Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    Yes, you will get a better price if you buy something that is on the dealer's lot. Otherwise, you incur transportation cost plus dealers rather sell off their lot to save time (and time is money for both parties). :)
    After I read your post, I did a quick search of the US for that car - what you are hearing is correct - only 8! It is the Tech package that makes it so rare.....where do you live?
  • csriram45csriram45 Posts: 53
    funny you mention as I test drove the exact vehicle over weekend. Its the test car for the dealership. Awesome vehicle... I am not looking at tech package though for my own purchase... want to cut down on price...
    $47K although seems more than $3K of MSRP as I would think the options you have will push the price to more towards $53K MSRP.
  • cougarredcougarred Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    I own a silver/black 2004 G35 Sedan with 54K miles. I leased it from SW Infiniti in Houston for 39 months, then bought it off my lease with an extended warranty.

My only complaints about it are excessive road noise, ultra-tight suspension, and poor gas mileage in the city. I test drove one of the 2010 G37 sedans the other day, and it appears my complaints have been answered, at least in the non-sport version with regular tires.

So as we near the end of the month, and after researching prices on Truecar.com and CarsDirect.com, I blasted an e-mail to various Infiniti dealers around the state of Texas asking for their best offer on a

White/wheat Journey RWD Auto with:

Premium pkg
    Navigation pkg
    Wood accents

There aren't that many G37s with those specifications in Texas! Fortunately, Grubbs Infiniti in Euless offered one with those options plus illuminated kick plates and splash guards for $36,011, which is below factory invoice due to a $1000 in dealer cash promotion that's going on.

Needless to say, I jumped on it. Grubbs is going to give me $11K for my trade in (which would be equivalent to $11,660 at Car Max given the tax break). After TTL and getting a refund on the balance of my extended warranty on the G35, I'm out the door with a new car at $26K. I figure I'll drive it at least 6 years.

I was looking over my old paperwork, and I paid $33,700 back in 2004 for the G35 without navigation. Hard to believe that G37s with navigation today are going for almost exactly the same nominal price as G35s with navigation six years ago, considering:

1) all the money we've printed in the last 6 years;
    2) the improved engine;
    3) the improved transmission;
    4) the improved technology.
  • all4yallall4yall Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    I just got off of the phone with a local deal in West TN. I was offered the Journey G37 Sedan for 33,639; MSRP was like $35,700 per him. He also said that I could get 2.9% for 60 months. He didn't keep base models on the lot, but could get it for me. Should I wait to see if Infiniti comes out with better June Incentives?

Also, I work on commission so, I would rather have lower monthly payments and the option to pay it off like a lease. What can I expect the lease payment and residual to be on this car. I guess, I add up the payments plus the residual and compare that to the payments for the buy option....I have Xcellent credit so the MF should be the lowest offered by Infiniti Finance.
  • carsrock1carsrock1 Posts: 4
    What would invoice be relative to MSRP?
  • Dealer still has one new '09 G37 sedan on lot... MSRP of $41,380 (Premium + NAV pkg). Their current offer is $4500 discount + trade-in of $3K (for '98 Lexus ES 300). Trade-in is fair, but I was expecting discount off MSRP to be more like $6500+ since it's '09. Is that unreasonable?? After reading thru Forum, it looks like others are getting 2010 for at least $5K+ under MSRP, so why would I pay same price for a 1-yr older car, esp when I'm helping them get rid of old inventory?

Couple more questions: Where/How do I find invoice price? Is it better to negotiate off of invoice or MSRP? Also, dealer says no lease option available for '09 even though still new - they offer purchase only. Is that typical? Just curious.

I want to be reasonable in my negotiations/expectations but don't want to be taken advantage of or leave $$ on table. Thanks for any and all guidance!! Much appreciated.
    All of us dealers got $2500 from Infiniti at the model end close out. So, the dealer should give you at least $5500 off - if not more.

Infiniti has an 8.5% mark-up from invoice to MSRP so you can figure out the invoice. There are no good lease options left on the 09.

Hope this helps. :)
  • ujjavalpujjavalp Posts: 4
    you got the good deal. Can you write the name of your dealer.
  • Thanks for response, sewellgsm. Very helpful! :)
    "You got the good deal. Can you write the name of your dealer?"

Grubbs Infiniti near DFW airport.
    In looking over Infiniti's sales figures the last several months, I was astonished to learn that out of every 100 Infinitis sold, 40 are G Sedans!**

And the G Sedan faces the most competitive segment in the market, jockeying with the 3-series, TL, ES/IS, C-Class, Genesis, CTS, A4 etc.

No wonder Infiniti offers a great performance and lots of goodies at a competitive price. They have to. It's their bread and butter!

