Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Maintenance and Repair

kd6aw1kd6aw1 Posts: 116
My outside air temperature reads ok most of the time but sometimes doesn't function accurately. Called dealer in San Diego and they are communicating with the Infiniti engineers and are supposed to call back. Some other people are having the same problem. Any ideas appreciated. Great having this board. Love my G35!

Paul
El Cajon, California

Comments

• gator37gator37 Posts: 6
    Paul and I have the same problem. Don't be shy let us know if anyone else is having this problem and if you have a fix.
  • jwilson1jwilson1 Posts: 956
    Personally, I've never seen one of the things that operates accurately. Or consistently. The best I've seen is on the Subaru ... they put one in the mirror and the sensor is far up from the engine, the road, and everything that can tease the thing into inaccurate readings -- but sometimes it's wacko too.

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Posts: 77
    is a bit fuzzy due to some vibration. I cannot feel it in the floorboards, the shifter, or the steering wheel. Clears up if I put my finger on the bottom and hold it. Anyone else have this problem??
  • boomer23boomer23 Posts: 125
    Only noticed this problem when I had the bass turned up high on a rock CD. Otherwise, no significant shake.
    then I will have them check the mount during the 3750 mile service next month.

thanks for input.
  • kd6aw1kd6aw1 Posts: 116
    Seems to have corrected itself. Have had correct readings for four days now. G35 fixes herself, what a car!

Paul
  • purwinpurwin Posts: 18
    Owners manual reads ' hold outside buttons till you get a slow blink'. You will get a fast blink. The fast blink is correct.
  • purwinpurwin Posts: 18
    How do you get to the Oil filter?
  • cls73cls73 Posts: 9
    Recently purchased a G35. Absolutely awesome car! Except for one minor issue. I've had the car for 3 weeks and when I use the turn signal (left or right) there's no blinking sound inside the car. The sound was there when I first purchased it, but it has since disappeared. Same thing for the Hazard. The turn signal and hazard lights outside of the car work fine, but no sound.

Has anyone encountered this?
  • tonyg35tonyg35 Posts: 52
    Have the dealer check that out. I do not have that problem.
    Normally you don't have that problem. Normally it is noisy as hell. Someone at freshalloy mentioned(jokingly) the possibility putting in synthetic blinker fluid. This is the first car I have owned in quite a while that I never miss when the blinkers don't automatically cancel(my wife claims I am deaf, eh??)
  • pdrumans1pdrumans1 Posts: 48
    I just discovered that when depressing the unlock on the key fob, that the rear windows do not go down with the front like they should. I have tried it several times based ont he manual and nothing. I will have to try my otehr fob when I get home. Hopefully a fault in the fob, not the car, but either way I will have check by service dept.
  • sanandtonsanandton Posts: 342
    Just a guess, but does it have anything to do with power window override switch on the drivers panel. I wonder if setting the switch to "off" prohibits this feature. Let us know.
    tried the power override switch too. My other key fob does not power down the rear either. Will have it checked out.
    Probably not programmed into the car's computer correctly. I suspect they can disable the feature entirely, add auto-close, etc if they want to...
    I will will have them correctly program and see if they can program for auto closure of windows and maybe even sunroof which would be nice.
  • morgan1112morgan1112 Posts: 36
    I was told that if you don't have the premium package (which has all 4 windows w/ auto up/down) then only the front windows go down. Made sense to me since I don't have the premium package. Maybe somebody can check that out.
    Seems like that is the case, w/o the premium, only the front go down :(
  • zbest855zbest855 Posts: 13
    OK, keep the comments to yourself...
    Has anyone else found that their Xenon's tend to
    jiggle up and down when driving over bumpy roads?
  • stsurbrookstsurbrook Posts: 285
    OK, I'm stumped! What do you expect them to do? :)

If these are the first Xenon's you've driven with, could that be the problem? From what I understand, they are much more "focused" with regard to their beam and therefore, in combination with the low focus that Infiniti has on the G35, may give the appearance of "jiggle".

Scott
  • jethrog35jethrog35 Posts: 14
    Anybody have a guess as to why Infiniti would not support the auto-locking door feature? You know, where the doors lock automatically at around 10mph?

Perhaps it just the Canadian models, but my local dealer says that they've contacted Nissan and they've confirmed that the feature is not supported. I thought that it was a safety feature on most cars these days.

I'm convinced that the feature can be enabled through a software code. All my family noted that the doors auto-locked for the first 2 weeks or so, then I tried changing the locking mode so that the horn wouldn't toot every time I locked the car. That seemed to disable the auto-lock feature permanently (I can't get it back).

