Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kpr1969kpr1969 Member Posts: 10
    Chicago suburbs - I just got an online quote for a G37x sedan + premium + splash guards + trunk mat and cargo net for 33080 after Dealer cash. It seemed decent at first, but it seems high relative to some of the prices I'm seeing here. Anyone else looking in Chicago?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    punesguy

1. Yes on kickplates, splash guards, and spoilers (no on glass sensor)
    2. Yes, it cost around $750 or so
    3. Yes, incentives will be good - selection will be bad.

:D
  • amissneramissner Member Posts: 15
    I used Zag (the Amex version) for my pricing. They have scary good deals on the 09 coupes, which is what I went in to buy, but I ended up with a convertible cause it was just too awesome.

Nalley Infiniti of Marietta

Window sticker:
    2009 G Convertible $43,850
    Body-Color Splash Guards $200
    Rear Wind Deflector $540
    Premium Package $3,250
    Sport $1,350
    Nav $1,850
    Destination $865
    Total: $51,905

Cash Price: $47361.59
    Dealer Fee: $599

I did a lease for 36 mo/15k yr.
    58% residual
    MF was around .002, but I don't recall exactly. It was around 3.75% interest when I worked it out.

Not looking for feedback, just reporting.
  • alphacarhunteralphacarhunter Member Posts: 4
    Picked up my G37 Journey Sedan with Premium package for $32,500 OTD. Thought this was a great deal and the service and experience was great. Bought it in Atlanta in case anyone is looking. Thanks to everyone for all of your help and information. MSRP was $37,125.
  • cancarscancars Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am sorry I am new in here, and I couldn't work out where to start a new thread in a forum????
    I just wanted to let you all see the cars that I make out of cans. Getting great feedback from around the world!!!
    Visit my website if you are interested, www.sandyscancars.com
    Thanks
    Sandy
  • jokerjoker Member Posts: 9
    Chicago Suburbs here as well.
    G37x Sedan + Premium + Navigation + Splash Guards + mat.
    $35,600 quoted.
    Based on a post a couple pages back I offered 34K but 2 dealers passed.
    One offered to come down a couple hundred more but thats the best I could do.
    Don't know how the guy in Michigan got it for $33,800
    Maybe he traded in a vehicle and they made it up on that.
  • 01redz0601redz06 Member Posts: 21
    I have had one on my 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan since new. It works great and prevents 99% of the paint damage from road debris. I also have one on my 2008 Corvette Z06 and on the Corvette before that one. If you love your car, you will put one on it.
  • onurb11onurb11 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all that helped me by posting purchase prices. If new buyers find this helpful I hope they'll be sure to come back and post their terms.

12/30/09, Herb Chambers Boston, paid $33,374 + $289 doc fee for: 2009 G37x Premium, Nav, Splash Guards, Cargo Net, Trunk Mat. Financed 5 years at 4.79%.

Note: this car had 285 miles on it as it was demo'd "a couple times".

Invoice:
    G37x $33,029
    Premium $1,992
    Nav $1,862
    Splash Guards $115
    Cargo Net $47
    Trunk Mat $79
    Destination and handling $865
    Total: $37,989 (MSRP: $41,380)
    Price paid: $33,374 + $289 doc fee ($4,326 below invoice) at 4.79% financing.

Thoughts on the deal?
  • sfukrsfukr Member Posts: 13
    Congrats on the new G. Excellent price BTW. Where are you located? I'm looking to buy the same options G.
    Can you let us know the dealer location.
    I'm in OC California. Thanks.
  • sfukrsfukr Member Posts: 13
    G37 09 Journey Moonlight Stone with premium and nav for $32K even plus TTL. They agreed too easily so I think there must be huge year end incentives for dealers to unload 09's. Going to ping more dealers for better price. Don't be shy guys. It's last day of year and they need to hit their numbers.
  • taylor26taylor26 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Alphacarhunter,

I'm also looking to buy in Atlanta. Cheapest advertised is in Roswell, 29990 for g37 sedan w/ prem. What was your cost before TTF w/ doc fees etc.?
  • rcantelonrcantelon Member Posts: 6
    Hi joker, In response to your question: no, I did not have a trade-in, did have my own financing. This was a clean deal, and based on what I am reading, the prices may be $200-300 better in Atlanta and Bay Area. The Ann Arbor dealer had only 2 vehicles w/ premium and navigation. There are many dealers in Ohio with more '09's than demand will clean up this week; may be good to look outside Chicago. I stumbled on to this because another edmunds poster (#9175) got this same deal on Dec. 6th. Good luck.
  • woj207woj207 Member Posts: 54
    It looks like I'm about to pull the trigger on this deal.

