Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ncognito13ncognito13 Posts: 66
    Not an expert on this..but...3k back of MSRP sounds too pricey...I am thinking you should be shooting for at least 5k off MSRP...or more....unless in your area there is a big run on Infiniti Coupes.....shoot lower..and if you don't get a price your happy with...walk....In order to truly negotiate you have to be able to get up and walk out if you are not happy with the deal...Be curious as to how you make out as I am going to buy a Coupe X w/ premium package in Aug or Sept.
  • tweetletweetle Posts: 3
    I just realized the list price I posted previously was off (it came from the email quote). I think it's incorrect, the following should be more accurate, it's what edmunds gave me:

MSRP = 45,715
    Invoice = 41,860
    True Market Value = 42,842

My best quote so far is

which is $ 4,325 under MSRP, and slightly better than TMV.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,898
    TMV is almost always a fair amount higher than what the cars are usually going for on the street. Most people are getting around $5k off the sedan. You should be able to do at least that well on the coupe if not $500 more off.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    Just be sure to get it from Sewell for the best service, lowest fees, best trade-in, etc. There is a reason they sell more Infinitis than anyone in the Nation! :)
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    I think you are pushing the line on your post. How about pulling back on the self promotion which you seem to be doing more and more?
    Just reminding everyone that the price is just one factor of many on a car "deal". Many dealers get customers to focus on price alone and they make up the difference on the trade, the financing package, after-market products, doc fees, etc. :)
  • "TMV is almost always a fair amount higher than what the cars are usually going for on the street"

I have also noticed that sometimes the TMV price seems higher than what posters claim they paid. We have to remember edmund prices say thay are the average price, obviously meaning some have paid lower and some are higher. Definitely doesnt mean most are paying what we an informed buyer pays. Thats why this forum is so valuable .... I prefer to be in the lowest paying half of buyers. LOL
  • johnnybcarjohnnybcar Posts: 6
    You might also want to check out http://www.truecar.com. I checked them out and saw an average price of about $500 above invoice. Better yet, they have dealers there bidding on your business -- they list out their best offers. The best one I found was for $1300 Below invoice. Of course, things might be different in your zipcode. Just enter your zip and see what the best offer is. Hope this helps!
  • tweetletweetle Posts: 3
    Thanks for the ongoing advice everybody.

An update: I was at the dealer today, and apparently the particular car combination I am looking for is rare; he said there's only one in the central U.S. region that matches the exterior/ interior color I want, along with the packages/ options I want.

I feel this will hurt my chances of getting the best price possible, is that true? If I want a better deal, should I consider a slightly different car combo?
  • yohiyohi Posts: 3
    I am in the same category as Tweetie. I have been searching for a black or graphite 2010 convertible with Tech, Premium and Navigation. I have found several dealerships that either have one at their lot or have one being delivered in the near future. I am willing to have it shipped to me, as long as I can get a reasonable price for that, but I just want to be sure that I am getting it for a good price. I have one that I am looking at that is being offered at a little under $3000 under MSRP. I am sorry, but I don't have a copy of the invoice price, as I am out of town at this time. I think it was around $47k and it includes illuminated kick plates, wind deflector, performance tire and wheel, wood package and first aid kit. What do you think?
    Yes, you will get a better price if you buy something that is on the dealer's lot. Otherwise, you incur transportation cost plus dealers rather sell off their lot to save time (and time is money for both parties). :)
    After I read your post, I did a quick search of the US for that car - what you are hearing is correct - only 8! It is the Tech package that makes it so rare.....where do you live?
  • csriram45csriram45 Posts: 53
    funny you mention as I test drove the exact vehicle over weekend. Its the test car for the dealership. Awesome vehicle... I am not looking at tech package though for my own purchase... want to cut down on price...
    $47K although seems more than $3K of MSRP as I would think the options you have will push the price to more towards $53K MSRP.
  • cougarredcougarred Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    I own a silver/black 2004 G35 Sedan with 54K miles. I leased it from SW Infiniti in Houston for 39 months, then bought it off my lease with an extended warranty.

My only complaints about it are excessive road noise, ultra-tight suspension, and poor gas mileage in the city. I test drove one of the 2010 G37 sedans the other day, and it appears my complaints have been answered, at least in the non-sport version with regular tires.

So as we near the end of the month, and after researching prices on Truecar.com and CarsDirect.com, I blasted an e-mail to various Infiniti dealers around the state of Texas asking for their best offer on a

White/wheat Journey RWD Auto with:

Premium pkg
    Navigation pkg
    Wood accents

There aren't that many G37s with those specifications in Texas! Fortunately, Grubbs Infiniti in Euless offered one with those options plus illuminated kick plates and splash guards for $36,011, which is below factory invoice due to a $1000 in dealer cash promotion that's going on.

Needless to say, I jumped on it. Grubbs is going to give me $11K for my trade in (which would be equivalent to $11,660 at Car Max given the tax break). After TTL and getting a refund on the balance of my extended warranty on the G35, I'm out the door with a new car at $26K. I figure I'll drive it at least 6 years.

I was looking over my old paperwork, and I paid $33,700 back in 2004 for the G35 without navigation. Hard to believe that G37s with navigation today are going for almost exactly the same nominal price as G35s with navigation six years ago, considering:

1) all the money we've printed in the last 6 years;
    2) the improved engine;
    3) the improved transmission;
    4) the improved technology.
  • all4yallall4yall Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    I just got off of the phone with a local deal in West TN. I was offered the Journey G37 Sedan for 33,639; MSRP was like $35,700 per him. He also said that I could get 2.9% for 60 months. He didn't keep base models on the lot, but could get it for me. Should I wait to see if Infiniti comes out with better June Incentives?

Also, I work on commission so, I would rather have lower monthly payments and the option to pay it off like a lease. What can I expect the lease payment and residual to be on this car. I guess, I add up the payments plus the residual and compare that to the payments for the buy option....I have Xcellent credit so the MF should be the lowest offered by Infiniti Finance.
  • carsrock1carsrock1 Posts: 4
    What would invoice be relative to MSRP?
  • Dealer still has one new '09 G37 sedan on lot... MSRP of $41,380 (Premium + NAV pkg). Their current offer is $4500 discount + trade-in of $3K (for '98 Lexus ES 300). Trade-in is fair, but I was expecting discount off MSRP to be more like $6500+ since it's '09. Is that unreasonable?? After reading thru Forum, it looks like others are getting 2010 for at least $5K+ under MSRP, so why would I pay same price for a 1-yr older car, esp when I'm helping them get rid of old inventory?

Couple more questions: Where/How do I find invoice price? Is it better to negotiate off of invoice or MSRP? Also, dealer says no lease option available for '09 even though still new - they offer purchase only. Is that typical? Just curious.

I want to be reasonable in my negotiations/expectations but don't want to be taken advantage of or leave $$ on table. Thanks for any and all guidance!! Much appreciated.
    All of us dealers got $2500 from Infiniti at the model end close out. So, the dealer should give you at least $5500 off - if not more.

Infiniti has an 8.5% mark-up from invoice to MSRP so you can figure out the invoice. There are no good lease options left on the 09.

Hope this helps. :)
  • ujjavalpujjavalp Posts: 4
    you got the good deal. Can you write the name of your dealer.
  • Thanks for response, sewellgsm. Very helpful! :)