
    Just giving an update on owning my G35 Cpe after one year! Still a great car, and no problems, looks brand new and every day I get compliments. Only drawback, the car is unbelievably low to the ground. I really have to watch out for objects in the road. Even a small rock will scrape the undercarriage really hard! Also, easy to get door dings with the way the car is designed. The amazing thing with this sports car is two adult passengers can easily sit comfortably in the back, but the hard part is getting out the back seat. The sunroof is great and its quiet. NO regrets!
  • Options
    agm18agm18 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    We have a 2004 G35 sedan which of course we love a great deal. Drives fine and is a wonderful car. We drove from San Diego to Nashville fully loaded and averaged 26.4 mpg and 71.6 mph. Yes, we did break most speed limits but 40 is long and straight. Even at these speeds we were passed by many cars and trucks. Our only problem to date has be rapid brake pad wear on the fronts. We use Mobil One and change oil and filter at 7500 miles rather than 3750. In town milage seems to be low at about 17-18. I blame this on the stop and go nature of Nashville driving and of course the heat and airconditioner use which is all the time. I have visited the new dealship here in Cool Springs and they seem nice. Our old dealer was Discover in San Diego. They were good too. Sorry to see so many cars with problems here, but, that what this is all about.
    Regards,
    agm18
  • Options
    Maximafan,

Thanks for your reply. Buy a rear wheel driver and you won't be sorry. Rear drive cars handle better and are much more fun to drive in addition to being safer by having more accurate steering. I had two Maximas and liked them but would never go back to front wheel drive again. Good luck!

Paul in San Diego
  • Options
    javacjavac Member Posts: 34
    I'm new to the forum and very much considering the G35 Sedan. I still have to test drive but I've narrowed my choices down to the G & TL (but I'm partial to the G b/c I have owned a reliable Nissan vehicle for 6 yrs now). I'm hoping to get a good deal on an '06 since the '07's are coming out in Nov. Please let me know your experiences!
  • Options
    jason31480jason31480 Member Posts: 9
    Greetings, I have had my G35x for about 2 weeks. Love the car. I have washed it once since I bought it. Just wondering what interior cleaning product do you all use, and how often do you apply leather treatment. Thanks for any helpful tips.
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Member Posts: 2
    Hey all, I purchased Smokey in May of this year with only 9000 miles and she is a dream to drive. I have wanted this car since I first heard that the Skyline was coming to the states rebadged as the Infiniti. I waited because I wanted any bugs worked out, and now that I have one (at a great deal I might add) I will more than likely trade her in when the '07's come out. But in the mean time, she's my girl!! :blush:
  • Options
    bravobomberbravobomber Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2006 G35 sedan in diamond graphite after test driving EVERYTHING in its class. The only other one I considered is the BMW 325i, but for the money the G35 cannot be beaten. Gotta love a rear wheel drive. That is one of the main reasons I went against the TL.
  • Options
    oneleaseonelease Member Posts: 3
    Getting ready to sign this week on 39 month lease,silver with stone interior, premium,. 349/month how's that sound?
  • Options
    blndeg35blndeg35 Member Posts: 3
    Well hello! I seem to be a tad late in imputting my info since I have had my car for 15 glorious months! She, Vanessa, is a 2005 G35 6MT Athens Blue/Black leather/Areo pkg/Premium pkg. I have not seen that many Athens blue G's in the orlando area, maybe two. Love the color, and the car. The guys at work are jealous i think. I work in the motorcycle industry, but don't have a bike. This is my bike :) top speed so far has been 135. I ran out of balls. By the way, i am a chickie ;) Definitely gets the looks. Oh yea, and limo tint. I saw what seemed to be a gathering of G35's downtown Orlando on saturday. Was excited to find others who share my passion about my car. Anyways, hope everyone has a great one :)

T aka blondie
  • Options
    saissonsaisson Member Posts: 25
    Just saw the 2007 G-35 and it's a looker.
    Is there anyone out there who has purchased one yet?
    What's your experience with availability and pricing?
    :)
  • Options
    dboedboe Member Posts: 69
    Getting better at not parking in too close when there is a curb or wheel stop in the front.
    I do have front spoiler rash, and get a sick feeling every time I back out and hear it scrap.
    Just have to come to the realization it is not that long of a car, and there is no reason to park closer. I am getting much better.
  • Options
    yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    Some may have read my posts, while i was going through the car purchasing process...

I am now the proud owner of a base model g35x, with a sunroof. i didn't get all the bells and whistles. the only thing i really wanted was a navigation system. couldn't get it w/o spending an additional 3k on the premium pac...

anyhoo, i'm considering getting a clear bra and ceramic tinting...

does anyone have any ideas as to how much this will cost, where to look (please don't say yellow pages, that sounds risky), etc.

i'm in the ny/nj/ct area.

thanks!!

"The Yogi Fan"
  • Options
    joetyjoety Member Posts: 9
    Will be picking up mine tonight. First dealer wouldn't move on price (sticker). Second dealer indicated initially he wouldn't either, then I told him I was buying from the first guy and he offered to beat it by $1000. In the end, I bought it from the second dealer for $1400 below sticker. I'd love to have paid invoice, but these things are selling to quickly and supply is not great. The first dealer only offered $1000 worth of maintenance gift certificates and $200 off as his final offer.

Mine is a G35x with Premium Pack, NAV and woodgrain. She's a beauty. The NAV is outstanding, as is the ability to burn all of your CD's onto the hard drive (3000 SONGS!!!!!), now that's a jukebox.
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    joety - Can I ask what color combo you went with?

I'm liking Slate Blue on Graphite/Wood & Black Obsidian on Wheat/Wood.

I've only seen the Ivory Pearl in person and that was stunning as well.

Can't wait until all the stars align and I go get mine! :D
  • Options
    rsivarajanrsivarajan Member Posts: 10
    joety,

How's the ride? Mine is pretty similar: G35x + Premium + Nav + wood. I got the red w/ wheat leather. I've had it for a week and am just enjoying every minute in the car! :)

Still figuring out all the great features -- Like the memory setting (seat, windows, steering wheel) can be set to match one of the two keys. I haven't learned all about the Musicbox or CF interface -- just discovered that I have XM for 3 months yesterday! Haven't tried out the Nav + traffic alert yet.
  • Options
    Serrengeti Sand, Wheat Interior with wood trim.
  • Options
    I love the car. I actually look forward to my 35 minute commute now. At least twice this morning (punched it through a couple freeway connectors) I had my heart pounding. The NAV is awesome, much better display than others I've seen.

I haven't activated my XM yet, I think I'll wait a few weeks while I get comfortable with other features on the car. Its too much information at once. I think I have four seperate owners manuals, one just on the NAV. Traffic Alert won't be available on my area for a few more months, but I'll probably give that a try as well.

How about that music box? 3000 songs, I don't think I'd ever fill that hard drive.

A buddy of mine was going to buy the 300 horse bimmer (335i?), but by the time he added all the options I have he was looking at another ten grand. I think he'll be stepping into a G shortly.
This discussion has been closed.