** Of the other 60, 16 are G Coupes/Convertibles, 16 are M sedans, and the other 28 are spread among the 3 SUV offerings. Compare Acura, whose MDX is their best selling model. Among the other entry level luxury sedans, only the A4 sedan comes close to matching the G Sedan in terms of percent of units sold.
  • ddwinellddwinell Posts: 2
    I've lurked on this forum the past several years whenever the need has arisen to purchase/lease another vehicle and have always been served well by the information obtained so I'd like to return the favor by sharing my experience yesterday at South Bay Infiniti in Los Angeles.

2010 G37 Journey Sedan with Nav & Prem packages and Cargo Mat, Net, First Aid Kit
    MSRP: $39,510
    Selling Price: $34,400

48 Month Lease, 12k miles/yr (went with 48 vs. 39 to avoid the loss in year 4 reg. fees)
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00193
    +1000 loyalty rebate toward drive-offs (turning in an Altima)
    $699 drive off
    $441/mnth

I feel I got a pretty darn good deal. Especially stoked since I'm paying less than I did on the 48-month lease for my '03 G35 Sedan!

If you live in SoCal and are in the market, Oscar Zamora, the dealership's Internet/Fleet Manager, was a pleasure to work with.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    "48 Month Lease, 12k miles/yr (went with 48 vs. 39 to avoid the loss in year 4 reg. fees) "
    Very archaic rule that many states have gotten rid of. If I lease a car in AZ for 39 months I still pay my renewal for a year at 36 months, but when I turn the car in at 39 months I can get a refund for 9 months of registration, or it can be applied to my new lease or purchase by the deal.
  • ujjavalpujjavalp Posts: 4
    bought G37 X - red with granite int., Nav. and premium, all weather mat, illuminated light, nonsport wheel guard. MSRP 24141.paid 38250. 0% for 36 months. Very happy with the treatment by dealer. Infinity beats Audi and Lexus in terms of service at the showroom. better ride than Audi.
  • fpinhofpinho Posts: 43
    Hi all,

Just wanted to share my deal with everyone that I finally closed this past Saturday.

2010 G37X Sedan Liquid Platinum/Graphite with Premium, Nav, Sport, Wood, couple other extras.

MSRP: 42,760.00
    Selling Price: 38,211.00

36 Month Lease, 10k miles/yr
    Residual: 62%
    MF: .00175
    Bank Fee Rolled in to lease 595.00
    1000.00 Cap Cost (This is my loyalty $$)
    Net Cap Cost: 37806.00

Total Due at Lease Signing: 843.00 (1st Month, DMV, Doc Fee)
    Also made 5 MSD's which cost me: 2250.00

I also had a trade in at 17400.00 which the dealer gave me a check for 3K since I had equity in the car.

My monthly payment is 394.00 with zero tax due to my trade in. Very happy with the deal. I was paying this amount for my 2005 G35 and that one only had premium package.

If anyone wants to know the dealer they are by far the best I have dealt with please shoot me an email and I will share the details with you. I also want to thank John for all his help in this process.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,994
    Why don't you just share the details here. It is perfectly ok to name dealers and cities. Read the red print at the bottom of this page.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Looks like a great deal...congratulations. I don't know much about leasing...what is the purpose of multiple security deposits?
  • First of all, I love the car. Handles and sounds great.

Why am I always left with a bad taste when it comes to buying from dealers?

Bought the car from West Houston Infiniti.

Emailed them for a quote... Sales manager replies that he is selling the cars at invoice during Memorial Day weekend. Quotes me the invoice pricing for a couple of cars (Base G37: 31.7K, G37 Journey 33K). Won't charge for window tint and wheel locks. Lease would be based on the invoice price. Money factor would be 0.0017 etc. The dealer has tax credits and will give them to me for my lease. Takes the VIN on my trade in and offers $21K, which I am very happy with.

Get to the dealership... have to deal w a sales person, not the new car sales manager I talked to on the phone (no big deal). Sales person quotes me prices that are higher than previously thought... 'wheel locks and tint must be paid for' he says... He looks at my trade in and says that the front has been repainted and wonders if it's been in an accident. I tell him no. He puts it on the hoist to examine. I figure if they think there is real damage, or uncertainty, they will cut the trade in value signficantly. They come back with $20.7K. You are telling me that all of this uncertaintly causes you to reduce the trade in value by $300??? Does this make sense??? Nickel and diming. Nevertheless, I don't want to walk away yet.

Now I get back to the price negotiation. He brings me another manager (not the guy I talked to on the phone)... fast talker... we start talking about lease terms. Tells me the money factor needs to be 0.0025, not the 0.0017. I should have walked out at this point. Tells me that the tax credits aren't exactly free and they must gross it up by a certain amount (1.2% or about $440)... first time leasing a car, so I don't know... Magically he brings the MF down to 0.0021... says that's the best he can do...

I finally agree to the final terms with a $451 monthly payment ($2700 down, 58% residual, 39 month lease, $23K buyout), but just can't help I left money on the table. Frustrating. I've bought 5 cars since moving down to Houston and three times they changed the deal.

People wonder why car sales people have bad reputations.

