Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• joe104joe104 Posts: 15
    The MSRP (includes destination)on the 2006 Touring with NAV and RES is $44,815, no accessories. Dealer Invoice is $40,442, but the dealers are actually paying $38,116 to the factory for that car, (Dealer Holdback of $1,326 +Dealer Incentive of $1,000).

I bought an MDX with NAV, MSRP running boards, side body moldings and Theft Protection (etched glass) for $39,142. The MSRP as equipped was $44,950 (neither price includes tax, title or license). Purchase price was 12.92% below MSRP and 2.5619% below Dealer Invoice.
  • Not me but i cross shopped this, a Murano, FX 35 and the Subaru Tribeca.
    Took the 7 pass Tribeca, with DVD, NAV and all the goodies, $0 down and $480/month inc tax.
    Wanted the Fx but too small, MDX nice but a bit bland and everyone has one, Murano very nice but again they are everywhere, so took the factory lease from Subie, initially hated the look, but it's grown on me, hence i considered it and the interior is superb.
    Eitherway good luck they are in the end all good vehicles.
  • I'm looking for one in California. Where do you get this price? Thanks!
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    It looks like I am seeing best prices of $33,000 base or $35,500 touring.

I have a subscription to CR car buying service and it lists a dealer incentive of $1,000 that begins 4/3/06.

Does this mean I could expect prices of $32,000 base or $34,500 touring?

I was looking at a TL, but I could get the base MDX for about the same price. It seems like I would be getting more for my money with the MDX at $32K.
  • I found this forum very useful regarding the acquisition of my 2006 MDX with NAV including the destination charge @ the sale price of $38050.00 on 03/15/2006. I traded a 1997 Ford Explorer Limited for $3000.00 which brought my purchase price to $35050.00. My traded vehicle had 90K miles on it.
    I hope this info may help others looking for a reasonable deal.
  • mayhermayher Posts: 41
    Do you have any additional information on the dealer incentive to be available 4/3? Sometimes these are local or regional incentives designed to help clear up excess inventory. I am close to purchasing an MDX, but would like to take advantage of this if avail. to me. What part of the US do you live in? Any info. you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I saw the $1,000 dealer incentive listed on Consumer Reports Car Buying Website, so the incentive must be national.

I e-mailed a dealership today asking about this incentive. They e-mailed me back a quote for a base MDX of $33,500, but didn't elaborate on the incentive.

I e-mailed them back asking if the price included the incentive, or if the price would be lower next month when the incentive kicks in (according to CR), but I have not received a response yet.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,872
    I wonder if the incentive expires on 4/3/06?

Usually, even the dealers don't know about upcoming incentives.. If they did, no one would buy the cars now.. they would all wait..

It seems counter-intuitive that CR would know about an incentive that hasn't been announced yet.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

You might be correct.

I did get an e-mail back from the dealer and he said the price of $33,500 for a base MDX did include the incentive. He said that he has had this incentive since February, so maybe the date of 4/3/06 on Consumer Reports is the expiration date.

I think this dealer may take $33,000 for the base if I make that offer. I am trying to decide between the base MDX for $33k or the base TL for $31k. I originally wanted the TL, but I am leaning towards the MDX now because it just seems like I would be getting more for my money.
  • mayhermayher Posts: 41
    Thanks to both yourself and kyfdx for the information. He is probably correct that this may the expiration date for this incentive. Mfg's purposly do not release future incentives until the day of to prevent dealers from sandbagging sales.

33K for a base sounds about right. I have a price in the Chgo. area of $33,374 including shipping which translates to $700.00 under invoice. I also am fairly certain that this dealer would take about 33k.

Still working with a couple of local dealers on better pricing, will let you know what I find.

Thanks again
  • mlingomlingo Posts: 1
    Picking up in two hours the only thing not added was tax and $199.50 for destination fee. Baught in Littleton Colorado at Courtesy Acura. We have 4 Acura dealers I called the first one and got a starting price of 41K then called the other 3 the best one came back at 39,500 but was 70 miles away called back the first one that is only 3 miles away and they gave me the $39,750 Black on Black
  • lucyglucyg Posts: 3
    Thank you for the help. I bought a MDX with touring for $40,450 (out-of-door price) with a few free accessories from Champion Acura in Houston. Did all the negotiation online. Hopefully this info would be helpful for people who is shopping around.
  • lucyglucyg Posts: 3
    Sorry, a typo. It is Touring with Navigation. Thanks.
  • hankykimhankykim Posts: 3
    Criswell Acura in Annapolis, MD
  • smanduesmandue Posts: 1
    2006 MDX with touring+NAV+DVD, I just asked them to match carsdirect.com's price, which is $40292.00. Plus a $600 leather detailing service. Is this a fair price? I certainly hope so and just hand over a case of cash for it. hehe.
  • needmdx1needmdx1 Posts: 3
    Does it include taxes? I heard it should cost something like $42K out the door for 2006 touring_NAV+DVD
  • needmdx1needmdx1 Posts: 3
    mumu2x,
    Any update on your buying experience, final cost, which dealer...I am also looking for MDX/NAV in the Atlanta Area.
    appreciate your reply
  • cnncnn Posts: 2
    you should bargain down lower than carsdirect not just match!
    i took one out tonite at
    $38,900+tax included running board...
  • joe104joe104 Posts: 15
    2006 Acura MDX YD1886JNW MDX w/NAV AWD

Base Price-----------------37,507.00
    Running Boards---------------750.00
    Side Body Moldings----------286.00
    Theft Guard--------------------599.00
    Price Paid----------------$39,142.00
    Vehicle Inventory Tax--------99.19
    License--------------------------60.80
    Title----------------------------33.00
    Inspection-------------------21.75
    County Road & Bridge Fee-----10.00
    Documentary Fee--------------50.00
    Tax (6.25%)---------------2,446.38
    Drive Out ---------------$41,863.12

Bought in Dallas, TX
  • tdringtdring Posts: 1
    I am also in Houston and am shopping. Can you tell me who you worked with at that dealer? Thanks.