Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• oh yeah!!! my mom has a benz, and her service is HORRIBLE at the dealership she goes to (she doesn't go to the same place she bought it at...) hahaha...it's great you have a great dealership nearby!!
  • lausylausy Posts: 14
    Pohanka in Chantilly, VA. $44,800 plus tax and tags, no additional fees.
  • ppatppat Posts: 4
    Hi wtliao321,

Can you tell me who was your salesperson at Rosenthal? I am also looking to buy 2008 MDX Tech/Ent this week from there, possibly as early as 10/28. Also, did they give you a good deal on any accessories or maint?

Thanks in advance.
  • Arthur Parsons is my Internet sales consultant. I was able to negotiate to $100 below invoice on 08 MDX Tech/Ent, which is $42300 (including destination and wheel lock) + $95 fee + $255 registration and 5% MD Tax. The accessories are about 5-10%discount. You should be able find better deal online.

Overall buying experience at Rosenthal Acura is pleasant. They would offer your the lowest price in Washington DC area, as long as you can find the lower offer from the other dealer and they will beat it. Good luck on your purchase.
  • ppatppat Posts: 4
    Thanks wtliao321. Just saw your message after returning from Rosenthal. :-) Made a deal this afternoon for 08 Tech/Ent- 42933 + 95 fee + 255 + tax with all season mats, wheel locks, cargo tray, gold emblem and roof rack with cross bars. Delivery on Wed since our color choice wasn't available today. Can't wait!
  • Hi there. We were also at Rosenthal yesterday afternoon and got the 2008 Tech/Ent for $42,797 + $95 fee + tags + MD tax. However, we had to pay $479 for the roof rack with cross bars!! After reading your post, I feel really taken. We put $1,000 down and they will be looking for a silver/tan combo which they say they will have ready by this week. I called my salesperson to complain, however, he says without finding out your information, there is little he can do. Is there any way you could email me directly at kmkim1994@yahoo.com to give me your information?(that is if you feel comfortable) I am so angry. I know we are only talking several hundreds of dollars on a really nice vehicle but I am so angry that I might consider walking. Readers, please advise on what I should do. Thanks
  • bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    I think you guys in MD are getting very good deals. I paid 43.2 for tech and ent. only 2 or 3 weeks or so ago in NY without any of the goodies you mentioned. Someone is always going to get a better deal. If you didn't have them make a representation to you that no one is getting a better price today, then too bad for you. If you did that, then by all means tell them to change the price as they breached the representation. Don't be mad because someone did better. You still have a very good deal.
  • dannjdannj Posts: 7
    just got back from the dealer - here are the numbers - i would greatly appreciate any opinions on how fair a deal this is...

Got the MDX Tech for $400 under invoice - extras included are roof rack with cross bars, cargo cover and running board...

out of pocket = 1st month payment, Doc fees $189, 4 year motor vehicle reg for NJ = $354, bank fee $595 = total out of pocket of $1816

Monthly payment including sales tax = $678 with 22,000 miles/year for 42 month lease ...so if it were a base 15K mile/year lease the monthly would be approximately $602/month....

the killer is always the add'l mileage for me but i was able to get the extra mileage at a rate of 10 cents per mile...

i called 2 other dealers and they could not come close to this deal but who knows ??

any opinions would be greatly appreciated - the truck should be ready for pick up later this week so i can still cancel if this deal is too expensive compared to others on this board...