As an aside, I'm amazed at how busy the dealership was. No recession here...
  • Sounds to me like you got a decent deal at 451 a month. Good deal that you got all but 440 in tax paid by the dealer. I understand that most states dont allow for the tax credit but Texas does. That money factor sounds reasonably low. It does sound like a lot to go through on the trade for 300 bucks though. How do you like the ride of the Sport model?
  • Thanks for the reassurance. It feels like I got taken a bit when I look at all of the postings who saved $4 to $5K off MSRP.

The car is awesome. I've had a 2008 BMW 528i (handles awesome but definitely underpowered) and a 2007 Lexus IS350 (powerful, but loose handling) in the last 30 months, and this is a great combination of handling and power. The sport seats are the best!
    I am really surprised that they gave you any kind of quote for your trade over the phone. That they came within $300 of the phone quote I think is pretty good.

My guess on the money factor is your credit score. The rate quoted on the phone is for Tier 0 or 1. The last I heard tier 0 was 740+ and tier 1 is 700 - 739. If you are lower then that you are going to pay a higher MF. Some unscrupulous dealers will mark up the money factor, but not by the almost 2% amount you mentioned.
  • zambukzambuk Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

Recenly i'm looking for a car and i found this used 2009 G37 sedan base model (Perfect condition) from an Infiniti dealarship website. I have never dealt with a dealership. So, i'm hoping that you guys would give me some advices. Here is the information of the car:

Retail price: $25,900
    Asking price: $24,900
    Pre-Owned Clear Title
    2009 Infiniti G37
    Mileage: 26,347
    Warranty:Factory Warranty
    Transmission:7 Spd Automatic
    Engine:3.7L V6 SFI DOHC 24V Gasoline
    Exterior Color: Garnet Ember
    Interior Color: Graphite

NOTE: CARFAX shows that this car was a rental car before for 1 year 2 months.
    Next time try Sewell Infiniti of Houston - in the Woodlands. Enjoy the car.
    Here is a quick recap our just one dealership (of 180+) located in Texas.

Numbers below are averages! (some deals were higher, some lower, some folks added accessories, some did not, some cars base while others fully loaded, some had trade-ins, others did not, etc.)

We sold:

40 G37 sedans at an average sell point of $19 below invoice (due to the $1000 sell down cash, we actually made $981 per car).

13 G37 coupes at an average sell point of $497 over invoice (due to the $1000 sell down cash, we actually made $1497 per car)

13 G convertibles at an average sell point of $1242 over invoice (due to the $1000 dealer cash, we actually made $2242 per car)

Now, most all the deals I read about on this site are below these averages, which I expect - we had some "skinny" deals too - this is just what the averages ended up at. Not everyone is as savvy as the Forum readers. We also sold a total of 134 Infinitis which was 1 vehicle behind the dealer that led the country - so we are high volumn as well. Hope this type of information helps as you do your shopping this month. :)
    The incentives did not change from May.

09 G's = nothing really left, treat as if a pre-owned vehicle at this point.

10 G sedan or coupe: $1000 plus special rates (0% for 36, 2.9% for 60, 4.9% for 72) If you lease there is either a $1000 Loyalty Rebate or Conquest Rebate

10 G convertible: $1000 OR special rates (no loyalty rebates or conquest)

Still not as good as it was at the end of 2009, wouldn't expect much better than this till August. Good luck out there. :)
    Still not as good as it was at the end of 2009, wouldn't expect much better than this till August. Good luck out there.

You think things are going to be better then the $2000 available now on a lease in August? I have an 08 sedan that I'm about even on and new tires and registration are coming up August. Don't know if I should pull the trigger now or wait for August.
    To clarify: as far as I know if leasing you can get $1000 off (Loyalty Rebate OR Conquest Rebate - can't get both) plus whatever the dealer is willing to discount.

Depending on the state you live in - tax implications are big when dealing with a lease. In Texas, they have sales tax credits this month (so consumers pay no sales tax - saves 6.25% but they do pay a 1.2% L&M fee to get the credits, so they net a 5% savings - which is huge).

Generally speaking, if you wait till the end of you lease, you don't have to worry about remaining payments, but if your worried about buying tires and you can breakeven now - that is a tough one. The lease will NOT be worse in August, but will it be so much better to offset the cost of tires?? Not sure about that. If you can make it till August - I'd wait....it is only 58 days away...
    I know the dealer cash ($1000 at this time) is usually not available with special financing and leases, but the Edmunds incentives list states that it is available with special financing at this time. Is it not available with a lease?

No such luck with taxes in AZ. In fact the numbskulls voters here just approved a "temporary" 1% sales tax increase "for the children"
  • all4yallall4yall Posts: 7
    I want to eventually own the G37 journey, but want the lower monthly payments. Can anyone help me see how much I would be paying extra vs. just using the 60 month lower interest as opposed to buying at lease end. I gess I could use the 72 months for the lower payments, but I also like the idea of giving it back if I want something else.