Do the U.S. models auto-lock?
  • stsurbrookstsurbrook Posts: 285
    So far as I've been able to determine, they do NOT auto lock. I wish they did. I have gotten used to in on my Dodge Durango and would feel better, for my wife's sake, if they did on the G35 also. Then again, I didn't notice that ANY other sport sedan we drove did so.

Go figure...

Scott
  • dfd3dfd3 Posts: 57
    Hi All:

Has anyone experienced excessive noise from the a/c on their G35s? I noticed it the day I picked my car up - when first starting out in the car, the howling noise can be heard in direct proportion with engine speed. It seems to go away after the interior has cooled down and/or I increase the temp. control past 72 degrees or so. It is really aggrevating and there is a thread over at freshalloy on this subject. I have not taken it to the dealer yet, will probably do that next week. Anybody else experience this?
  • kd6aw1kd6aw1 Posts: 116
    Air conditioner noise. Red G 1700 miles.

On several occasions I have experienced noise that seems to be coming from the compressor during acceleration. On gentle acceleration I wouldn't hear it but accelerating up to 3500 rpm or so sometimes it really sounds off. This problem is intermittant and doesn't usually happen. Called the dealer and they said they haven't yet experienced this problem. I will watch this and probably bring it in next week. I am wondering if it could be caused by belt slipage. Love the G but wish to resolve this. My 1999 Maxima never did this.

Paul

El Cajon, California
  • aggie4aggie4 Posts: 16
    BTW, am also dfd3. Paul, my A/C noise occurs ALL of the time. I'm in North Texas and it's been warm and humid, so I use the A/C every day. The noise begins immediately at start up and continues until the interior cools off and I raise the temp. I know it's the A/C because when I hit the A/C button to turn it off the noise stops. As you mentioned there is a thread over on freshalloy so we are not the only ones with this problem. I have a svc. appt. scheduled for Monday next week and I'll post results.

Other than that, no problems and I love my G. It's emerald mist w/ sport pkg, very rare I'm told. Oh, I did have some a**hole open their door and put a nice crease in the right rear QP last week - it cannot be fully removed by the paintless dent repair people because of it's location. Damn car still has dealer temp plates - less than two weeks old. Wish I knew who did it.
    Thanks Paul, I gave up on it figuring that they just borrowed a chapter from another manual and didn't verify that the feature was actually implemented on the G35.

I'll give it another try.

-- Geoff
    Thanks for your input Scott. I must admit that I didn't notice the feature on other sport sedans, but I simply wasn't looking for it. It's one of those things that you just assume is there.

It's probably one of those things that you don't get at $12K, you do get at $20K, you don't get at $30K, and then you get it back after $50K (along with a new kitchen sink)!!!

-- Geoff
  • A little off subject but just wanted you to know that I share your pain. I purchased my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4X4 with every single option on it about 6 months ago. I had looked for this specific one for close to a year and came across it one night through a local dealer's website.. I was there the next day. It was a 2001 model they needed to get rid of so I got an outstanding deal plus .9% financing. It is perfect-Oxford White with tan leather. Just the way I wanted and awesome price/financing.

Now to relate to you...about a month after I purchased it I came out of a store and there it was, a gash in the driver side door the size of a nickel. It was in the plastic trim that runs along the door and it looked like a big black hole in the door. I do not think they could have taken more paint off if they had tried and there was no car parked next to me so there was no way to tell who did it. I went straight to an auto store to buy touch up paint and will have it professionally fixed when I get a collection of these little guys going. If I ever see a car going down the road with a pound of my Oxford white paint hanging off the edge of their door-there will be trouble. My girlfriend might be purchasing (will be if I have any say-so) a new G35 in a couple of months. Thinking about paying bums to guard the car while we go in places...LOL. Take Care all
  • dfd3dfd3 Posts: 57
    As promised, I am reporting back what the dealer found with my car. They told me that the a/c compressor has "bad" bearings and that it will have to be replaced. They said that as long as it cools correctly there is no problem with operating the a/c system. They have ordered the part and expect to have it in in four days. Will get it installed and report back with the results. The service person mentioned that they have had several other failures at their dealership. Hope this takes care of the problem.

BTW, the experience at the service dept. was great! I could have had a full continental breakfast if I wanted to. Coffee, danishes, OJ, fresh fruit, etc. And of course, free loaner. This beats the hell out of previous experiences with "other" makes I have owned in the past. Now, if I could just find the SOB who creased my QP!
  • zbest855zbest855 Posts: 13
    Looking to run my remote radar detector thru there, but can't find an opening.
    Any clues?