G37x Wood Accent, Premium, Navigation, Trunk Mat, Kick Plates, Impact Sensor, First Aid kit, +lic/title/fees

I think MSRP comes out to 41,215 is paying $500 over MSRP (including license, title, fees) a good deal? Or should I be able to get more off on a 2010?
  • millwood0millwood0 Member Posts: 451
    "is paying $500 over MSRP (including license, title, fees) a good deal?"

yeah, if the car comes with a few gold bars in the trunk and a few high class hookers in the back.

seriously, something (the buyer or the car) has to be special for anyone to consider asking that question.
    OK, so maybe I phrased it wrong.

What kind of discount do you think I'll be able to get on a brand new 2010?

If invoice is $41,215, and people are bragging about getting a 2009 for $4k to $6k off of MSRP, but thats with nearly $5k in Infiniti incentives should I be trying to get $1-2k off of MSRP?

It's tough trying to figure out what the best deal out there actually is on a 2010.
    "What kind of discount do you think I'll be able to get on a brand new 2010? "

unfortunately, you are the only one capable of answering that question.

I mean, how much people are getting off of a 2009 car is irrelevant for what you are trying to do. the car is brand new and dealers are willing and able to charge more for them.

you have to determine for yourself how much you are willing to pay - nobody else can answer that question for you.

and then you have to determine how much the market, your local market, is willing to bear for that car at this time. Call around, negotiate and see what you get.

You are the trailblazer and there just isn't enough information to see what is market for the car right now.
  • sk84fungirlsk84fungirl Member Posts: 7
    Taylor, I purchased in Decatur on Tuesday. Deal about the same for the premium and great experience with internet sales team and onsite staff. If you want more info, let me know.
    thanks for the encouragement. I know i'm being a "trailblazer" here ( I just hope I don't blow out my knee), I was hoping for some insight to what the market might bear.

You were the one implying I was not getting a good deal when I was paying $500 over MSRP when License, Title, and Fees were included, i'm just trying to figure out just how much I should shoot for, I know the $5-6k under MSRP only applies to 2009, but should I expect to get $1-2K under?

I don't have many dealers to negotiate with, unless I'm driving 3-4 hours.
  • alphacarhunteralphacarhunter Member Posts: 4
    Taylor - the cost was $29,888 for the car, $499 for doc fees, and $43 for the tags, plus tax came out to $32,522. I bought mine at Roswell.
    woj207 - I think you should be able to get the dealer to discount the car $1500 from MSRP for you sales price then add TTL. If you wait a few weeks you might get a little more off.
    Thanks, that will be the the goal. I start negotiating today.
  • kaizenbobkaizenbob Member Posts: 1
    First time poster here who never thought that I would own a car of this caliber. (Teacher with limited financial clout) Incentives made the prospect enticing enough. Looking for a last minute opportunity to use the AMEX promotion. I purchased a G37x coupe on the day after Thanksgiving and discovered that there might be a chance to redeem a promotion with another Infiniti owner. Based on my research on previous threads, there needs to be another person who wishes to participate with a code(?). The promotion ends today and I would like to give it a try
    Would like to thank all of the people who have posted information on this website. Remarkable information repository network! Made me a much more informed consumer!
    reply to ---"woj207 - I think you should be able to get the dealer to discount the car $1500 from MSRP for you sales price then add TTL. If you wait a few weeks you might get a little more off. "

wow, dealing with dealer over the phone so far they are willing to give me $500 off, doesn't sound like much more.
  • ktt2008ktt2008 Member Posts: 7
    Well guys I wanted to share my experience. A week ago I had bought my baby in Chicago. G37x/Premium/Sport/Navi/etc. MSRP 42480 and bought it for 35500 + 150 doc fee +TTL. I got them to throw some wheel locks and all season mats in the deal. I wanted them to also add tinted windows but I guess its illegal in Chicago. I could of gotten more off from different dealership, but I wanted the Sport pkg and the red color.
    For example in Kansas City, they had a sport with navi that was red. But the MSRP was 43500 (aero dynamic pkg) plus another 1500 for accessories that they added. (Tint, clear bra and etc.). They quoted me 37100 so basically around 8000 off msrp. But that was over my budget when you include the taxes. I got quotes ranging from 7300 and 6300 off MSRP on a G37x with Navi in the midwest. I could not get close to 8000 like couple people did in the east coast except the quote from KC.
    Also I got the 3.7 finance from Bank of America. But remember if the dealership your dealing with is not an authrized dealer of bank of america you have to pay a 200 dollar fee.
    I thought of waiting for the 2010 but I could not pass on the deal. Plus I think for the people who bought the 09. I think we have a special edition car. Since the 08 was a G35 and the 10' is little different with the fog lights. Sorry to make this long but I am just grateful. Also want to thank Tim for his advice and source. Maybe I'll try to buy a car from you one day when I move back. Thanks and good luck.
  • cybernevetscybernevets Member Posts: 12
    I sent in my request on 19-Oct. After 8 weeks I contacted Infiniti and was told that the request was send to AmEx Incentive Services on 30-Nov. I called 877-227-0956 (number for non-received cards) and was told that the order was processed on 04-Dec and that I should have the card in 10 to 13 days. Please note that they have the sponsor as "Maritz" not Infiniti, as I believe that Maritz does some of the fulfillment/processing on Infiniti's behalf. I did not receive the card within this time frame and called back. My issue was escalated to "headquarters" and I was to hear back in 3 to 5 business. Of course, no response within this time frame. Another frustrating call to AmeEx Incentive Services today and I'm still getting the run around. Next call is to Infiniti customer care (800-426-4283), who is closed until the 4th. Thanks for reading my rant and a Happy New Year to all of you.
  • taylor26taylor26 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to you and sk84fungirl for posting your info, it really helped!!

