Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• sevenawaysevenaway Posts: 19
    Has anyone had a problem with their window motors to the extent that even after three replacements, the window does still not work correctly. The passenger window drops a noticeable amount when you open the door while the driver window (with a new motor) barely moves at all. I have had this back to Infiniti three times and they still can't get it right.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • radioman18radioman18 Posts: 10
    Paul, I've had the same problem. The dealer told me it takes 20 minutes for the thermometer to calibrate correctly.That's pretty odd. But, sure enough, after 20 minutes of fluctuating readings (as much as 15 degrees off kilter), the system stabilizes.
  • brian62brian62 Posts: 30
    Just picked up my new G35 this weekend and was reviewing the service manual. It suggests oil changes every 3,750 miles for normal driving. Just curious to see what others are doing.

If I use synthetic oil will it extend this period?
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 95
    This is an age old argument. Some people say yes, some people say no. I'm in the second category. To me, contaminents are contaminents. They don't just come from the oil being worn down, but they come from the filter and other factors too. As much as we'd like to pretend that the oil systems in our vehicles are closed, they are, in fact, not closed system. Synthetic oil has, on the whole, more resistence to break down (good) but it does nothing to reduce the additional contaminents introduced everytime the system is opened, the filter gets a little old, etc. Then again, I'm leasing this one so I'm just staying with plain ol' dino oil and changing per the book. Most of the "stress" tests where you see synthetic "beating out" conventional oil are rigged. How? Well, they intentionally place the vehicle in state that encourages breakdown by heat. A state no normal driver will ever see. Some racer's see it, but you know what? Every racer I know changes their oil FAR more frequently than 3000 miles too because they KNOW they're breaking down the oil.

Ultimately, it's a personal choice and YMMV. :P
  • vybhavvybhav Posts: 5
    Hello everyone,

I have a small dent on my new G35 :-( . I hit the car ahead accidentally. I called the Infiniti dealer and he said they don't repair dents and stuff. I live in San Diego. Any suggestions on where I can get it fixed in way that makes it seem it never existed ? I am a newbie and this is my first car . So, not much experience with all this .
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Vybhav
  • lewiswlewisw Posts: 16
    Had new OEM pads/aftermarket rotors put on my '04 G35 coupe. Ever since, they squeal backing up when applying brakes, but not when going forward and braking. Seems worse at very low speed (e.g. backing out of garage). Took it back and had pads "chemically treated" which helped for a few days, then it returned. It is annoying. What should I tell my independent garage to look for , or to adjust? Thanks!
  • agm1agm1 Posts: 11
    You can remove the fogging with a good cleaner wax and polish. I used Maguire Cleaner wax and polish when they fog up. They will stay clear after several applications. There are vent holes near the bottom of the lens to let out moisture. Do not clog these vents with xs polish.
  • agm1agm1 Posts: 11
    Try LaJolla Autobody off of Balboa and Mission Bay Drive....4260 Mission Bay Drive to be exact. 270 6821. They did a fantastic job on my Jag.
  • paulo6paulo6 Posts: 93
    My 2006 6MT Sedan with 23K miles on it, seems to have worn brakes already. My lease ends in October and I am sure I will need to change brakes prior to that. Will Infiniti mandate OEM brakes, or will I be able to get away with aftermarket? Also, normal for brakes to wear out at 23K miles?
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    I've heard some owners getting low mileage from their brakes but for an 06 with the new larger brakes, 23K miles seems low. Do you drive hard? Is most of your driving urban where you are on the brakes more than a highway cruiser?

Aftermarket brakes are fine. No penalty there as long as they are the correct fit.
  • paulo6paulo6 Posts: 93
    I do drive hard, with such a car, do you blame me??? Anyway, they occassionally grind recently, so I am assuming they are prematurely wearing out. I drive probably 30% highway and rest city. I just do not want to invest in OEM brakes if my lease is over in October. Thanks for feedback
  • ccdbbccdbb Posts: 18
    I am looking for leasing a 2008 G35x or BMW 328xi. I wonder how much it will cost for maintainess during a 39 mo lease for G35x, assuming all regular visits. BMW has free maintainess for the entire lease term. Any ideas?

Thanks. ccdbb
  • toflotoflo Posts: 1
    Yesterday when I got out of my 2008 G35 sedan, a loud steady alarm tone was present while the driver's door was open. It stopped when the door was closed. Any of the other doors can be opened without incident. This continues to occur. Anyone have any ideas
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    Possibly headlight switch left in the on position instead of the auto or off positions?
  • lala99lala99 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 2006 G35 coupe and I have had engine/oil problems since around 12,000 miles.
    I have had it into the dealer multiple times, and they actually dropped a new engine into it at 24,000 miles!
    I heard through the grapevine that this has been a common problem in G35s, Altimas, and Z350s, but I have not been able to locate information online...
    Does anyone know anything about this? I traded in a Honda Accord which never had any issues for this luxury car and it's falling apart... any input would be great, because I really love the car, but not the problems...
  • dougie66dougie66 Posts: 2
    coming out of vents when fan is on and a/c off. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110973

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188688

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225927

This sounds like a known problem in some 03-06 Gs with the VQ. My advice is push the dealer for as much extended warranty as you can and good luck!
  • tom176tom176 Posts: 1
    I bought an Infiniti G35 2D Cpe from Car Max a few months ago. How often should I get my oil changed? Also, would you recommend synthetic oil or wait until the car is older?
  • How many miles are on the engine now!!??,I bought a 2004 Infinti G35 sedan w/28,000mi I change my own oil&filter I went with Mobil One Tri-Synthetic and a K&N oil filter,I will change my oil every 5,000mi.The Synthetic oil I believe is really good for 5,000-7,000mi.My advice is to change your oil to synthetic put 3,000 miles on the engine,drain the oil and see how clean or dirty it is!!!,first.If it's quite clean still,then next oil change let it go for 5,000miles.If the oil is very dirty on the 1st change I would may-be suggest having the engine flushed w/an Infiniti Dealer,to remove all or most of the dirt from the motor,Darrin :)
  • sharkman78sharkman78 Posts: 10
    So my BIL is driving his car in front of me in the evening and when we stop he tells me that there is something wrong with my driver side headlight.. He tries to explain it by saying that it seems to brighten and not brighten as I'm driving. (sort of when a car behind you has a shock problem and the car bounces). I look at it and can't see anything wrong with it. I bounce the car a little to see if it's loose but it seems ok.
    Any suggestions?

sharkman
    2008 G35XS nav, prem, sport