thanks in advance
    Can't speak to leasing as I paid cash but boy, for $400 under invoice, I would have driven to NJ to Long Island to pick up car. $1,200 for an afternoon would have been worth it.
  • I agree with bill124 about the MD deals being good, but I am sometimes skeptical about the validity of some of the deals posted here...too much "one upmanship" goes on in these forums for me to trust them all (I'm not saying that's the case here, but still - someone always wants to boost their self-esteem and brag about the awesome deal they got which was better than...) You can't lose sleep over a few hundred dollars here and there - you still got a good deal compared to 95% of the MDX buyers who don't read these boards or walk into a dealership uninformed. The best deal I have been quoted on personally in the NY area (which was matched within $100 by several dealers) is $43,800 for a 2008 MDX Tech/Entertainment with sport running boards, side moldings, all-weather mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, cargo net and wheel locks (price includes the accessories installed). I think that's pretty untouchable for an '08 in the NY area without any incentives or special finance rates currently being offered on this vehicle...
  • I think you got a decent deal but not the best deal. There is always someone who gets a better deal than you so there isn't really need to be angry at the dealer since the deal was mutually agreed up on. Of course you can always walk away. It's just a car.
  • dms9dms9 Posts: 137
    I was going to buy from Rosenthal but just wasn't comfortable with them. We bought a Nissan from them before and were really dissatisfied. I bought mine from Pohanka. I don't know if I got the best deal, but I got such good service it was worth it to me to cross over the bridge into VA. I agree with the other posts, if you thought you had a good deal when you walked out of the showroom, you should be happy. Someone will always do better. It's not like you paid thousands more. You paid a couple bucks more on a very expensive vehicle. The dealer is in business to make money, they deserve a profit. You deserve a good car and good service. If you were happy with the service, buy it from Rosenthal, if not, go somewhere else. You have a written offer, you won't pay more. Good luck.
  • Just curious, it's not even 2008 yet, how can some dealers already sell the 08 MDX at or even below invoice just weeks after they came out? Big heldback or incentives from Honda? Not that I am complaining.
  • I would also like to know how is everyone buying the 2008 MDX at invoice or below?

We tried to get a dealer to sell at invoice 2 weeks ago -- the best deal we could find was $250 over.

Really curious how the dealers are able to sell the 08 models at invoice?
  • alex45alex45 Posts: 4
    Question, are you sure??? I've never seen or heard of a deal like that before on a 2008 MDX Tech lease with 22k miles for 42 months...and I should know, I'm shopping for the same SUV with 25k miles for 36 months. My price is $742 with $3,999 plus destination Down, $4,714 total. I'm also getting the running boards and roof rack/cross bars.

I'm located in New York and shopping in Brooklyn and Jersey, don't know where you are, but even if your in Timbucktoo, I might just have to take the flight and ship my MDX back, LOL. Do you mind revealing where you are and the name of the dealership and salesman?
  • Like I said in my last post, I am skeptical of anyone who has posted here on a 2008 MDX that they got below invoice I would have to think it is either A) a demo with mileage on it or B) a fabricated price. What is real, however, is a current month end promotion at Springfield Acura in NJ now until 10/31 - through the internet department you can drive off with any '08 Acura at invoice price - better hurry, though as I understand that they have sold most of their in-stock inventory of MDX's in the past 24 hours as a result. Ask for John and he'll hook you up.
  • dont get me wrong i dont think that is a good deal. the reason y i think like that is
    678 x 42 = 28476.00
    upfront cost+ montly payement = 28476 + 1816 = 30292

say u r buying this vehicle it may cost u 42000 on road.so actualy u r only saving 12000 dollars. i guesss it is better off for u to buy this car right now since i feel after 4 years even if the car has 90k miles u can sell it for more than 12000 dollars. this is just my thought. i bought a delear demo with 4k miles for 37500 that is the price before tax in NY. any way good luck
  • Is $37,000 a good deal for a 2007 demo Tech/Entertainment with 5,000 miles?
    I would treat that as a used car and price it accordingly. If that's what a used 07 MDX goes for, then it's not good. Not bad but not good.
  • hey guys! well, i guess they are doing it in other parts of the country. I am from southern california, and i got my 08 tech at $40,100. i had $1500 out the door which included $480 towards cap cost red (a.k.a. down), and at 36 months, 12k miles, my payments are $600 and some change/month (that's including tax of 7.75%). It is possible to get it under invoice. i do have a couple of friends who tried to get this similar deal, and the dealership now wouldn't do it, but i'm sure that if you haggled the heck out of them, they would get close. I was e-mailing and calling 3 different dealerships for a week before finally settling.

oh yeah..i got mine in the middle of September. also, when i was haggling, i was haggling to get an 07 MDX tech. So, after we finally came down with the numbers i was somewhat happy with, i went to the dealership, and found out that they didn't have the color that i was looking for (gray with ebony). but, i knew that another dealership had it. so, instead of losing my business to another one, they gave me the 08 instead. At first, i was really happy, then i got home and got a little suspicious...i mean, it was just WAYYYY too easy to get the 08...but i kept going over the numbers over and over again, and now i'm super satisfied.