Atlanta:
    2009 g37 Journey Premium + Nav
    $31,250, 34k OTD (gotta hate those Atlanta taxes!)
    (Clean - No Trade In)
  • hookedoncars2hookedoncars2 Member Posts: 10
    Sorry for the delayed reply.

I bought the car at Ft. Myers Infinity from the internet sales manager (Eric). Good guy and upfront. Like most feedback I'm hearing on Infinity dealerships, they treated me in a fair and professional manner.

Haven't talked with Eric since purchase, but I going to followup and see how their last couple days year end/month end sales went and what type of pricing changes, if any, are going on now. Just curious.

On another note, my purchase met the exact preferences I had regarding color combos and options, with the exception of the 18" tire/wheel package that was on the car. I'm happy with the ride though, since I was concerned the larger wheels might be less ride compliant. The ride is comparable to the 17" wheels, in my opinion. By the way, the car I purchased was the only one I would have made an offer. They had about 20 other 09 sedans on the lot, plus a decent selection of coupes and convertibles.
  • hookedoncars2hookedoncars2 Member Posts: 10
    Lets us know how things are going with your purchase. Good luck.
  • nojalopy1nojalopy1 Member Posts: 14
    Many people posting here are listing "doc fee" separately from the purchase price of the car. The doc fee is just a way of packing profit margin and is part of the purchase price!

Be educated and armed: know the invoice price and incentives, only use an out-the-door price offer, learn how to back calculate sales tax for a given out-the-door number. Once the dealer knows you've done your homework, the process becomes very straightforward.

The best thing that ever happened to the new car buying process is the Internet!
  • flyingfoolflyingfool Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 09 G37 w/ Sport, navi, premium sedan for 34,200 plus tax and title in the central fl area.

Seemed like a decent deal, thanks to all the other contributors for giving me some leverage in getting their price down.
  • punesguypunesguy Member Posts: 11
    It took about 6 hours but I ended up getting what I wanted (black on black G37XS with about every option possible). I think that Mike Ward Infiniti treated me fairly well on my trade ('03 Altima SE 3.5), the price on the new car was decent (about $6500 under MSRP) and they worked with me on financing (3.9% for 60 months). I really wanted to get a deal done for the sales tax benefits but a key was to have an offer from another dealer in hand. Originally, they wanted to give me $1500 less on the trade and 4.89% until I shared my written offer from the Audi dealer. I also printed out several posts from this forum and just asked them to be "fair" it definitely expedited the back and forth process. I'm picking it up tomorrow and can't wait to start having fun. Thank you so much for everyone's input on this site, it was a tremendous resource. Walking in educated minimized the anxiety and saved me a bunch of money. Best of luck to those of you that are still in the process and Happy New year to everyone!
  • nnocu04nnocu04 Member Posts: 6
    I am going to purchase an '09 sedan and I wanted to get everyone's opinion for buying before January 4th and taking advantage of the $3,500 in incentives, or waiting to see if there are even better incentives after the 4th?

sewellgsm, should I pull the trigger this weekend or wait until next week?

