Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Accessories and Modifications

faenorfaenor Posts: 99
edited April 18 in Infiniti
Is everyone else seeing a mid May date for things like the factory front end masks? I was just curious as to wether or not it is actually available now from certain places...

I do alot of freeway driving and the route I take is festering with idiotic gravel trucks that love to bump along in the fast lane... What the heck is up with that?

The other day I saw a BMW 740IL absolutely PELTED with stones from a big dirt truck with a full load... I was in the fast lane and passing just as the truck hit a bump and dumped a huge amount of dirt and stone debris from the back end... I saw at least 5 or 6 spiderwebs on the BMWs windshield... That could NOT have been one of that driver's better days :(

Faenor

Comments

• jwilson1jwilson1 Posts: 956
    Faenor, obviously that BMW driver wished he had a mask and, maybe, that he'd stayed in the garage. But bras are a mixed blessing, unless you plan to leave it off except when you're going to get hit by stones.

Well, yeah, I know that's ridiculous. But if you leave the bra on all the time the little particles you're trying to avoid -- dust, grit, etc. -- washes down beneath the fabric. As it moves slightly in the wind it grrrriiiiiinds the stuff into your paint. And, yeah, you can see the damage, especially if you're a paint and polish freak who keeps your car washed, because your washing adds to the problem!

Since you plan to use synthetic oil, I suspect you're planning to take good care of your car. So don't use a bra except when you're planning to be on gravel roads, long trips, etc. Otherwise, a good coat of wax/polish is the best protection so far.

Good luck.
    Joe W.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Posts: 77
    Freshalloy has had some postings about the Invinca shield for the nose of vehicles. The second shortcut is for another similar product which has one for the G35 already. Well it would but the damn poster will not let me post it. Says it is too big. Check out the G35 forum at www.freshalloy.com and look for the topic 'Invinca Shield'

Link to the Invinca site.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/main.htm

Mike

• maxcat1maxcat1 Posts: 27
    I don't know much about this product compared to others like ClearBra and Stonguard and X-Pel but I think that there are qualitative differences between them that are worth checking out before you decide on which one you want. For example, I have heard that some of these require slitting the plastic to go around tight corners; others go around the corner by being pulled tightly. Obviously the latter is the preferred installation method. You might want to go onto a forum like acura-cl.com and do a search on X-Pel and read the posts and cautions. Good luck.
    was the site the Edmunds poster would not let me post. Said it was too long. The Freshalloy topic has the links to both the Invinca and X-pel site. X-Pel has a kit for the G35 already.
  • stsurbrookstsurbrook Posts: 285
    Any web site that you know of?

Thanks.

Scott
    I will try to post it again.. I will strip the http: stuff off the front maybe the poster will allow it this time.

http://www.xpel.com/paint/product.asp?make=Infiniti&model=G35

Success!!!
    Got it! Especially interested in the bumper and headlight kits. Thanks!

Scott
  • jethrog35jethrog35 Posts: 14
    We didn't want the extra stiff suspension, so we passed on the sport package which came with a spoiler.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket spoilers that are available yet?
    Does anyone know anything about whether or not the G35 even uses one with their "multi-link" suspension? I'm interested as my past experience with cars shows that one can improve handling without sacrificing ride quality. I just don't know if it still applies.

Who is going to be supplying the "performance" accessories?

Scott
  • jwilson1jwilson1 Posts: 956
    Scott, "roll bar" refers to a piece of heavy frame that goes over your head to protect you in a roll-over accident. Do you mean stabilizer bars? Maybe Infiniti can sell you one from the sport suspension kit.

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • jvalentyjvalenty Posts: 41
    I can't beleive the amount of web info available on this relatively new car.

I suggest you use www.google.com for your search. I could spend the entire day reading and still not get to the end of the list. Lots of good pics too.
  • tonyg35tonyg35 Posts: 52
    Check out infinitiparts.net. They have the real deal oem factory spoiler.

Good luck
    Tony
  • jethrog35jethrog35 Posts: 14
    Thanks Tony!
  • pfrank1pfrank1 Posts: 3
    I was just wondering if the factory stereo (the fancy 120-watt one with the changer) that comes with the G35 can handle MP3 CD-ROMs from my computer.

Thanks!
  • rjprjprjprjp Posts: 12
    I hear that the base model has audio controls on the steering wheel. Then I hear the the base model does not have audio controls on the steering wheel.
    Can someone who actually has the base model clarify this for me?
  • blinkerblinker Posts: 38
    The audio controls are on the left side of the steering wheel. The picture of the base model interior posted on freshalloy had no controls on the left. (The right side has the cruise.)
    None of the stereo options on the G35 play MP3's. For that matter, there are not very many, from any manufacturer, that do.

Scott
  • pfrank1pfrank1 Posts: 3
    Scott,

Thanks for the reply. That's really disappointing, as I refuse to carry my CDs in the car because of previous loss. MP3 car players are in fact common now (carried on at least half a dozen display units in every Best Buy, Circuit City and any other car stereo store in the country).
  • stooge2000stooge2000 Posts: 96
    I have been looking for a G35 Leather with Xenon but without premium pack. It seems that such configuaration does not exist. So now I am thinking about getting one without either xenon or premium and try to retrofit xenon later. How hard will it be, and how expensive? I welcome your input.
This discussion has been closed.