Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Maintenance and Repair

kd6aw1kd6aw1 Posts: 116
My outside air temperature reads ok most of the time but sometimes doesn't function accurately. Called dealer in San Diego and they are communicating with the Infiniti engineers and are supposed to call back. Some other people are having the same problem. Any ideas appreciated. Great having this board. Love my G35!

Paul
El Cajon, California

Comments

• gator37gator37 Posts: 6
    Paul and I have the same problem. Don't be shy let us know if anyone else is having this problem and if you have a fix.
  • jwilson1jwilson1 Posts: 956
    Personally, I've never seen one of the things that operates accurately. Or consistently. The best I've seen is on the Subaru ... they put one in the mirror and the sensor is far up from the engine, the road, and everything that can tease the thing into inaccurate readings -- but sometimes it's wacko too.

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Posts: 77
    is a bit fuzzy due to some vibration. I cannot feel it in the floorboards, the shifter, or the steering wheel. Clears up if I put my finger on the bottom and hold it. Anyone else have this problem??
  • boomer23boomer23 Posts: 125
    Only noticed this problem when I had the bass turned up high on a rock CD. Otherwise, no significant shake.
    then I will have them check the mount during the 3750 mile service next month.

thanks for input.
  • kd6aw1kd6aw1 Posts: 116
    Seems to have corrected itself. Have had correct readings for four days now. G35 fixes herself, what a car!

Paul
  • purwinpurwin Posts: 18
    Owners manual reads ' hold outside buttons till you get a slow blink'. You will get a fast blink. The fast blink is correct.
  • purwinpurwin Posts: 18
    How do you get to the Oil filter?
  • cls73cls73 Posts: 9
    Recently purchased a G35. Absolutely awesome car! Except for one minor issue. I've had the car for 3 weeks and when I use the turn signal (left or right) there's no blinking sound inside the car. The sound was there when I first purchased it, but it has since disappeared. Same thing for the Hazard. The turn signal and hazard lights outside of the car work fine, but no sound.

Has anyone encountered this?
  • tonyg35tonyg35 Posts: 52
    Have the dealer check that out. I do not have that problem.
    Normally you don't have that problem. Normally it is noisy as hell. Someone at freshalloy mentioned(jokingly) the possibility putting in synthetic blinker fluid. This is the first car I have owned in quite a while that I never miss when the blinkers don't automatically cancel(my wife claims I am deaf, eh??)
  • pdrumans1pdrumans1 Posts: 48
    I just discovered that when depressing the unlock on the key fob, that the rear windows do not go down with the front like they should. I have tried it several times based ont he manual and nothing. I will have to try my otehr fob when I get home. Hopefully a fault in the fob, not the car, but either way I will have check by service dept.
  • sanandtonsanandton Posts: 342
    Just a guess, but does it have anything to do with power window override switch on the drivers panel. I wonder if setting the switch to "off" prohibits this feature. Let us know.
    tried the power override switch too. My other key fob does not power down the rear either. Will have it checked out.
    Probably not programmed into the car's computer correctly. I suspect they can disable the feature entirely, add auto-close, etc if they want to...
    I will will have them correctly program and see if they can program for auto closure of windows and maybe even sunroof which would be nice.
  • morgan1112morgan1112 Posts: 36
    I was told that if you don't have the premium package (which has all 4 windows w/ auto up/down) then only the front windows go down. Made sense to me since I don't have the premium package. Maybe somebody can check that out.
    Seems like that is the case, w/o the premium, only the front go down :(
  • zbest855zbest855 Posts: 13
    OK, keep the comments to yourself...
    Has anyone else found that their Xenon's tend to
    jiggle up and down when driving over bumpy roads?
  • stsurbrookstsurbrook Posts: 285
    OK, I'm stumped! What do you expect them to do? :)

If these are the first Xenon's you've driven with, could that be the problem? From what I understand, they are much more "focused" with regard to their beam and therefore, in combination with the low focus that Infiniti has on the G35, may give the appearance of "jiggle".

Scott