Thanks everyone!
  • pep08pep08 Member Posts: 2
    Wanted to know people's thoughts on how to respond to a dealers offer. I decided on an Infiniti G37X with premium package and navigation. The Infiniti salesman quoted me a sale price of 38,430 which was not far off from the Edmunds TMV in my zip code. In the printed quote, however, was a mysterious $4,600 "finance fee" and a 5.7% APR even though I have excellent credit. Suddenly the total sale price skyrocketed to 44,831. Infiniti guy was evasive when I questioned about the current incentives and low APRs being advertised. I really like the car but disliked the gimicky sales style wasting my time. Any advice on numbers I should counter with if I go back tomorrow? I may just go with a Lexus in the end since the guys there treated me better.
  • ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    I've also been on the fence. I'm sure that as the 2010s roll onto the lots, the 09s will be priced to move even more aggressively. However, the selection will also decrease.
  • ignitepassionignitepassion Member Posts: 9
    Yeah you should get 1300$+ off anyday ;)
    Keep us updated mate..! :P
    "Suddenly the total sale price skyrocketed to 44,831. "

you should be able to knock off at least $10K of that figure - I know because I just did that.

just read more earlier threads.
  • ross57ross57 Member Posts: 6
    For a 37x sedan with premium, I've received an offer of $32,817. Seems decent--almost $7000 below MSRP, $3500 below dealer invoice--but after reading some of the very helpful previous posts, I realize that I should have emphasized that I wanted an OTD price. I'm hoping that the dealer doesn't try to pile on any extras when I return today or Monday to close the deal. I buy cars infrequently (evidence: I'm trading in a '96 Volvo 850!), so all advice is welcome.
  • nl09nl09 Member Posts: 9
    nnocu04,

the dealers will not know until post Jan 04 what the new incentives will be (if any), otherwise, you could have a lot of unhappy customers who just missed out. Common sense suggests if ample inventory remains (which appears to be the case), the incentives will be no worse if not better plus increased motivation to move the cars out (purely speculation).
    You know I'm going to say "pull the trigger"! LOL

I don't think the incentives will get any better on Jan 5th and the selection is getting slim, so why wait?
    I think this is what is happening (could be wrong). You have a choice between Infiniti's Special Rates or $2500 - if you go with the money, then you have to use normal rates (which you can go to your own bank if you want). 5.7% sounds good - I have seen better but have seen worse too.

Now this $4600 finance fee is one of two things. It is either the amount of interest you will be paying over the life of the loan - this assumes you pay on time and you keep the vehicle the entire life of the loan - this is normal. If this is some "fee" and not the total interest amount - then something is wrong - there is NO fee for financing. I am assuming it is the first which is normal.

Hope this helps.
    We will not know until the 5th....
    Some folks here are probably going to give me some grief, but I was only able to get $750 off of MSRP on a 2010 G37x. I did my best but my local dealer was insistent that they don't discount 2010's at all and that the $750 was "an exception". I may have gotten played, but I accept the price, and will not be having buyers remorse.
    Like your honesty! The G37 is a ton of car for the money even at MSRP! :)
    The one thing about the car I will have to get used to is the lower ceiling height. I'm only just over 6ft, but i have a tall upper body, so I hit/bump my head on the ceiling with the seat all the way down.

I'll get used to it eventually.

I ended up with the G37x Premium, Navigation, plus some minor stuff, Illum Kick Plates, Carpeted Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, First Aid Kit, Impact Alarm Sensor.
  • pep08pep08 Member Posts: 2
    Went to a different Infiniti dealer today about 1 hour away. Got my slate blue 2009 G37x sedan with navigation and premium pacakge for 34,500 and OTD with TTL at 36,098. The financing through Bank of America was reasonable (3.09% for 36 mos). Taking the $2500 off worked slightly better than the 0% financing incentive for me. In total about $6500 off MSRP and $7000 less than the sales folks at the other dealership in my area. This dealership was much more of what I expected of Infiniti - no games or hassles. It pays to look around and make phone calls. Thanks for all the advice on the forum - much appreciated : )
  • vr7vr7 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2009 G37XS, with Nav and premium package for $34,500. They also gave me $3500 for my trade-in (99 Yukon with 110,000 miles) which I thought was fair) I got 3.44% financing for 60 months. Also got them to match the clear paint protection package prices from a local vendor and the dealer gives it a "lifetime" warranty which the vendor doesn't.

My one question. They were really pushing the 8 year /120,000 bumper to bumper warranty at like $2995. Kept saying that Infinity always loses money on it in the long run. What are peoples opinions on the warranty.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I saw your car pictures...nice.
  • ig37_dvrig37_dvr Member Posts: 5
    "The one thing about the car I will have to get used to is the lower ceiling height."

Are you saying the 2010 G has a lower ceiling than the 2009? I'm looking at the 2010 vs. the 2009 and just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!
    No I don't think it's lower, it's just lower than my old car ..
  • ptgregptgreg Member Posts: 15
    What is a good price for this vehicle? 2009 G37x COUPE, no Navigation but has the prem package. If I could ask those of you that have purchased this car what you got it for I would greatly appreciative. Thanks