Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura MDX Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• nswaalonswaalo Posts: 3
    Please share with the group once you find out. I'm in the same situation, but I think it would be costly to change.
  • ivicaivica Posts: 34
    I'm looking to buy a MDX in the states and then import into Canada. I would appreciate knowing which dealers were good to work with.

Regards

J.
  • dexterbotdexterbot Posts: 4
    it sounds like this is a known issue and actually it's a feature of the ABS. At least that's what I've read and I've read a lot of different boards about this issue.

If this happens only once after starting, it's very likely the ABS self-diagnostic. About 50 feet after you start rolling, the anti-lock brakes valves activate one at a time to verify they're working.

Unless someone else wants to chime in.
  • heart2heart2 Posts: 38
    Any pointers to changing the air filter? Bought either a Fram or Purolator and it looks like bolts are hard to get at. Thanks
  • Tommyj1-

Thanks for posting this information -- I thought I had gotten a lemon. I just bought my 2008 MDX and have had the same problem with the rear suspension. I don't really hear it much over small bumps, but when I drive over potholes and go up or down driveways, the clunking noise is horrendous. That is unacceptable for a luxury SUV, especially considering that the problem has been around since the '07 model year. I hope that the dealership can fix the problem when I go in tomorrow. Thanks to you, they can't say, "we can't replicate the problem..."
  • mfred -

I have the same problem with my car and after reading this forum, I found info on the 07-033 TSB. I was going to bring the car in tomorrow to see if the dealer can fix the problem per the TSB, but you are saying that the problem wasn't fixed? I'll let you know how it goes with my service -- stay tuned.
  • ncmdxncmdx Posts: 19
    A few years ago, I thought I read a post that stated that dealers will sale the "Certified" warranty to existing Acura owners. My MDX just passed the 45k mile mark and would be interested in finding out if I can get Acura Certification. Maybe I dreamed it, as now I cannot find any postings related to that discussion. However, I seem to recall that it was $500, but a dealer in VA was selling it for about half that.

If anyone happens to know, I would be very appreciative of information one way or the other.
  • Asianbanker,

Any update on whether you got your issue fixed? I just bouhght an 08 MDX Sport and have the same noise from rear suspension. Dealer replaced rear shocks, sound went away for a day or so and is now back - very interested in hearing what your issue was and if it was resolved. Also, have you noticed the noise changing with additional weight in the car e.g. more noise with 4 people in the car than just one person?

Thanks.
  • vaughn4vaughn4 Posts: 106
    Too bad you did not come to this forum before purchasing your 08 MDX. The issue you are experiencing is a well known problem with the new generation MDX. You'll have to learn to live with it as the fixes they have are only band-aids - The noises will eventually return. I know from experience. It is very disheartening indeed as you paid or are paying a good amount of dough for your MDX.
  • dms9dms9 Posts: 137
    I had problems with mine, but they ultimately found that I had a broken baffle in a muffler, which they replaced. I was really annoyed at first, but they worked out the bugs and it feels solid, no rattles at all. Pester your dealer, they can fix it if they want to. My dealer was fantastic, they went over and above what I would expect and got it corrected. -- Pohanka in Northern VA. If your dealer can't fix it, take it to another dealer.
  • dkim1dkim1 Posts: 10
    I had mixed results with Pohanka where I purchased my 07 mdx. Tom Smith was the advisor who kept ignoring my complaints of "popping" sounds upon starting the ignition. He told me three different reasons each time I took it in. I finally asked one of the service technician on his break to do me a favor and take a look and he fixed the problem in 30 minutes...He looked up the Acura Website for the known problems and solutions and it turned out that my MDX needed a software upgrade. Who was your service advisor?
  • dms9dms9 Posts: 137
    Jayson McCullogh, he is fantastic. You should use him.
  • Quick update - my dealer was told by Acura to 'grease' the rear struts - they have and the noise has not come back for a few weeks now.... fingers crossed!
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    I've got a 2001 MDX getting close to the 100K mileage marked. How much have folks been recently paid for the 105K major service??
  • Just made an appt for next week and was told $1250 - not expected but if that lets me drive another 100k then its worth it - interested in others experiences too. And I have had ALL of the 2001 MDX problems noted in the string and the good news was my dealer stood between me and the Acura regional folks and got most things covered that should not have gone bad
  • scjdscjd Posts: 5
    My 2002 MDX is experiencing sudden jumps in RPM (100-200) during highway cruising without any additional input from the pedal. Any idea what can be a problem?
  • Hi,
    I am planning to buy MDX 2004 w/50K mileage form the local dealer (not acura, eg. Toyota). The question is, am I qualified to buy an acura care extended warranty plan after my purchase? If the answer is yes, then, is this warranty will cover my MDX in USA and Canada? Because certified acura vehicles are covered in entire North America........
    Your thought will appreciated.
    Thank you
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    I tried to buy an extended warranty from Bernardi for our '04 MDX w/ 55k on it and it was unavailable. Too old or too many miles, I can't remember.
  • Okay, 2 1/2 years later I forgot I posted that question. But I see you posted a fix. I still never fixed the lights , but will try now that you posted the help. Thanks.
  • tkv_01tkv_01 Posts: 20
    I had it for 3 three weeks. I took it back to the dealer four times already but it still there. When it hit to the higway speed ( 70 and above) the steering start vibrating and bit shaking too. The dealer did put the new set of tires and did something with the rotors. Do you have any suggestion?