Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdx,

>> Those incentives are for Canada, not the US.. You can look up current incentives right here on Edmunds.com.

With all due respect, I don't think Edmunds is updated at all. Even my local acura dealer is willing to admit that they have incentives of more than 2k. Edmunds says that there are no incentives at all.

As I have always maintained, I don't know what the true incentives are, and the website I referenced earlier may be referring to incentives only to Canada. But we are intelligent enough to guess what is the true dealer cost in USA from prices that various buyers are getting and posting on this forum. It is extremely difficult to accept dealer's word or simple 'assurances' of people of other poster's on the board.

Here is a small compilation of purchases from this board:

Tech:
    1) kechal, purchase price= 39.5k; location : manchester, ct, when=9-Nov;
    2) suharsh,purchase price= 38.7k, location =chicago, when: 7-Nov;
    3) surfin,purchase price= 39.7k + 599 (destination?), location =jacksonville, when = 9-Nov;

Tech/ent:
    1) sarav, purchase price= 41k location = pohanka, va, when = 7-Nov (likely deal was done prior to nov 4??);
    2) ucar, purchase price= 39.6+810 (destination), location = ??, when = 10-Nov

base
    1) lexluthor, purchase price= 34.1k, location =pohanka, va, when = 7-Nov, deal was done prior to nov 4
    2) cplin, purchase price= 34.5k, location = naperville, ilwhen = 7-Nov;
    3) michele19, purchase price= 36.9, location = ?? (Price included accessories such roof rack, kayak etc==> purchase price was in35.5k top 36k range;

Except for one all of them compare well with the price range that I had arrived at earlier after assuming that dealers are getting a 8500/- incentive (and not passing on to buyer's)
    Base - 34k-35k
    Sports/Ent - 42k-43k
    Sports - 40k-41k
    Tech - 38k-39k
    Tech/Ent - 40k-41k

Assuming that none of these deals resulted in a loss to the dealers concerned, there are two additional things to notice
    1) the incentives do not appear to end on 4 Nov as was discussed on the board
    2) the incentives do not appear to be specific to some high-volume dealers such as Pohanka, VA dealer - it is all over the country

Congratulations to the above buyers for their great bargaining skills.

ucar, getting a tech/ent for 39.6+810 destination is a great deal. This number is almost identical to what I gave my dealer. Would you be willing to share the location and dealership of purchase ?
  • ucarucar Posts: 3
    Thanks to all forum participants and their inputs for helping me to get a good deal.
    MDX Tech/Ent - bought for 39.6 + 810 Dest - in Chicagoland
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905
    I'm sorry.... those incentives are for Canada, period....

You picked numbers off a Canadian website, for cars in Canada.. It's as clear as can be..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Does anyone know or have reason to believe the incentives on the 09s will improve into the end of 2009?

I recall last year this time, a MDX base was 32-33k-ish and techs were 35-36k-ish. Those were more volatile times than this year.

It looks like the 2k dealer incentive has been extended into January, so is this as good as it gets?
  • Predicting incentive is like reading tea leaves... no one knows

Having said that last sept/Oct incentives were 4K because
    1) Gas was >$4.50 (in CA)
    2) dealers were flushed with MDX
    3) Economy was in much worse shape
    5) Pessimism was very high...

Now
    1) Gas is around 3.50
    2) Honda has controlled the inventory/cut production
    3) There is little optimism about economy
    4) General pessimism is leas then last year...

So I do not see why the incentives will increase... but then who can predict these things
  • Bought a Base 09 MDX this evening for 34,500+TTL.
  • Ucar,

Could you be more specific on the dealer? I believe, Chicagoland has several dealers!

Thanks for your response.

NAABUDDY.
  • I just bought a 2009 MDX with Tech package for 39.8K + TTL . The dealer threw in running boards,cargo tray,wheel locks. Is this a good deal?
  • ucarucar Posts: 3
    At Libertyville Acura
  • I'm looking to buy a brand new 2009 MDX with Tech package for 38-39K.Anyone has any recommendations of dealerships offering good deals in the Houston area? Now that 2010 MDX's will be in showroom in another month's time frame not sure if I should venture into a 2010 MDX or get a better deal on a 2009 MDX. Appreciate your feedback on buying experiences, prices etc.
  • Thanks for your quick response UCAR
  • About to pull trigger, but wanted input from the community first...

new 09 Tech black on black with running boards and roof rack...

$40,0084.00 price
    $529 government fees
    $3,512.16 taxes (8.75% Orange County rate)
    $55.00 doc. fee
    2 free oil changes

THOUGHTS?? SHOULD I DO IT?????? Thanks everyone!!
  • Was that $34,500 after the $399 processing fee?

I guess I did get lucky getting in the day I did, just under the wire at $34,100 (after the processing fee) + TTL.

I guess it went up $400 the next day. $34,500 still a great price compared to what I saw up her in NY ($36K).

How great were they to deal with there? Their internet salesman is such a nice guy to work with.
  • Talked to my dealer yesterday, and he let me know incentives on the MDX have dropped from $8500 down to $6500, not that it matters anyway they are sold out of 09 models and not getting any more, so beware in the USA incentives could be dropped as supplies of the 09 models become more scarce.
  • Hi
    I want to lease a 2009 MDX in NJ or PA (close to NJ)
    Anyone have a good dealer and idea of what I should pay?
    sz
  • There wasn't any MDX forum that I found on Edmunds, where I could post this question ... hence this one ... which seems to be the most active.

I know (not 100% sure but pretty certain) that MDX 2009 doesn't qualify for section 179. I recall that for SUVs that don't qualify for still have some special depreciation possible the first year ... anyone has any details, links ...

As much as I know one limitation of section 179 is that the deduction cannot be greater than the tax owed? This year, thanks to the recession, I didn't make as much money as a regular year ... so in a way that it is good I can't use section 179.

I recall reading somewhere that about 25K depreciation is allowed for non-section 179 vehicles. I could be wrong and hence seek out your opinion.
  • Which dealer you're working with ? I'm also in OC looking for a new 09 MDX with tech package. Anything to share on your experiences dealing with Acura dealers in OC ? Is it worth to go out to inland empire to get better price ?
  • I got a great deal - at least I think so - at Lehigh Valley Acura in Allentown. See my post on 11/2 or 11/3. They are great to deal with.

I leased an MDX base.
  • joetajoeta Posts: 1
    35.5k +TTL, + 810 destination

got floormats, roof rails, crossbars, and cargo tray installed by dealer for another $300

not sure how you want to count the accessories at dealer cost/list or whatever so I'll just post the #'s and make you decide whats best

marin acura, CA

it is my understanding that my tax-incentive here is approx $300, heh
  • Well guys after e-mailing back and forth with the sales person and agreeing on the price that I wanted I finally bought my white 09 mdx with Tech, and here is the price that I paid 39,000 get this OUT THE DOOR. I think I did real good. What do you guys think.
  • How would we know? OTD is pretty meaningless unless we know what youe state tax rate is and other registration fees. Please post what you paid for the car itself.
  • I just brought MDX TECH 2009 for 39k.

The dealer gave me rail-roof and after market entertainment system. DO you think I got a good price ?

Thank.
  • platt,
    what was the invoice excluding TTL. Where did you buy this.
    Seems folks r getting great deals now :)
  • baigbaig Posts: 2
    Hi There,

I am also looking for MDX Tech in chicago. If you don't mind can you tell from which dealer you bought your MDX.

Thanks
  • baigbaig Posts: 2
    Hi There,

Can you tell me from which dealer you bought car. I also live in Chicago and am looking for MDX.

Thanks
  • kokos7kokos7 Posts: 22
    Looking at 2009 MDX and got these offers from NYC area dealers:

1. Base $36,550
    2. Tech and Ent $41,850

One concern is that inventory seems to be very low. Also since the 2010 model is coming in a month or so I am concerned whether it's worth buying the older 2009 model at this time.
    What do you think?
  • That's high, even for NY.

I was able to get it down to around $36K for the Base in NY area 2 weeks ago. NY dealers don't seem to be going much below that.

I wound up buying at Pohanka in VA for $34,100 (deal is now gone, but I still think it's available at maybe $500 more now?).
  • finally one dealer willing to drop the price to 35890... still higher than the price posted here but probably the best deal i can get in CO. Will finalize the deal tomorrow morning. I will keep you guys posted

One more question: I am kinda tall, about 6'4", do you think I will fit in the driver seat easily? I tried Toyota, it's quite roomy. what do you think about the MDX? i have not had a chance to try one yet. ..any feedback will be appreciated...!